addiction effecting my CF?

jbrandonAW

I think this is something you MUST take up with your docs. You could have asthma or something else effecting your lungs, or you may just be sick, but you NEED to mention it, and they need to know you are taking it b/c it could interfer with a medicine.

Second- On pregnancy. I would try and overcome the addiction before you try for a baby, I don't think you can be on methadone and be preggo or the baby will be born addicted to methadone. It also sounds like you have some CF issues to get under control before you get preggo. Its hard on the body so be as healthy as you can.

jbrandonAW

I think this is something you MUST take up with your docs. You could have asthma or something else effecting your lungs, or you may just be sick, but you NEED to mention it, and they need to know you are taking it b/c it could interfer with a medicine.

Second- On pregnancy. I would try and overcome the addiction before you try for a baby, I don't think you can be on methadone and be preggo or the baby will be born addicted to methadone. It also sounds like you have some CF issues to get under control before you get preggo. Its hard on the body so be as healthy as you can.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

lightNlife

Another reason to wait with the pregnancy is because you are not yet married. Statistics show that there is a significantly higher rate of a couple parting ways if they are not legally married. Living together may seem like a full commitment, but it's not the same. If a man is not willing to respect you enough to marry you, he's not a real man and is likely enjoying the commitment-free sex you're giving him. You deserve better.

Make it legal so that if you have a kid and then (heaven forbid) you two should split, you have legal recourse for making sure your child is still provided for. Community property laws don't apply to couples who just live together. You need to be married. It's the better option for providing a stable home environment for you and any children you may have.

lightNlife

Another reason to wait with the pregnancy is because you are not yet married. Statistics show that there is a significantly higher rate of a couple parting ways if they are not legally married. Living together may seem like a full commitment, but it's not the same. If a man is not willing to respect you enough to marry you, he's not a real man and is likely enjoying the commitment-free sex you're giving him. You deserve better.

Make it legal so that if you have a kid and then (heaven forbid) you two should split, you have legal recourse for making sure your child is still provided for. Community property laws don't apply to couples who just live together. You need to be married. It's the better option for providing a stable home environment for you and any children you may have.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

Faust

All the pro addiction self acceptance stuff aside (and I agree with them all), we *ALL* have some form of addiction that restricts us health wise. Either it's sleeping too much/too long and not being active enough to cough up our lung butter, or someone like myself who drinks good beer on weekends knowing it dehydrates me and causes problems, or those ultra chronic hypochondriac CF's who's whole life has revolved around some freaky health issue that more than likely doesn't exist and it's an attention thing...I could go on for a long time, but the point is, we all have some from of addiction that we partake in that impacts us in a negative way. It's not just chemical, it's also behavioral.

As for your particular aspect, I 100% agree with the people on here saying not to have a kid. Not only are you extremely young, you have CF (and since we know absolutely nothing else about your finances/health/professional status etc), and you have a chemical addiction...You are the poster child for safe sex, and I don't mean due to concerns regarding STD's.

Get your own life/problems straightened out before you infect another human with a potentially very strong disadvantage when arriving on planet earth.

Faust

All the pro addiction self acceptance stuff aside (and I agree with them all), we *ALL* have some form of addiction that restricts us health wise. Either it's sleeping too much/too long and not being active enough to cough up our lung butter, or someone like myself who drinks good beer on weekends knowing it dehydrates me and causes problems, or those ultra chronic hypochondriac CF's who's whole life has revolved around some freaky health issue that more than likely doesn't exist and it's an attention thing...I could go on for a long time, but the point is, we all have some from of addiction that we partake in that impacts us in a negative way. It's not just chemical, it's also behavioral.

As for your particular aspect, I 100% agree with the people on here saying not to have a kid. Not only are you extremely young, you have CF (and since we know absolutely nothing else about your finances/health/professional status etc), and you have a chemical addiction...You are the poster child for safe sex, and I don't mean due to concerns regarding STD's.

Get your own life/problems straightened out before you infect another human with a potentially very strong disadvantage when arriving on planet earth.

Faust

Faust

Faust

kkilroy13

You are the poster child for safe sex, and I don't mean due to concerns regarding STD's. --- number one what the hell is that supposed to mean? because i took methadone i have std's? i've been with the same person for five years.
number two it bothers me that someone said wait to get married until you have kids blah blah blah. a lot of people dont get married when there having kids and with the high rates of divorce these days you might just be setting yourself up to get screwed over in the long run. i've been engaged now for almost two years, im planning on getting married but im not going to get married just because im planning on having kids. if your with someone and you both agree you want children i would hope you have enough respect/faith in your relationship that you would know its for the long run whether you get married or not.

thanks for the advice i get it get off the methadone and dont get pregnant.

kkilroy13

You are the poster child for safe sex, and I don't mean due to concerns regarding STD's. --- number one what the hell is that supposed to mean? because i took methadone i have std's? i've been with the same person for five years.
number two it bothers me that someone said wait to get married until you have kids blah blah blah. a lot of people dont get married when there having kids and with the high rates of divorce these days you might just be setting yourself up to get screwed over in the long run. i've been engaged now for almost two years, im planning on getting married but im not going to get married just because im planning on having kids. if your with someone and you both agree you want children i would hope you have enough respect/faith in your relationship that you would know its for the long run whether you get married or not.

kkilroy13

kkilroy13

kkilroy13