Am I bad person?

Kenziesmom

Especially when they are smaller and you are doing so much all the time it does get overwhelming and the worry makes you sick, but everyday we find new strength and our children are the srongest people I have ever seen. People just don't understand how it is to be in our position, how could they if they have never been here? Stay srong!

Kenziesmom

Especially when they are smaller and you are doing so much all the time it does get overwhelming and the worry makes you sick, but everyday we find new strength and our children are the srongest people I have ever seen. People just don't understand how it is to be in our position, how could they if they have never been here? Stay srong!

Kenziesmom

Kenziesmom

Kenziesmom

Transplantmommy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mommy2Alysa</b></i>

I am the mother to two beautiful CF children but sometimes I wish that they werent sick. I wish I didnt have to deal with enzymes, "pat-pats", medications and I wish I could go a day without stressing over a newly developed cold.

I belong to another parenting forum and I read posts about mothers asking questions about colds and stuff and saying things like "I cant believe Johnny has been sick for two days now with this runny nose" I feel like screaming "YOU ARE SO FREAKING LUCKY LADY!"

I love my girls and I wouldnt trade them for the world but sometimes it is just so hard... it could be me stressing over nothing but still..... anyone else feel this way or am I totally alone?</end quote></div>

I totally do not think that you are a bad Mom. Although it's not exactly the same, I sometimes wish that my son didn't have his vision problems....but then I look at how well he is doing, how handsome he is, and how smart he is, and those thoughts all fly out the window. I wish that I did not have to deal with putting his prosthetic eye back in and taking him for the occasional check-ups that involve him "going under" so that they can get a mold of the eye that is there and properly fit the prosthetic to it. It is really hard to see a child go through anything that is not "normal" for others.

I too would get mad when I was either at work, at a family function, or whatever and someone would be complaining about a runny nose that wouldn't go away. I just wanted to yell at them and say "try hacking up three cup fulls of mucus or blood everyday and then tell me how you feel." But, if this runny nose or cold is not normal for them, then it is likely that anyone would complain about it.

I would not trade all of my experiences in the world either. I honestly think that CF has made me a more compassionate and stronger person. I think that your daughters having CF (although I wouldn't wish it on anyone) is going to make you a stronger person. Hang in there!!

Transplantmommy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mommy2Alysa</b></i>

I am the mother to two beautiful CF children but sometimes I wish that they werent sick. I wish I didnt have to deal with enzymes, "pat-pats", medications and I wish I could go a day without stressing over a newly developed cold.

I belong to another parenting forum and I read posts about mothers asking questions about colds and stuff and saying things like "I cant believe Johnny has been sick for two days now with this runny nose" I feel like screaming "YOU ARE SO FREAKING LUCKY LADY!"

I love my girls and I wouldnt trade them for the world but sometimes it is just so hard... it could be me stressing over nothing but still..... anyone else feel this way or am I totally alone?</end quote></div>

I totally do not think that you are a bad Mom. Although it's not exactly the same, I sometimes wish that my son didn't have his vision problems....but then I look at how well he is doing, how handsome he is, and how smart he is, and those thoughts all fly out the window. I wish that I did not have to deal with putting his prosthetic eye back in and taking him for the occasional check-ups that involve him "going under" so that they can get a mold of the eye that is there and properly fit the prosthetic to it. It is really hard to see a child go through anything that is not "normal" for others.

I too would get mad when I was either at work, at a family function, or whatever and someone would be complaining about a runny nose that wouldn't go away. I just wanted to yell at them and say "try hacking up three cup fulls of mucus or blood everyday and then tell me how you feel." But, if this runny nose or cold is not normal for them, then it is likely that anyone would complain about it.

I would not trade all of my experiences in the world either. I honestly think that CF has made me a more compassionate and stronger person. I think that your daughters having CF (although I wouldn't wish it on anyone) is going to make you a stronger person. Hang in there!!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

I love my girls and I wouldnt trade them for the world but sometimes it is just so hard... it could be me stressing over nothing but still..... anyone else feel this way or am I totally alone?</end quote>

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I am the mother to two beautiful CF children but sometimes I wish that they werent sick. I wish I didnt have to deal with enzymes, "pat-pats", medications and I wish I could go a day without stressing over a newly developed cold.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I belong to another parenting forum and I read posts about mothers asking questions about colds and stuff and saying things like "I cant believe Johnny has been sick for two days now with this runny nose" I feel like screaming "YOU ARE SO FREAKING LUCKY LADY!"
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I love my girls and I wouldnt trade them for the world but sometimes it is just so hard... it could be me stressing over nothing but still..... anyone else feel this way or am I totally alone?</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />I totally do not think that you are a bad Mom. Although it's not exactly the same, I sometimes wish that my son didn't have his vision problems....but then I look at how well he is doing, how handsome he is, and how smart he is, and those thoughts all fly out the window. I wish that I did not have to deal with putting his prosthetic eye back in and taking him for the occasional check-ups that involve him "going under" so that they can get a mold of the eye that is there and properly fit the prosthetic to it. It is really hard to see a child go through anything that is not "normal" for others.
<br />
<br />I too would get mad when I was either at work, at a family function, or whatever and someone would be complaining about a runny nose that wouldn't go away. I just wanted to yell at them and say "try hacking up three cup fulls of mucus or blood everyday and then tell me how you feel." But, if this runny nose or cold is not normal for them, then it is likely that anyone would complain about it.
<br />
<br />I would not trade all of my experiences in the world either. I honestly think that CF has made me a more compassionate and stronger person. I think that your daughters having CF (although I wouldn't wish it on anyone) is going to make you a stronger person. Hang in there!!
<br />

letefk

Clearly, all these posts suggest this feeling is so very 'normal' to life with CF! I think the hardest thing about being a CF caretaker is that it is lonely. Outside of forums like this, there are not many around us that really understand what we do each day, and what we carry around with us, in terms of the emotional weight and the toll that takes on us and on our families.

A few months ago, I had to leave my two daughters with my parents for a week. I had no choice. I had a major work commitment, and short of a hospitalization, I had to go. My youngest was on Tobi at the time, and both were up at four treatments a day. I felt horrible about leaving them at a time like that, and even more horrible for the fact that I was so glad to get away from that routine for a week. Although my parents had watched them before, I only left them when they were healthy. Leaving was so hard, and my feelings about leaving were so confusing and conflicted.

At the end of the week, my parents sat me down and told me how much they admire everything that I do for the girls, and they said that they never really understood how hard it was until they took on 'sick care' for a week. It was a long talk, and one that meant a great deal to me, because it felt like the first time someone other than my spouse really SAW what it meant to me to live -- not just with the disease, but with the daily care. Living with CF takes a toll on all of us, and it is one that is hard to understand until you have lived it.

letefk

Clearly, all these posts suggest this feeling is so very 'normal' to life with CF! I think the hardest thing about being a CF caretaker is that it is lonely. Outside of forums like this, there are not many around us that really understand what we do each day, and what we carry around with us, in terms of the emotional weight and the toll that takes on us and on our families.

A few months ago, I had to leave my two daughters with my parents for a week. I had no choice. I had a major work commitment, and short of a hospitalization, I had to go. My youngest was on Tobi at the time, and both were up at four treatments a day. I felt horrible about leaving them at a time like that, and even more horrible for the fact that I was so glad to get away from that routine for a week. Although my parents had watched them before, I only left them when they were healthy. Leaving was so hard, and my feelings about leaving were so confusing and conflicted.

At the end of the week, my parents sat me down and told me how much they admire everything that I do for the girls, and they said that they never really understood how hard it was until they took on 'sick care' for a week. It was a long talk, and one that meant a great deal to me, because it felt like the first time someone other than my spouse really SAW what it meant to me to live -- not just with the disease, but with the daily care. Living with CF takes a toll on all of us, and it is one that is hard to understand until you have lived it.

letefk

letefk

letefk

fourkidsmom

I can totally relate to you, it stinks....... But like you said I wouldn't trade my kids for the world. I always look at it like we were given this challenge for a reason and I am going to deal with it the best possible. It does tick me off when I hear other moms complain about little things with their kids. I always think give me a break- walk in my shoes for one day.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

I can totally relate to you, it stinks....... But like you said I wouldn't trade my kids for the world. I always look at it like we were given this challenge for a reason and I am going to deal with it the best possible. It does tick me off when I hear other moms complain about little things with their kids. I always think give me a break- walk in my shoes for one day.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

<br />
<br />Fourkidsmom