Amnio test said my baby is positive for CF

nicole781

Peanut,
please don't think that I'm trying to talk you out of a decision that you've made, but I would like to help clear up some misinformation that your dr. seems to be giving you.

Delta F508 is the most COMMON mutation, but not the worst. CF mutations go from a class 1 to a class 5 i believe, and DF508 is a class 2. My daughter has the same mutations.

Don't think that with these mutations that you will be saying goodbye to your baby within weeks, months or years. My daughter is 7 months old, and a normal baby who takes some extra medication every day.

There are people on this board with DF508 that are in their late 30's early 40's, so don't let the doctor scare you into something that you don't want 100%.

Good luck with whatever decision you make, and feel free to PM me if you need to.

nicole781

Peanut,
please don't think that I'm trying to talk you out of a decision that you've made, but I would like to help clear up some misinformation that your dr. seems to be giving you.

Delta F508 is the most COMMON mutation, but not the worst. CF mutations go from a class 1 to a class 5 i believe, and DF508 is a class 2. My daughter has the same mutations.

Don't think that with these mutations that you will be saying goodbye to your baby within weeks, months or years. My daughter is 7 months old, and a normal baby who takes some extra medication every day.

There are people on this board with DF508 that are in their late 30's early 40's, so don't let the doctor scare you into something that you don't want 100%.

Good luck with whatever decision you make, and feel free to PM me if you need to.

nicole781

Peanut,

nicole781

Peanut,

nicole781

Peanut,

hbollotte

just to let you know i am double delta f508. i've lived a wonderful life so far and plan on being here for a while longer. i had a baby girl in october and if she had cf i wouldn't have given her up.

are you going to get every pregnancy tested for abnormalities? i wouldn't say that you don't deserve to live. people just have different views. i'm sure your decision will be right.

they've just come so far with cf and your peanut could live a normal healthy life even though he/she may have cf. your child cf free may be taken from you at any moment. you have to live life one day at a time.

good luck with everything.

hbollotte

just to let you know i am double delta f508. i've lived a wonderful life so far and plan on being here for a while longer. i had a baby girl in october and if she had cf i wouldn't have given her up.

are you going to get every pregnancy tested for abnormalities? i wouldn't say that you don't deserve to live. people just have different views. i'm sure your decision will be right.

they've just come so far with cf and your peanut could live a normal healthy life even though he/she may have cf. your child cf free may be taken from you at any moment. you have to live life one day at a time.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

S

semperfiohana

i have the mutation delta f508 and another mutation along with the delta mutation. look at my signature and you can see both mutations. i am 21 years old and will be 22 in april and i am currently pregnant with my own little miracle. i'm not trying to talk you out of anything because whatever you decide will be right for you and your family. i'm not to sure how much your doctor seems to know about cf, as others have said the delta mutation is not the end of the world. just don't think you are a bad person for whatever you decide. best of luck to you!

S

semperfiohana

i have the mutation delta f508 and another mutation along with the delta mutation. look at my signature and you can see both mutations. i am 21 years old and will be 22 in april and i am currently pregnant with my own little miracle. i'm not trying to talk you out of anything because whatever you decide will be right for you and your family. i'm not to sure how much your doctor seems to know about cf, as others have said the delta mutation is not the end of the world. just don't think you are a bad person for whatever you decide. best of luck to you!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

AnD

Just to add to what everyone has said, I am also a Double Delta 508, and didn't have any lung issues until I was 16 years old, then, until about 6 years ago, I was not in the hospital for 8 years. Since then, I have been in the hospital infrequently, and less than once a year since I had my daughter, and am stable, and improving with new medicines.

Your doctor is not correct about the information he gave you, and I hope that you continue to come here and do more research before you make a decision based on a non cf doctor's information.

AnD

Just to add to what everyone has said, I am also a Double Delta 508, and didn't have any lung issues until I was 16 years old, then, until about 6 years ago, I was not in the hospital for 8 years. Since then, I have been in the hospital infrequently, and less than once a year since I had my daughter, and am stable, and improving with new medicines.

Your doctor is not correct about the information he gave you, and I hope that you continue to come here and do more research before you make a decision based on a non cf doctor's information.

AnD

AnD

AnD