CF related arthritis?

Faust

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jfarel</b></i>

I'm pretty malnourished.</end quote></div>

That is probably the biggest problem right there. Everything starts at nutrition and then goes to other categories. Our bodies (as you know) are always inflamed and usually highly acidic. If you eat foods that are known to counter that, you will get a huge benefit in return. What I told the chick with the arthritis to eat applies to you as well.

Faust

That is probably the biggest problem right there. Everything starts at nutrition and then goes to other categories. Our bodies (as you know) are always inflamed and usually highly acidic. If you eat foods that are known to counter that, you will get a huge benefit in return. What I told the chick with the arthritis to eat applies to you as well.

Faust

Faust

I'm pretty malnourished.</end quote>

Faust

I'm pretty malnourished.</end quote>

mom2lillian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wanderlost</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>

Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?</end quote></div>

You know, I am not sure. I think it has all come about in the last two years. I know the hip pain really started when i was pregnant - which I figured then was pregnancy related, but it has gotten worse. But you figure maybe pregnancy is when my levels started going low and then with nursing I just haven't gotten them back up - ??</end quote></div>

Wanderlost-that is PRECISELY what I was wondering. Being pregnant takes a huge toll on our nutritional reserves and then nursing for a long time like we did saps even more out of us so I would way say work on getting all your nutritional levels in peak shape and see where that gets you.

Also, I am a big fan of chiropractic and if your hips started bothering you when pregnant it is highly likely that due to teh relaxin-sp? (hormone made by the body) allows your joints to get out of alignment very easily, your muscles can then get 'used' to this position and once you have delivered it is very easy for your body to stay in this mis-aligned position and without an adjustment it can continue to be problematic.

mom2lillian

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wanderlost</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>

Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?</end quote></div>

You know, I am not sure. I think it has all come about in the last two years. I know the hip pain really started when i was pregnant - which I figured then was pregnancy related, but it has gotten worse. But you figure maybe pregnancy is when my levels started going low and then with nursing I just haven't gotten them back up - ??</end quote></div>

Wanderlost-that is PRECISELY what I was wondering. Being pregnant takes a huge toll on our nutritional reserves and then nursing for a long time like we did saps even more out of us so I would way say work on getting all your nutritional levels in peak shape and see where that gets you.

Also, I am a big fan of chiropractic and if your hips started bothering you when pregnant it is highly likely that due to teh relaxin-sp? (hormone made by the body) allows your joints to get out of alignment very easily, your muscles can then get 'used' to this position and once you have delivered it is very easy for your body to stay in this mis-aligned position and without an adjustment it can continue to be problematic.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?</end quote>

You know, I am not sure. I think it has all come about in the last two years. I know the hip pain really started when i was pregnant - which I figured then was pregnancy related, but it has gotten worse. But you figure maybe pregnancy is when my levels started going low and then with nursing I just haven't gotten them back up - ??</end quote>

mom2lillian

Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?</end quote>

You know, I am not sure. I think it has all come about in the last two years. I know the hip pain really started when i was pregnant - which I figured then was pregnancy related, but it has gotten worse. But you figure maybe pregnancy is when my levels started going low and then with nursing I just haven't gotten them back up - ??</end quote>

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Faust</b></i>

What I told the chick with the arthritis to eat applies to you as well.</end quote></div>

Am I the "chick with the arthritis?"

If so, I have a pretty good diet - we eat many veggies and whole grains, organic, etc. BUT, I also drink too much caffeine and on top of all my healthy foods tend to like very fatty and sugary foods -

didn't someone have a thread about an anti-inflammatory diet?

wanderlost

What I told the chick with the arthritis to eat applies to you as well.</end quote></div>

If so, I have a pretty good diet - we eat many veggies and whole grains, organic, etc. BUT, I also drink too much caffeine and on top of all my healthy foods tend to like very fatty and sugary foods -

wanderlost

wanderlost

What I told the chick with the arthritis to eat applies to you as well.</end quote>

wanderlost

What I told the chick with the arthritis to eat applies to you as well.</end quote>

bagged2drag

In some cases, it's possible for the arthritis to get a little better after a rebound of your vitamin levels. One thing to keep in mind though, sometimes there is physical damage done when your vitamin levels are low and it is irreversible. I'm not sure to what extent the body is able to repair itself when it comes to arthritis, so prevention is most important. It would be interesting to know how many individuals here have joint and body pain and what the correlation between malnourishment and the pain is.

bagged2drag

In some cases, it's possible for the arthritis to get a little better after a rebound of your vitamin levels. One thing to keep in mind though, sometimes there is physical damage done when your vitamin levels are low and it is irreversible. I'm not sure to what extent the body is able to repair itself when it comes to arthritis, so prevention is most important. It would be interesting to know how many individuals here have joint and body pain and what the correlation between malnourishment and the pain is.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag