cfcndlelady

Redman's syndrome caused by antibiotics

Bonnie,

I first discovered Redman's Syndrome 17 years ago! Boy is it nasty! I have to get 50mg of IV Benadryl right before my Vancomycin IV otherwise it miserable,I itch from head to toe and I do mean EVERYWHERE in between!

I have found taking loratadine ( generic) doesn't work for me. I would take regular Benadryl. Try taking an oatmeal bath and maybe try calamine lotin ( the pink stuff!)

Good Luck, I know how miserable you are!

Caren 35 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Bonnie,

I first discovered Redman's Syndrome 17 years ago! Boy is it nasty! I have to get 50mg of IV Benadryl right before my Vancomycin IV otherwise it miserable,I itch from head to toe and I do mean EVERYWHERE in between!

I have found taking loratadine ( generic) doesn't work for me. I would take regular Benadryl. Try taking an oatmeal bath and maybe try calamine lotin ( the pink stuff!)

Caren 35 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Bonnie,

Caren 35 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Bonnie,

Caren 35 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Bonnie,

Caren 35 w/CF

kybert

i once had a bad reaction to vanc but the infusion was stopped immediately and i was given IV antihistamines so it cleared up very quickly. seeing as you were on it for 2 days, i dont know how long the reaction would/should last.

kybert

i once had a bad reaction to vanc but the infusion was stopped immediately and i was given IV antihistamines so it cleared up very quickly. seeing as you were on it for 2 days, i dont know how long the reaction would/should last.

kybert

kybert

kybert

MOME2RT

Reece also is allergic to vanc. It was stopped when we discovered that he was. But for the remainder of the IV course he was given a dose of benedryl right before. It cleared up in a few hours.

MOME2RT

Reece also is allergic to vanc. It was stopped when we discovered that he was. But for the remainder of the IV course he was given a dose of benedryl right before. It cleared up in a few hours.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT