Ambien is dangerous!

This is one of those issues I definitely see both sides of. I am SO glad that you realized what was causing you to feel this way, and I agree with you about being sure to tell people the side effects that can go along with this medication.

That being said, I have a terrible time sleeping, and I've actually been much healthier in general in the years that I've been on occasional Ambien. Instead of going months with poor sleep, it will be a day or two and I can take the Ambien with no problems breathing, no hangover, nothing. My only issue with it is I will not be able to recall conversations I've had after having taken it. I just make sure I take it late at night and only if I have enough time to sleep it off.

PS: Debeedoo...I am so morbidly curious about "The Corncob Event."

This is one of those issues I definitely see both sides of. I am SO glad that you realized what was causing you to feel this way, and I agree with you about being sure to tell people the side effects that can go along with this medication.

That being said, I have a terrible time sleeping, and I've actually been much healthier in general in the years that I've been on occasional Ambien. Instead of going months with poor sleep, it will be a day or two and I can take the Ambien with no problems breathing, no hangover, nothing. My only issue with it is I will not be able to recall conversations I've had after having taken it. I just make sure I take it late at night and only if I have enough time to sleep it off.

<br />
<br />That being said, I have a terrible time sleeping, and I've actually been much healthier in general in the years that I've been on occasional Ambien. Instead of going months with poor sleep, it will be a day or two and I can take the Ambien with no problems breathing, no hangover, nothing. My only issue with it is I will not be able to recall conversations I've had after having taken it. I just make sure I take it late at night and only if I have enough time to sleep it off.
<br />
<br />
<br />PS: Debeedoo...I am so morbidly curious about "The Corncob Event."

Faust

It shouldn't shock anyone. Ambien seems to act somewhat like a sedative that lasts over time. Hence the "Get to sleep, and stay asleep" ad jargon they use. My solution? Go to CVS or walgreens or any other drug store and buy a 5 dollar box of those soft high sound blocking rated foam ear plugs and use them. My girl snores way bad, so I use those and I can't hear anything besides (oddly) my alarm clock. Going to perscription drugs right away doesn't seem right?

Faust

It shouldn't shock anyone. Ambien seems to act somewhat like a sedative that lasts over time. Hence the "Get to sleep, and stay asleep" ad jargon they use. My solution? Go to CVS or walgreens or any other drug store and buy a 5 dollar box of those soft high sound blocking rated foam ear plugs and use them. My girl snores way bad, so I use those and I can't hear anything besides (oddly) my alarm clock. Going to perscription drugs right away doesn't seem right?

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />

Faust - I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the Ambien was a last effort. After many otc meds, counseling, ear plugs, music, white noise, etc.

Faust - I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the Ambien was a last effort. After many otc meds, counseling, ear plugs, music, white noise, etc.

coltsfan715

I took ambien for a while pre transplant because I was staying up constantly - wearing myself down - and getting sick in turn.

For me it just knocked me out. I normally had to sleep about 1- hours after taking it to wake up feeling rested. I too had the grogginess at first but nothing crazy. I just know that I talked in my sleep alot when I took it. There were also a few nights that I got up and moved things around my room in my sleep but nothing too crazy - cause I do talk in my sleep on occasion withOUT the med and I have been known to sleep walk in the past.

For me I still have the script but don't use it. I have it in the event that I go for days on end without being able to sleep. Some of my post transplant meds can get me in that funk.

I was also going to add I think alot is dependant upon the dose of the medication you take. Some people are more susceptible to the dosage amounts. Even if by all understood sciences you should be able to tolerate 25mg of something you may only be able to tolerate 10 in reality.

For me I tried the second to lowest dose of ambien and I may as well have been in a coma. I was dropped to the lowest dose and wasn't comatose but still had a bit of an ambien hangover. Now when I use it I have to break the smallest prescribable dose in half and that works well for me not making me a walking zombie and all.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I took ambien for a while pre transplant because I was staying up constantly - wearing myself down - and getting sick in turn.

For me it just knocked me out. I normally had to sleep about 1- hours after taking it to wake up feeling rested. I too had the grogginess at first but nothing crazy. I just know that I talked in my sleep alot when I took it. There were also a few nights that I got up and moved things around my room in my sleep but nothing too crazy - cause I do talk in my sleep on occasion withOUT the med and I have been known to sleep walk in the past.

For me I still have the script but don't use it. I have it in the event that I go for days on end without being able to sleep. Some of my post transplant meds can get me in that funk.

I was also going to add I think alot is dependant upon the dose of the medication you take. Some people are more susceptible to the dosage amounts. Even if by all understood sciences you should be able to tolerate 25mg of something you may only be able to tolerate 10 in reality.

For me I tried the second to lowest dose of ambien and I may as well have been in a coma. I was dropped to the lowest dose and wasn't comatose but still had a bit of an ambien hangover. Now when I use it I have to break the smallest prescribable dose in half and that works well for me not making me a walking zombie and all.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />For me it just knocked me out. I normally had to sleep about 1- hours after taking it to wake up feeling rested. I too had the grogginess at first but nothing crazy. I just know that I talked in my sleep alot when I took it. There were also a few nights that I got up and moved things around my room in my sleep but nothing too crazy - cause I do talk in my sleep on occasion withOUT the med and I have been known to sleep walk in the past.
<br />
<br />For me I still have the script but don't use it. I have it in the event that I go for days on end without being able to sleep. Some of my post transplant meds can get me in that funk.
<br />
<br />I was also going to add I think alot is dependant upon the dose of the medication you take. Some people are more susceptible to the dosage amounts. Even if by all understood sciences you should be able to tolerate 25mg of something you may only be able to tolerate 10 in reality.
<br />
<br />For me I tried the second to lowest dose of ambien and I may as well have been in a coma. I was dropped to the lowest dose and wasn't comatose but still had a bit of an ambien hangover. Now when I use it I have to break the smallest prescribable dose in half and that works well for me not making me a walking zombie and all.
<br />
<br />
<br />Take Care,
<br />Lindsey