Adjusting to "The Vest"

Alyssa

Adjusting to "The Vest

My daughter didn't start with a vest until she was about 17 years old and she is still not able to take the higher settings two years later -- I don't know off the top of my head but I'm thinking she is down in the single digit numbers like 8 or 9 -- I'd go ahead and turn it down to a more comfortable setting - it still has to be more helpful than nothing and especially at this age, you don't want to start her off associating doing the vest with pain.

Alyssa

Adjusting to "The Vest

My daughter didn't start with a vest until she was about 17 years old and she is still not able to take the higher settings two years later -- I don't know off the top of my head but I'm thinking she is down in the single digit numbers like 8 or 9 -- I'd go ahead and turn it down to a more comfortable setting - it still has to be more helpful than nothing and especially at this age, you don't want to start her off associating doing the vest with pain.

Alyssa

Adjusting to "The Vest

Alyssa

Adjusting to "The Vest

Alyssa

Adjusting to "The Vest

leelumlm

Adjusting to "The Vest

My son is 3 and has been on the vest for six months now. He goes 10-11-12-13-14. He has no trouble with the 14 even through he does not really like the vest at all, and I think that is because he can not run around and play like normal. There should be a little knob on the right that starts at 10. The Vest rep said that that knob controls how tight the vest is and she told us to keep it between 30-40. I guess if my son had discomfort I would try turning that down. I hope this helps!!! Good luck!

leelumlm

Adjusting to "The Vest

My son is 3 and has been on the vest for six months now. He goes 10-11-12-13-14. He has no trouble with the 14 even through he does not really like the vest at all, and I think that is because he can not run around and play like normal. There should be a little knob on the right that starts at 10. The Vest rep said that that knob controls how tight the vest is and she told us to keep it between 30-40. I guess if my son had discomfort I would try turning that down. I hope this helps!!! Good luck!

leelumlm

Adjusting to "The Vest

leelumlm

Adjusting to "The Vest

leelumlm

Adjusting to "The Vest

M

Mommafirst

Adjusting to

We don't have the SmartVEst, but we just had clinic and they told us to do:

7 minutes of 7Hz 3 pressure
7 minutes of 8Hz 3 pressure
7 minutes of 9Hz 3 pressure

We are working on building the minutes up to 30 minutes by the time she is three

Next year they will take the Hz up a little more.

HTH

M

Mommafirst

Adjusting to

We are working on building the minutes up to 30 minutes by the time she is three

HTH

M

Mommafirst

Adjusting to

HTH

M

Mommafirst

Adjusting to

HTH

M

Mommafirst

Adjusting to

HTH

GriffinsMama

Adjusting to

Our clinic has us doing our hill rom at 13 hz a power level of 5 and we do at least 30 minutes twice per day. My son has been doing it for well over a year now and he does okay. if he gets antsy I just sit with him and hold him. He really likes it when I sit him on my lap while he does his vest. He's about 2 1/2.<br><br>

hth!<br><br>

Our Dr. said that the cilia pulse at a rate of 13 hz. It is the ideal setting. Anyone else ever heard that?

GriffinsMama

Adjusting to

Our clinic has us doing our hill rom at 13 hz a power level of 5 and we do at least 30 minutes twice per day. My son has been doing it for well over a year now and he does okay. if he gets antsy I just sit with him and hold him. He really likes it when I sit him on my lap while he does his vest. He's about 2 1/2.<br><br>

hth!<br><br>

Our Dr. said that the cilia pulse at a rate of 13 hz. It is the ideal setting. Anyone else ever heard that?

GriffinsMama

Adjusting to

hth!<br><br>

GriffinsMama

Adjusting to

hth!<br><br>

GriffinsMama

Adjusting to

hth!<br><br>