Amnio test said my baby is positive for CF

SuperRyan

Hang in there. I know that this is a tough time for you. This site offers much support and guidance. My little boy is 3 1/2 and he is the light of my life. He is my reason for living everyday.

Echoing what others have said, he goes through alot on a daily basis with meds and treatments but he does not suffer nor is he in constant pain. It takes a lot of time and dedication on the part of a parent to learn how to take care of their children with CF but it does not take long before you fall into a routine and then CF just becomes part of your life.

Everyone has to make decisions in life that they feel are best for them. Just make sure that you have all of the right info before making a decision. Please feel free to PM me as well if you would like to talk in private.

SuperRyan

Hang in there. I know that this is a tough time for you. This site offers much support and guidance. My little boy is 3 1/2 and he is the light of my life. He is my reason for living everyday.

Echoing what others have said, he goes through alot on a daily basis with meds and treatments but he does not suffer nor is he in constant pain. It takes a lot of time and dedication on the part of a parent to learn how to take care of their children with CF but it does not take long before you fall into a routine and then CF just becomes part of your life.

Everyone has to make decisions in life that they feel are best for them. Just make sure that you have all of the right info before making a decision. Please feel free to PM me as well if you would like to talk in private.

SuperRyan

SuperRyan

SuperRyan

sue35

I also have DF508 and I am almost 26. I work full time and have been doing fine. Keep in mind that 26 years ago the treatments weren't nearly as good as they are now so there is even more hope that your child will be healthier longer. I haven't talked to anyone who wishes they weren't born or resents their parents. But if you don't think you can handle it, that is fine and no one should hold that against you. Good luck

sue35

I also have DF508 and I am almost 26. I work full time and have been doing fine. Keep in mind that 26 years ago the treatments weren't nearly as good as they are now so there is even more hope that your child will be healthier longer. I haven't talked to anyone who wishes they weren't born or resents their parents. But if you don't think you can handle it, that is fine and no one should hold that against you. Good luck

sue35

sue35

sue35

sue35

The only other thing I would say is please don't make a decision off of what your doctor is saying. He is wrong and should not be talking about things he doesn't know about. Make the decision off of what you feel.

sue35

The only other thing I would say is please don't make a decision off of what your doctor is saying. He is wrong and should not be talking about things he doesn't know about. Make the decision off of what you feel.

sue35

sue35

sue35

dancer78

I want to echo again what Sue35 said.....your doctor is wrong, and wrong to talk about things he knows nothing about. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon in the medical field. You must take the responsibility to question, (which you are doing by being on this site) and do your own search.

Don't be driven by your fear or your doctors blanket statements. Again, you cannot see the future and neither can they. Have some faith! Every person who comes into this world has a purpose whether they know it or not.

Diane, 47w/cf....still original lungs.

dancer78

I want to echo again what Sue35 said.....your doctor is wrong, and wrong to talk about things he knows nothing about. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon in the medical field. You must take the responsibility to question, (which you are doing by being on this site) and do your own search.

Don't be driven by your fear or your doctors blanket statements. Again, you cannot see the future and neither can they. Have some faith! Every person who comes into this world has a purpose whether they know it or not.

dancer78

dancer78

dancer78