Airline Travel and Meds

aspur

Thanks everyone, some great advice. I'll be sure to have a covering doctors letter and I'll make sure I check all the kids pockets!

aspur

Thanks everyone, some great advice. I'll be sure to have a covering doctors letter and I'll make sure I check all the kids pockets!

Sheridan

I just thought I'd reply in case anyone else was reading this wondering about international flights. I took my CF son (who was 6) on an international flight from Australia to China Christmas 2006. We had no problems, I carried a letter from doctor outlining what medicences I was taking, I took all his scripts, we carried all his meds on board in hand luggage -dont have a vest.

The only raised eyebrow we had was when I landed back home in Australia and went through Customs and was asked if I was carry medications, said yes explained why, he asked if I had steriods said yes, explained what for and got waved through.

We had no problem with the language barrier in either China or Singapore (stopover), although saying that we also didn't have the strict liquid policy in place at the time.

Sheridan

I just thought I'd reply in case anyone else was reading this wondering about international flights. I took my CF son (who was 6) on an international flight from Australia to China Christmas 2006. We had no problems, I carried a letter from doctor outlining what medicences I was taking, I took all his scripts, we carried all his meds on board in hand luggage -dont have a vest.

The only raised eyebrow we had was when I landed back home in Australia and went through Customs and was asked if I was carry medications, said yes explained why, he asked if I had steriods said yes, explained what for and got waved through.

We had no problem with the language barrier in either China or Singapore (stopover), although saying that we also didn't have the strict liquid policy in place at the time.

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

<br />
<br />The only raised eyebrow we had was when I landed back home in Australia and went through Customs and was asked if I was carry medications, said yes explained why, he asked if I had steriods said yes, explained what for and got waved through.
<br />
<br />We had no problem with the language barrier in either China or Singapore (stopover), although saying that we also didn't have the strict liquid policy in place at the time.

Alyssa

Just wanted to emphasize to have the doctor's note specifically mention the applesauce, just in case.

My daughter has flown several times with icepacks and meds in a lunch box, letter from the doctor (nobody has ever asked for it) vest, compressor, and neb cups.

I worried about the Rx stuff without individual ables too, but the only thing she had that didn't have it was the pulmozyme and saline... nobody ever cared though.

Do, plan on extra time to get through security though, I'm sure they will want to go through everything. And yes, as everyone has already said.. the plastic baggies are a must.. also if not baby food, breast milk or formula, watch the 3 oz rule on everything else (or is it 4 oz... )

We also printed out and highlighted the TSA rules for medical equipment, but again, she has never had to show it to anyone.

Where in North Dakota are you headed? We just moved from the Seattle area to ND about a year ago.

Alyssa

Just wanted to emphasize to have the doctor's note specifically mention the applesauce, just in case.

My daughter has flown several times with icepacks and meds in a lunch box, letter from the doctor (nobody has ever asked for it) vest, compressor, and neb cups.

I worried about the Rx stuff without individual ables too, but the only thing she had that didn't have it was the pulmozyme and saline... nobody ever cared though.

Do, plan on extra time to get through security though, I'm sure they will want to go through everything. And yes, as everyone has already said.. the plastic baggies are a must.. also if not baby food, breast milk or formula, watch the 3 oz rule on everything else (or is it 4 oz... )

We also printed out and highlighted the TSA rules for medical equipment, but again, she has never had to show it to anyone.

Where in North Dakota are you headed? We just moved from the Seattle area to ND about a year ago.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />My daughter has flown several times with icepacks and meds in a lunch box, letter from the doctor (nobody has ever asked for it) vest, compressor, and neb cups.
<br />
<br />I worried about the Rx stuff without individual ables too, but the only thing she had that didn't have it was the pulmozyme and saline... nobody ever cared though.
<br />
<br />Do, plan on extra time to get through security though, I'm sure they will want to go through everything. And yes, as everyone has already said.. the plastic baggies are a must.. also if not baby food, breast milk or formula, watch the 3 oz rule on everything else (or is it 4 oz... )
<br />
<br />We also printed out and highlighted the TSA rules for medical equipment, but again, she has never had to show it to anyone.
<br />
<br />Where in North Dakota are you headed? We just moved from the Seattle area to ND about a year ago.

TestifyToLove

We've traveled both with Hemophilia meds and CF meds now. According to the FFA, the applesauce is allowed if you tell them its required for medication purposes.

We just brought M home and didn't have a doctor's note. We were luckky to get about HALF of his medical records (I'm going to spend the next 5.5 months until we finalize the adoption trying to push the case worker to get the rest of his records at this point). So, we took a chest cooler with the meds and applesauce in it. We got ziploc bags of ice after we went through security.

With the hemophilia meds, I was concerned about the needles. That time, I had a doctor's letter and security barely looked at it.

The only thing that tripped security was I put the neb in the bottom of my backpack. They made DH pull everything out of an overstuffed backpack so they could hand examine the nebulizer. Said all electronic equipment had to be declared and go through the X-ray machine seperate.

TestifyToLove

We've traveled both with Hemophilia meds and CF meds now. According to the FFA, the applesauce is allowed if you tell them its required for medication purposes.

We just brought M home and didn't have a doctor's note. We were luckky to get about HALF of his medical records (I'm going to spend the next 5.5 months until we finalize the adoption trying to push the case worker to get the rest of his records at this point). So, we took a chest cooler with the meds and applesauce in it. We got ziploc bags of ice after we went through security.

With the hemophilia meds, I was concerned about the needles. That time, I had a doctor's letter and security barely looked at it.

The only thing that tripped security was I put the neb in the bottom of my backpack. They made DH pull everything out of an overstuffed backpack so they could hand examine the nebulizer. Said all electronic equipment had to be declared and go through the X-ray machine seperate.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />We just brought M home and didn't have a doctor's note. We were luckky to get about HALF of his medical records (I'm going to spend the next 5.5 months until we finalize the adoption trying to push the case worker to get the rest of his records at this point). So, we took a chest cooler with the meds and applesauce in it. We got ziploc bags of ice after we went through security.
<br />
<br />With the hemophilia meds, I was concerned about the needles. That time, I had a doctor's letter and security barely looked at it.
<br />
<br />The only thing that tripped security was I put the neb in the bottom of my backpack. They made DH pull everything out of an overstuffed backpack so they could hand examine the nebulizer. Said all electronic equipment had to be declared and go through the X-ray machine seperate.

sue35

I have flown tons of times with my vest and all my meds, including liquid, and never have been stopped. They do look over the vest but that is it. I didn't even have perscriptions for anything. Also, I told them it was medical and they allowed me to have my vest as a carry-on and let me board early

sue35

I have flown tons of times with my vest and all my meds, including liquid, and never have been stopped. They do look over the vest but that is it. I didn't even have perscriptions for anything. Also, I told them it was medical and they allowed me to have my vest as a carry-on and let me board early

sue35