Amnio test said my baby is positive for CF

lmattaway

Peanut,
I am also another Double DF508 and I'm nearly 26 (on Saturday) and doing great. I'm married, working full time and just a few years ago I ran the Chicago Marathon. Yes, there are days when CF is hard but for the most part it's made me a stronger person who values life and cherishes every day. Despite how hard it may get, I would have never wanted my parents to abort me. I would have missed out on all the wonderful things God had in store for me! I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

lmattaway

Peanut,
I am also another Double DF508 and I'm nearly 26 (on Saturday) and doing great. I'm married, working full time and just a few years ago I ran the Chicago Marathon. Yes, there are days when CF is hard but for the most part it's made me a stronger person who values life and cherishes every day. Despite how hard it may get, I would have never wanted my parents to abort me. I would have missed out on all the wonderful things God had in store for me! I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

lmattaway

Peanut,

lmattaway

Peanut,

lmattaway

Peanut,

nicole781

Peanut,

The only time my daughter has spent in the hospital was to be born. She is an adorable, wonderful, incredible, NORMAL little girl. She loves her toes, Jacks big music show, her toys and her dog.

She has differences from other babies, but i'll tell you what.... it's not that bad. She take two pills with every bottle, which are broken up on a spoonful of applesauce, and let me tell you, she LOVES applesauce. She takes vitamins, and Zantac for acid reflux, which isn't much different than a so-called normal baby.

At the end of the day, she takes 2 medications that she uses a nebulizer to breathe in. Sometimes she's mad about it, sometimes she just falls asleep during it. After that, we beat on her chest, (it's called chest PT) to break up any mucus that may be in there. That's it. Really for us at this point, one treatment that take no more than an hour, and that she sleeps through half of.

I can honestly count on my hands how many time i've heard her have any kind of cough that's not clearing her throat. If you were to meet us, I swear that you wouldn't have any idea that she was anything but the picture of health.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-choice, and I think that if this is what you want to do, you should. But, to me, it doesn't sound like you're 100% on this decision, so you need to talk to someone at a CF clinic. Your doctor is wrong, and scaring you. Life is much different than what he told you.

If you have any other questions, please ask. By the way, what state do you live in? People on this site can recommend doctors and clinics if we know where you're from.

Good luck!

nicole781

Peanut,

The only time my daughter has spent in the hospital was to be born. She is an adorable, wonderful, incredible, NORMAL little girl. She loves her toes, Jacks big music show, her toys and her dog.

She has differences from other babies, but i'll tell you what.... it's not that bad. She take two pills with every bottle, which are broken up on a spoonful of applesauce, and let me tell you, she LOVES applesauce. She takes vitamins, and Zantac for acid reflux, which isn't much different than a so-called normal baby.

At the end of the day, she takes 2 medications that she uses a nebulizer to breathe in. Sometimes she's mad about it, sometimes she just falls asleep during it. After that, we beat on her chest, (it's called chest PT) to break up any mucus that may be in there. That's it. Really for us at this point, one treatment that take no more than an hour, and that she sleeps through half of.

I can honestly count on my hands how many time i've heard her have any kind of cough that's not clearing her throat. If you were to meet us, I swear that you wouldn't have any idea that she was anything but the picture of health.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-choice, and I think that if this is what you want to do, you should. But, to me, it doesn't sound like you're 100% on this decision, so you need to talk to someone at a CF clinic. Your doctor is wrong, and scaring you. Life is much different than what he told you.

If you have any other questions, please ask. By the way, what state do you live in? People on this site can recommend doctors and clinics if we know where you're from.

Good luck!

nicole781

Peanut,

Good luck!

nicole781

Peanut,

Good luck!

nicole781

Peanut,

Good luck!

Hughett

Personally it sounds like you already had your mind made up on the first post. There has been tons of information put out here by all these people to let you know that its not that bad and I had been hoping that you would have listened to them. I think at this time you need to remember just a few things.
<UL>1. It's not that bad. Median age is up to 37 now and going up.</UL>
<UL>2. The remembrance can be scary but you have to remember that lots of those wonderful people lived before some of the great medications that have come out. Also there are thousands of cases in the United States alone. People from around the world post on this site. The wall is a drop in the bucket of how many healthy people out there are living with CF and doing good.</UL>
<UL>3. Listen to the people who have the double delta. They have posted for you. They are saying what everyone else in here is saying. It's not bad.</UL>
<UL>4. You can reschedule your appointment. Before you decide to kill your baby. PLEASE talk to a CF doctor. I can't see any reason why you would not take every chance to talk to a doctor who knows CF before even the thought of getting rid of the baby comes to your mind. They will tell you what we have been trying to tell you. It will be alright. Heaven knows planned parenthood will be knocking down your door to get your baby any time you want to get rid of it. And if thats what you choose, so be it. Just be informed before you make a life altering decision.</UL>
<UL>5. Adoption. Believe it or not there are lots of family's out there that want a baby more than anything. If you can't handle the responsibility of having a baby that needs a little more attention than a normal baby than there are SOOOOOOO many people out there that will gladly take care of your baby. You can make some family's life better for years to come. Generations to come even.</UL>

<UL>Our little guy is not a "CF child" but a child who has CF. CF doesn't define him. It's just a part of his life.</UL>

<UL>EDIT: Took out a part that miesl took offense to. Can't please everyone I guess.</UL>

Hughett

Personally it sounds like you already had your mind made up on the first post. There has been tons of information put out here by all these people to let you know that its not that bad and I had been hoping that you would have listened to them. I think at this time you need to remember just a few things.
<UL>2. The remembrance can be scary but you have to remember that lots of those wonderful people lived before some of the great medications that have come out. Also there are thousands of cases in the United States alone. People from around the world post on this site. The wall is a drop in the bucket of how many healthy people out there are living with CF and doing good.</UL>
<UL>3. Listen to the people who have the double delta. They have posted for you. They are saying what everyone else in here is saying. It's not bad.</UL>
<UL>4. You can reschedule your appointment. Before you decide to kill your baby. PLEASE talk to a CF doctor. I can't see any reason why you would not take every chance to talk to a doctor who knows CF before even the thought of getting rid of the baby comes to your mind. They will tell you what we have been trying to tell you. It will be alright. Heaven knows planned parenthood will be knocking down your door to get your baby any time you want to get rid of it. And if thats what you choose, so be it. Just be informed before you make a life altering decision.</UL>
<UL>5. Adoption. Believe it or not there are lots of family's out there that want a baby more than anything. If you can't handle the responsibility of having a baby that needs a little more attention than a normal baby than there are SOOOOOOO many people out there that will gladly take care of your baby. You can make some family's life better for years to come. Generations to come even.</UL>

<UL>Our little guy is not a "CF child" but a child who has CF. CF doesn't define him. It's just a part of his life.</UL>

<UL>EDIT: Took out a part that miesl took offense to. Can't please everyone I guess.</UL>

Hughett

Hughett

Hughett