Added calories necessary for pancreatic sufficient?

breathe22

I wonder if all the added calories and fat are necessary or healthy for my son who is pancreatic sufficient?

breathe22

I wonder if all the added calories and fat are necessary or healthy for my son who is pancreatic sufficient?

breathe22

breathe22

breathe22

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Does he have a good BMI? Is he tracking well in terms of height and weight? There is a correlation between better lung function and higher BMI.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Does he have a good BMI? Is he tracking well in terms of height and weight? There is a correlation between better lung function and higher BMI.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

breathe22

He is a smaller child (5th percentile for weight). I certainly want him to gain weight so his lungs to function better but I am not sure all the dairy products (cheese,butter,milk,cream,etc..) added to everything is the answer.

breathe22

He is a smaller child (5th percentile for weight). I certainly want him to gain weight so his lungs to function better but I am not sure all the dairy products (cheese,butter,milk,cream,etc..) added to everything is the answer.

breathe22

breathe22

breathe22

lilismom

My daughter is PI but on a low dose of enzymes. We feed her what we eat and she does not have a problem with weight. I'd say if your son is at a healthy weight you wouldn't need to add extra calories to his diet.

lilismom

My daughter is PI but on a low dose of enzymes. We feed her what we eat and she does not have a problem with weight. I'd say if your son is at a healthy weight you wouldn't need to add extra calories to his diet.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom