Ambien is dangerous!

I

IG

Oddly enough I had no problems with it. No suicidal thoughts or odd bouts of violence.. no lethargy after waking up, etc. It worked like it was supposed to and I was able to sleep soundly when I needed to and didn't feel like it affected my health at all.

I

IG

Oddly enough I had no problems with it. No suicidal thoughts or odd bouts of violence.. no lethargy after waking up, etc. It worked like it was supposed to and I was able to sleep soundly when I needed to and didn't feel like it affected my health at all.

I

IG

I

IG

I

IG

Solo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thefrogprincess</b></i>

I HATED Ambien. I had the lethargy too, it was horrible. I wasn't suicidal, but I was feeling very out of touch with reality, just floating along. But I don't know how much of that was my severe insomnia. I hated the stoned feeling it gave me. I still had horrible fatigue even though I WAS sleeping. I was also told that it can cause nightmares.</end quote></div>

Now that I think about I don't know how certain I am that I was sleeping. I mean I was always groggy and tired when I awoke. Ambien is a HYPNOTIC. Now that I have a clear mind to think about it, I was probably just in a transe.

Solo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thefrogprincess</b></i>

I HATED Ambien. I had the lethargy too, it was horrible. I wasn't suicidal, but I was feeling very out of touch with reality, just floating along. But I don't know how much of that was my severe insomnia. I hated the stoned feeling it gave me. I still had horrible fatigue even though I WAS sleeping. I was also told that it can cause nightmares.</end quote></div>

Now that I think about I don't know how certain I am that I was sleeping. I mean I was always groggy and tired when I awoke. Ambien is a HYPNOTIC. Now that I have a clear mind to think about it, I was probably just in a transe.

Solo

Solo

I HATED Ambien. I had the lethargy too, it was horrible. I wasn't suicidal, but I was feeling very out of touch with reality, just floating along. But I don't know how much of that was my severe insomnia. I hated the stoned feeling it gave me. I still had horrible fatigue even though I WAS sleeping. I was also told that it can cause nightmares.</end quote>

Solo

<br />
<br />I HATED Ambien. I had the lethargy too, it was horrible. I wasn't suicidal, but I was feeling very out of touch with reality, just floating along. But I don't know how much of that was my severe insomnia. I hated the stoned feeling it gave me. I still had horrible fatigue even though I WAS sleeping. I was also told that it can cause nightmares.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Now that I think about I don't know how certain I am that I was sleeping. I mean I was always groggy and tired when I awoke. Ambien is a HYPNOTIC. Now that I have a clear mind to think about it, I was probably just in a transe.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

jamie6girl

I have a coworker who took the generic form for a long time, and then took the real thing.. She said that the curtains were "moving" on the wall among other things. She never took it again, she didn't like being in that state.

jamie6girl

I have a coworker who took the generic form for a long time, and then took the real thing.. She said that the curtains were "moving" on the wall among other things. She never took it again, she didn't like being in that state.

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

mom2lillian

I want to say its great to warn people of this, I am in no way talking to anyone specific here. Lately I am a bit irked at poeple trying to get meds pulled from teh market though.

It was a godsend for me during the short time I took it. I think there are a large number of medicines that are very useful when taken for the appropriate thing by the appropriate people. Here is my take on the situation.

With every medicine there is the chance it will be a horrible medicine for you. That is why it will be so cool some day in the future (far) that we can do a toxicologial & pharmacokinetic panel on your individual reaction to the medicine.

I am sorry but the drugs that are being pulled recently tick me off, if a drug for arthritic patients has a 1% chance of giving me a heart attack and I am 75 years old and in pain, sorry I will take my chances.

I understand being cautious or even afriad of a medicine. I took paxil, it gave me a horrid horrid case of forgetfullness/absentminded CRS brain. It was really bad but I decided it wasnt right <u>for me </u>I know it does wonders for others. Now I would hve liked it to be labeled better as I now see that others have had these effects too and problems weaning from it based on a number of internet searches. But I dont want it ot be pulled as a number of groups out there are vying for.

I do agree there is a point where the medicine should be pulled or re-labeled or studied to see what % peopel are having these side effects but the most recent blurb I heard on ambien was they think as high as 2% *might* have suicidal thoughts while on it. Sorry in my book that needs more stringent warnings and perhaps followed closely for 2 weeks while trying it out not pulled from market.

Example: I take xolair and only after giving it to a large # peopel have they found there is a 1% chance of anaphylactic shock with each administration, not just the first time. Each time somethign big has happened they learn more. They dont know why or who or when but shock has happened up to 24 horus later. So, they went from poeple self injecting at home to doing it in dr office, then dr has to be present, then you have to wait an extended period of time, now you have to carry an epi pen. I woudl rather go through all that then have media hyping up the reactions and getting it pulled from the market, its great stuff for me and worth the risk.

In my mind we need to be mroe educated, and take meds more seriously and be aware of their side effects. We need to consider the whole spectrum of whats out there and experiment utnil we see what is best for us. I am the first to admit to previously rarely thinking twice about popping a new pill in my mouth and only occasionally read the product insert.

mom2lillian

I want to say its great to warn people of this, I am in no way talking to anyone specific here. Lately I am a bit irked at poeple trying to get meds pulled from teh market though.

It was a godsend for me during the short time I took it. I think there are a large number of medicines that are very useful when taken for the appropriate thing by the appropriate people. Here is my take on the situation.

With every medicine there is the chance it will be a horrible medicine for you. That is why it will be so cool some day in the future (far) that we can do a toxicologial & pharmacokinetic panel on your individual reaction to the medicine.

I am sorry but the drugs that are being pulled recently tick me off, if a drug for arthritic patients has a 1% chance of giving me a heart attack and I am 75 years old and in pain, sorry I will take my chances.

I understand being cautious or even afriad of a medicine. I took paxil, it gave me a horrid horrid case of forgetfullness/absentminded CRS brain. It was really bad but I decided it wasnt right <u>for me </u>I know it does wonders for others. Now I would hve liked it to be labeled better as I now see that others have had these effects too and problems weaning from it based on a number of internet searches. But I dont want it ot be pulled as a number of groups out there are vying for.

I do agree there is a point where the medicine should be pulled or re-labeled or studied to see what % peopel are having these side effects but the most recent blurb I heard on ambien was they think as high as 2% *might* have suicidal thoughts while on it. Sorry in my book that needs more stringent warnings and perhaps followed closely for 2 weeks while trying it out not pulled from market.

Example: I take xolair and only after giving it to a large # peopel have they found there is a 1% chance of anaphylactic shock with each administration, not just the first time. Each time somethign big has happened they learn more. They dont know why or who or when but shock has happened up to 24 horus later. So, they went from poeple self injecting at home to doing it in dr office, then dr has to be present, then you have to wait an extended period of time, now you have to carry an epi pen. I woudl rather go through all that then have media hyping up the reactions and getting it pulled from the market, its great stuff for me and worth the risk.

In my mind we need to be mroe educated, and take meds more seriously and be aware of their side effects. We need to consider the whole spectrum of whats out there and experiment utnil we see what is best for us. I am the first to admit to previously rarely thinking twice about popping a new pill in my mouth and only occasionally read the product insert.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />It was a godsend for me during the short time I took it. I think there are a large number of medicines that are very useful when taken for the appropriate thing by the appropriate people. Here is my take on the situation.
<br />
<br />With every medicine there is the chance it will be a horrible medicine for you. That is why it will be so cool some day in the future (far) that we can do a toxicologial & pharmacokinetic panel on your individual reaction to the medicine.
<br />
<br />I am sorry but the drugs that are being pulled recently tick me off, if a drug for arthritic patients has a 1% chance of giving me a heart attack and I am 75 years old and in pain, sorry I will take my chances.
<br />
<br />I understand being cautious or even afriad of a medicine. I took paxil, it gave me a horrid horrid case of forgetfullness/absentminded CRS brain. It was really bad but I decided it wasnt right <u>for me </u>I know it does wonders for others. Now I would hve liked it to be labeled better as I now see that others have had these effects too and problems weaning from it based on a number of internet searches. But I dont want it ot be pulled as a number of groups out there are vying for.
<br />
<br />I do agree there is a point where the medicine should be pulled or re-labeled or studied to see what % peopel are having these side effects but the most recent blurb I heard on ambien was they think as high as 2% *might* have suicidal thoughts while on it. Sorry in my book that needs more stringent warnings and perhaps followed closely for 2 weeks while trying it out not pulled from market.
<br />
<br />Example: I take xolair and only after giving it to a large # peopel have they found there is a 1% chance of anaphylactic shock with each administration, not just the first time. Each time somethign big has happened they learn more. They dont know why or who or when but shock has happened up to 24 horus later. So, they went from poeple self injecting at home to doing it in dr office, then dr has to be present, then you have to wait an extended period of time, now you have to carry an epi pen. I woudl rather go through all that then have media hyping up the reactions and getting it pulled from the market, its great stuff for me and worth the risk.
<br />
<br />In my mind we need to be mroe educated, and take meds more seriously and be aware of their side effects. We need to consider the whole spectrum of whats out there and experiment utnil we see what is best for us. I am the first to admit to previously rarely thinking twice about popping a new pill in my mouth and only occasionally read the product insert.
<br />
<br />