CF related arthritis?

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jfarel</b></i>

For the past year I have had pain in two fingers. Feels "arthritis like". I wonder if it is cf related.</end quote></div>

It could also be gout especially with it not being the hand and only fingers. Just a thought...

JazzysMom

For the past year I have had pain in two fingers. Feels "arthritis like". I wonder if it is cf related.</end quote></div>

It could also be gout especially with it not being the hand and only fingers. Just a thought...

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

For the past year I have had pain in two fingers. Feels "arthritis like". I wonder if it is cf related.</end quote>

JazzysMom

For the past year I have had pain in two fingers. Feels "arthritis like". I wonder if it is cf related.</end quote>

Momtana

I had a consult with a rheumatologist at my last CF clinic appointment - there are two types of arthritis that people with CF get. I have osteo arthritis - just like my sisters and parents.

Momtana

I had a consult with a rheumatologist at my last CF clinic appointment - there are two types of arthritis that people with CF get. I have osteo arthritis - just like my sisters and parents.

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana

bagged2drag

One precursor to arthritis in cf'ers is vitamin d deficiency (so i've been told). I had a bad flare up that was nearly intolerable so I went into the E.R., they checked for gout and it was negative. I had noticeable inflammation in my hands, knees, ankles, feet and redness in the elbows. Haven't seen a rheumatologist yet though, I cant take arthritis meds anyways (allergice to most, no luck with the ones I can take). Talk to your doc if its problematic, he may be able to help (not that any of us want to take more meds, but...).

bagged2drag

One precursor to arthritis in cf'ers is vitamin d deficiency (so i've been told). I had a bad flare up that was nearly intolerable so I went into the E.R., they checked for gout and it was negative. I had noticeable inflammation in my hands, knees, ankles, feet and redness in the elbows. Haven't seen a rheumatologist yet though, I cant take arthritis meds anyways (allergice to most, no luck with the ones I can take). Talk to your doc if its problematic, he may be able to help (not that any of us want to take more meds, but...).

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

mom2lillian

my husband was tested for RA, regular version of course, there is a factor in your blood when you have RA, I dont know if it would be the same for CFRA but I would think so. THey did find alot erosion in parts his body so they said yes to athritis forming but since he didn thave the factor it was not RA, I think that is how they normally tell difference. Perhaps the difference with CFRA being it starts young and is related to vitamins etc?

Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vitamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?

mom2lillian

my husband was tested for RA, regular version of course, there is a factor in your blood when you have RA, I dont know if it would be the same for CFRA but I would think so. THey did find alot erosion in parts his body so they said yes to athritis forming but since he didn thave the factor it was not RA, I think that is how they normally tell difference. Perhaps the difference with CFRA being it starts young and is related to vitamins etc?

Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vitamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian