10 years left

mabusincarnate

if i live to 50, i haven't lost anything by making this choice. i will have lived my life how i wanted, not how others wanted - which is what i've been doing.

mabusincarnate

if i live to 50, i haven't lost anything by making this choice. i will have lived my life how i wanted, not how others wanted - which is what i've been doing.

mabusincarnate

mabusincarnate

mabusincarnate

Diane

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mabusincarnate</b></i>

i will have lived my life how i wanted, not how others wanted - which is what i've been doing.</end quote></div>
If that is the case, then you are doing the right thing.

Diane

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mabusincarnate</b></i>

i will have lived my life how i wanted, not how others wanted - which is what i've been doing.</end quote></div>

Diane

Diane

i will have lived my life how i wanted, not how others wanted - which is what i've been doing.</end quote>

Diane

<br />
<br />i will have lived my life how i wanted, not how others wanted - which is what i've been doing.</end quote>
<br /> If that is the case, then you are doing the right thing.
<br />

Poobah

I just joined because my step-son may have CF.

I dropped in on this thread and think I might have a different bit of perspective.

I have Stage IV Kidney Cancer. I was diagnosed in July of last year. Since then I have had a kidney removed, the lower half of my left lung removed and had a couple of nodes removed. I am taking a "targeted therapy" pill to hopefully fend off a return. Thanks to surgery, I don't have any visible tumors, but the cancer is loose.

There is no cure and 95% of Stage IV patients die within 5 years of diagnosis.

Please understand that I am not trying to make a comparison of our situations. They are both terrible. I just want to let you know that I faced a similar choice.

Which ever route you choose, make sure you have good insurance. You really don't want to have to make medical decisions based on your pocketbook.

Beyond that, do what makes you feel good. I dropped out of the workforce and am doing volunteer work. I liked my job as a Project Manager, but working with other cancer patients, disabled children and hospice patients is far more rewarding, and much less demanding.

One other thing to ponder. Two or three years ago there was only one standard treatment for Kidney Cancer. There are now three targeted therapies, a immune boosting therapy, stem cell transplants. There are many new drugs and therapies coming down the pipe. There is still no cure in sight, but I am hopeful that I'll hang around long enough that something will come along.

You never know what the future will bring.

I wish you well.

Terry

Poobah

I dropped in on this thread and think I might have a different bit of perspective.

I have Stage IV Kidney Cancer. I was diagnosed in July of last year. Since then I have had a kidney removed, the lower half of my left lung removed and had a couple of nodes removed. I am taking a "targeted therapy" pill to hopefully fend off a return. Thanks to surgery, I don't have any visible tumors, but the cancer is loose.

Please understand that I am not trying to make a comparison of our situations. They are both terrible. I just want to let you know that I faced a similar choice.

Which ever route you choose, make sure you have good insurance. You really don't want to have to make medical decisions based on your pocketbook.

Beyond that, do what makes you feel good. I dropped out of the workforce and am doing volunteer work. I liked my job as a Project Manager, but working with other cancer patients, disabled children and hospice patients is far more rewarding, and much less demanding.

One other thing to ponder. Two or three years ago there was only one standard treatment for Kidney Cancer. There are now three targeted therapies, a immune boosting therapy, stem cell transplants. There are many new drugs and therapies coming down the pipe. There is still no cure in sight, but I am hopeful that I'll hang around long enough that something will come along.

I wish you well.

Terry

Poobah

I wish you well.

Terry

Poobah

I wish you well.

Terry

Poobah

<br />
<br />I dropped in on this thread and think I might have a different bit of perspective.
<br />
<br />I have Stage IV Kidney Cancer. I was diagnosed in July of last year. Since then I have had a kidney removed, the lower half of my left lung removed and had a couple of nodes removed. I am taking a "targeted therapy" pill to hopefully fend off a return. Thanks to surgery, I don't have any visible tumors, but the cancer is loose.
<br />
<br />There is no cure and 95% of Stage IV patients die within 5 years of diagnosis.
<br />
<br />Please understand that I am not trying to make a comparison of our situations. They are both terrible. I just want to let you know that I faced a similar choice.
<br />
<br />Which ever route you choose, make sure you have good insurance. You really don't want to have to make medical decisions based on your pocketbook.
<br />
<br />Beyond that, do what makes you feel good. I dropped out of the workforce and am doing volunteer work. I liked my job as a Project Manager, but working with other cancer patients, disabled children and hospice patients is far more rewarding, and much less demanding.
<br />
<br />One other thing to ponder. Two or three years ago there was only one standard treatment for Kidney Cancer. There are now three targeted therapies, a immune boosting therapy, stem cell transplants. There are many new drugs and therapies coming down the pipe. There is still no cure in sight, but I am hopeful that I'll hang around long enough that something will come along.
<br />
<br />You never know what the future will bring.
<br />
<br />I wish you well.
<br />
<br />Terry
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />