CF related arthritis?

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bagged2drag</b></i>

One precursor to arthritis in cf'ers is vitamin d deficiency (so i've been told). I had a bad flare up that was nearly intolerable so I went into the E.R., they checked for gout and it was negative. I had noticeable inflammation in my hands, knees, ankles, feet and redness in the elbows. Haven't seen a rheumatologist yet though, I cant take arthritis meds anyways (allergice to most, no luck with the ones I can take). Talk to your doc if its problematic, he may be able to help (not that any of us want to take more meds, but...).</end quote></div>

Well interstingly enough, my vitamin D levels were very low at my last labs and I am now taking ADEKS - I was only oin prenatals before because I was nursing - I had gotten myself a calcium supplement before I had my labs as I wondered if the two weren't related. I can't say the pain is any better right now, but I have only been on the ADEKS for 2 weeks and I don't know how long it takes to get levels back up.

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>bagged2drag</b></i>

One precursor to arthritis in cf'ers is vitamin d deficiency (so i've been told). I had a bad flare up that was nearly intolerable so I went into the E.R., they checked for gout and it was negative. I had noticeable inflammation in my hands, knees, ankles, feet and redness in the elbows. Haven't seen a rheumatologist yet though, I cant take arthritis meds anyways (allergice to most, no luck with the ones I can take). Talk to your doc if its problematic, he may be able to help (not that any of us want to take more meds, but...).</end quote></div>

Well interstingly enough, my vitamin D levels were very low at my last labs and I am now taking ADEKS - I was only oin prenatals before because I was nursing - I had gotten myself a calcium supplement before I had my labs as I wondered if the two weren't related. I can't say the pain is any better right now, but I have only been on the ADEKS for 2 weeks and I don't know how long it takes to get levels back up.

wanderlost

wanderlost

One precursor to arthritis in cf'ers is vitamin d deficiency (so i've been told). I had a bad flare up that was nearly intolerable so I went into the E.R., they checked for gout and it was negative. I had noticeable inflammation in my hands, knees, ankles, feet and redness in the elbows. Haven't seen a rheumatologist yet though, I cant take arthritis meds anyways (allergice to most, no luck with the ones I can take). Talk to your doc if its problematic, he may be able to help (not that any of us want to take more meds, but...).</end quote>

wanderlost

One precursor to arthritis in cf'ers is vitamin d deficiency (so i've been told). I had a bad flare up that was nearly intolerable so I went into the E.R., they checked for gout and it was negative. I had noticeable inflammation in my hands, knees, ankles, feet and redness in the elbows. Haven't seen a rheumatologist yet though, I cant take arthritis meds anyways (allergice to most, no luck with the ones I can take). Talk to your doc if its problematic, he may be able to help (not that any of us want to take more meds, but...).</end quote>

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>
Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?</end quote></div>

You know, I am not sure. I think it has all come about in the last two years. I know the hip pain really started when i was pregnant - which I figured then was pregnancy related, but it has gotten worse. But you figure maybe pregnancy is when my levels started going low and then with nursing I just haven't gotten them back up - ??

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>
Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?</end quote></div>

You know, I am not sure. I think it has all come about in the last two years. I know the hip pain really started when i was pregnant - which I figured then was pregnancy related, but it has gotten worse. But you figure maybe pregnancy is when my levels started going low and then with nursing I just haven't gotten them back up - ??

wanderlost

wanderlost

Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?</end quote>

wanderlost

Wanderlost-I remember a post saying your vamins were really low, I wonder once you get those back if it would feel a bit better? Do you remember being in pain like this before your levels took a dip?</end quote>

jfarel

I'm pretty malnourished and the pain is not that bad in my fingers so "GOUT" is probably very unlikely.

jfarel

I'm pretty malnourished and the pain is not that bad in my fingers so "GOUT" is probably very unlikely.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

Faust

Had the same crap a long time ago. Oregano oil and other natural antiinflammatories helped me. I no longer have any arthritis symptoms at all. Gout was also kicking my ass, that is gone as well now too. The best way to tackle joint related pain besides supplements is diet. While my general arthritis and stuff was overall gone before I dropped meat, I still had some occasional creekiness going on. Now, that is gone as well. Try and eat a ton of veggies/fruits/whole grains/dark leafy greens and it will help big time.

Faust

Had the same crap a long time ago. Oregano oil and other natural antiinflammatories helped me. I no longer have any arthritis symptoms at all. Gout was also kicking my ass, that is gone as well now too. The best way to tackle joint related pain besides supplements is diet. While my general arthritis and stuff was overall gone before I dropped meat, I still had some occasional creekiness going on. Now, that is gone as well. Try and eat a ton of veggies/fruits/whole grains/dark leafy greens and it will help big time.

Faust

Faust

Faust