CF related arthritis?

wanderlost

I thought I was just getting old , but I saw in someone's siggy they had "cf related arthritis." Could this be what I have? I have a constant ache in my hip joints, my neck,and occasionally in my fingers and wrists. It sucks. Arthritis does run in my family, so I thought this was just the begininngs of that - but maybe it's a Cf thing??

wanderlost

I thought I was just getting old , but I saw in someone's siggy they had "cf related arthritis." Could this be what I have? I have a constant ache in my hip joints, my neck,and occasionally in my fingers and wrists. It sucks. Arthritis does run in my family, so I thought this was just the begininngs of that - but maybe it's a Cf thing??

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

JazzysMom

There definitely is such a thing as CFRA. What I dont know is how they determine the difference especially if you are relatively healthy CF wise, have family history of arthritis & maybe live in a climate that is not the best for arthritis.

I am not sure who on here has an "official" dx of CFRA, but it would be interesting to hear how that "official" dx came about.

I am like you. Severe arthritis runs in my family & starts at young ages. I know for sure I get it in my hands, but the rest of my aches & pains does coincide with family trends so who knows.

JazzysMom

There definitely is such a thing as CFRA. What I dont know is how they determine the difference especially if you are relatively healthy CF wise, have family history of arthritis & maybe live in a climate that is not the best for arthritis.

I am not sure who on here has an "official" dx of CFRA, but it would be interesting to hear how that "official" dx came about.

I am like you. Severe arthritis runs in my family & starts at young ages. I know for sure I get it in my hands, but the rest of my aches & pains does coincide with family trends so who knows.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

thefrogprincess

Oh yeah! Sign me up for some joint pain too! Right now I am working with a rheumatologist to see if what I have is really arthritis or something else. Not all my symptoms fit and my x-rays do not show any sign of erosion on the joints.

I would also like to know how one is "officially" diagnosed with CFRA? Hey you out there! How did it happen?!

thefrogprincess

Oh yeah! Sign me up for some joint pain too! Right now I am working with a rheumatologist to see if what I have is really arthritis or something else. Not all my symptoms fit and my x-rays do not show any sign of erosion on the joints.

I would also like to know how one is "officially" diagnosed with CFRA? Hey you out there! How did it happen?!

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

jfarel

For the past year I have had pain in two fingers. Feels "arthritis like". I wonder if it is cf related.

jfarel

For the past year I have had pain in two fingers. Feels "arthritis like". I wonder if it is cf related.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel