10 years left

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mabusincarnate</b></i>

The idea of NASA is cool. I've experienced some things that most people outside of Houston have only seen on TV.

</end quote></div>

I don't know where you live currently, but if you aren't already in Houston, here is food for thought:
During the course of my divorce, I traveled around a bit looking for some place I might want to live. I found the Texas coast pretty polluted because of the oil industry. A lot of places, we drove through without stopping because we couldn't breathe. Then we got to Houston. We had lunch there. I walked out of the restaurant and threw up a little in my car because the air was so toxic.

A pollution map suggests why and is rather frightening:
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://scorecard.org/env-releases/cap/">http://scorecard.org/env-releases/cap/</a> (The large cluster of red dots in Texas is basically Houston and surrounding areas.)

So...I don't plan on living in Houston. Ever.

Good luck with your decision.

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mabusincarnate</b></i>

The idea of NASA is cool. I've experienced some things that most people outside of Houston have only seen on TV.

</end quote></div>

I don't know where you live currently, but if you aren't already in Houston, here is food for thought:
During the course of my divorce, I traveled around a bit looking for some place I might want to live. I found the Texas coast pretty polluted because of the oil industry. A lot of places, we drove through without stopping because we couldn't breathe. Then we got to Houston. We had lunch there. I walked out of the restaurant and threw up a little in my car because the air was so toxic.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://scorecard.org/env-releases/cap/">http://scorecard.org/env-releases/cap/</a> (The large cluster of red dots in Texas is basically Houston and surrounding areas.)

MicheleGazelle

</end quote></div>

MicheleGazelle

</end quote>

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />The idea of NASA is cool. I've experienced some things that most people outside of Houston have only seen on TV.
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />I don't know where you live currently, but if you aren't already in Houston, here is food for thought:
<br />During the course of my divorce, I traveled around a bit looking for some place I might want to live. I found the Texas coast pretty polluted because of the oil industry. A lot of places, we drove through without stopping because we couldn't breathe. Then we got to Houston. We had lunch there. I walked out of the restaurant and threw up a little in my car because the air was so toxic.
<br />
<br />A pollution map suggests why and is rather frightening:
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://scorecard.org/env-releases/cap/">http://scorecard.org/env-releases/cap/</a> (The large cluster of red dots in Texas is basically Houston and surrounding areas.)
<br />
<br />So...I don't plan on living in Houston. Ever.
<br />
<br />Good luck with your decision.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>karenb</b></i>

Love lots....

And keep a journal for those you love telling them how they keep you wishing for one more day to make the world better for them.</end quote></div>

FANTASTIC & will be treasured for generations!

HUGS Karen

JazzysMom

Love lots....

And keep a journal for those you love telling them how they keep you wishing for one more day to make the world better for them.</end quote></div>

HUGS Karen

JazzysMom

Love lots....

HUGS Karen

JazzysMom

Love lots....

And keep a journal for those you love telling them how they keep you wishing for one more day to make the world better for them.</end quote>

HUGS Karen

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Love lots....
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />And keep a journal for those you love telling them how they keep you wishing for one more day to make the world better for them.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />FANTASTIC & will be treasured for generations!
<br />
<br />HUGS Karen
<br />
<br />

minimedic304

I to am face with you same situation mabusincarnate, 10 years ago I was a paramedic, working and volunteering 24/7. I moved to orlando 4 years ago because I couldn't do that anymore. I love being a paramedic and knew the only way I would stop being one was to move away where I couldnt be one. So here I am in Orlando, I just started collecting disability and now can only work two days a week. This has made me very depressed because my mind still wants to be involved in emergency services but my body is not listening and my cf is getting worse. My only saviour is my fishing guide business. I love to fish and I am glad I still can, but I know eventually I will have to give that up too.

minimedic304

I to am face with you same situation mabusincarnate, 10 years ago I was a paramedic, working and volunteering 24/7. I moved to orlando 4 years ago because I couldn't do that anymore. I love being a paramedic and knew the only way I would stop being one was to move away where I couldnt be one. So here I am in Orlando, I just started collecting disability and now can only work two days a week. This has made me very depressed because my mind still wants to be involved in emergency services but my body is not listening and my cf is getting worse. My only saviour is my fishing guide business. I love to fish and I am glad I still can, but I know eventually I will have to give that up too.

minimedic304

minimedic304

minimedic304

mabusincarnate

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

I walked out of the restaurant and threw up a little in my car because the air was so toxic.

</end quote></div>

I HATE Houston. HATE. I've been to lots of cities and it's my least favorite. Traffic, drivers, people, restaurants, culture, pollution, you name it. I can't stand the uptight conservative born-again suburbanites. I can't stand the endless miles of strip malls. Chain restaurants have put the good places out of business. Nature is dead. Gone. We killed it.

I asked the doc if she had regional FEV1 statistics that could show a definitive correlation to pollution. She tried to act like there was no correlation. Based on how she danced around the question, I'm not sure she was being entirely truthful.

But, my wife refuses to move. She will let me quit my job to find something I like but she draws the line at giving up what she likes. That's fair, I guess but there's a market for her job all over the country. Whatever...

mabusincarnate

I walked out of the restaurant and threw up a little in my car because the air was so toxic.

</end quote></div>

I HATE Houston. HATE. I've been to lots of cities and it's my least favorite. Traffic, drivers, people, restaurants, culture, pollution, you name it. I can't stand the uptight conservative born-again suburbanites. I can't stand the endless miles of strip malls. Chain restaurants have put the good places out of business. Nature is dead. Gone. We killed it.

I asked the doc if she had regional FEV1 statistics that could show a definitive correlation to pollution. She tried to act like there was no correlation. Based on how she danced around the question, I'm not sure she was being entirely truthful.

But, my wife refuses to move. She will let me quit my job to find something I like but she draws the line at giving up what she likes. That's fair, I guess but there's a market for her job all over the country. Whatever...

mabusincarnate

</end quote></div>

mabusincarnate

</end quote>

mabusincarnate

<br />
<br />I walked out of the restaurant and threw up a little in my car because the air was so toxic.
<br />
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />I HATE Houston. HATE. I've been to lots of cities and it's my least favorite. Traffic, drivers, people, restaurants, culture, pollution, you name it. I can't stand the uptight conservative born-again suburbanites. I can't stand the endless miles of strip malls. Chain restaurants have put the good places out of business. Nature is dead. Gone. We killed it.
<br />
<br />I asked the doc if she had regional FEV1 statistics that could show a definitive correlation to pollution. She tried to act like there was no correlation. Based on how she danced around the question, I'm not sure she was being entirely truthful.
<br />
<br />But, my wife refuses to move. She will let me quit my job to find something I like but she draws the line at giving up what she likes. That's fair, I guess but there's a market for her job all over the country. Whatever...