Another damaging misdiagnosis...

shea14

Awww your poor baby. I guess that's why they are "practicing" medicine. I can't atand know it all Dr's who don't listen to anyone!!!!

shea14

Awww your poor baby. I guess that's why they are "practicing" medicine. I can't atand know it all Dr's who don't listen to anyone!!!!

shea14

shea14

shea14

TwistedTanya

I posted on the forum earlier this year about a very similar situation that happened to me. My pediatrition had said that it was probably just a stomach bug. It continued and the sent me to the hospital for test and found nothing. The pain went away after a few days then came back about a MONTH later! This time we went to my CF center/ Children's Hospital an hour and half away and they did more tests. Still nothing so they performed exploritory surgery. They thought maybe there was a cyst on my ovaries or maybe a tumor somewhere, or possibly my appendex but knew nothing for sure until they opened me up. It was in fact my appendix had ruptured. The mucous had formed a kind of seal that kept the poison from spreading too far! This was back in 1993 and they said they had only heard of a couple of other CF cases like this. Pretty crazy stuff! I think non-CF doctors just aren't aware of these incidents so they overlook it. That's why when it comes to just about everything, I talk to my CF doctor b/c things are so different for us and they understand our disease way better than your general doctor. I still remember the pain I was in to this day b/c it was AWFUL! Sorry you had to go through the same situation but glad things were taken care of before it was too late! Take care!

TwistedTanya

I posted on the forum earlier this year about a very similar situation that happened to me. My pediatrition had said that it was probably just a stomach bug. It continued and the sent me to the hospital for test and found nothing. The pain went away after a few days then came back about a MONTH later! This time we went to my CF center/ Children's Hospital an hour and half away and they did more tests. Still nothing so they performed exploritory surgery. They thought maybe there was a cyst on my ovaries or maybe a tumor somewhere, or possibly my appendex but knew nothing for sure until they opened me up. It was in fact my appendix had ruptured. The mucous had formed a kind of seal that kept the poison from spreading too far! This was back in 1993 and they said they had only heard of a couple of other CF cases like this. Pretty crazy stuff! I think non-CF doctors just aren't aware of these incidents so they overlook it. That's why when it comes to just about everything, I talk to my CF doctor b/c things are so different for us and they understand our disease way better than your general doctor. I still remember the pain I was in to this day b/c it was AWFUL! Sorry you had to go through the same situation but glad things were taken care of before it was too late! Take care!

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

C

Cherylwithone

What part of blood count did't that doctor get????? Iam sorry she had to deal with all this pain. Somethings just don't show up on test, does'nt mean there isn't something wrong. ***holes.

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

What part of blood count did't that doctor get????? Iam sorry she had to deal with all this pain. Somethings just don't show up on test, does'nt mean there isn't something wrong. ***holes.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

ReneeP

Things seem much worse this morning. She is in more pain than she ever thought was possible. They forced her to get up and walk to the bathroom this morning...she DID NOT want to. They had let her use a bed pan all day yesterday.

When she stood this morning she let out a blood curling scream that just broke my heart. But we can already hear her lungs starting to get congested from the anesthesia and from laying down for so long. She has to start moving.

I am really scared that she is going to develop pneumonia on top of everything else. She is still running a fever. They have her on Zosyn right now.

Hopefully things will start to improve soon. I am going to talk to the doctor about increasing her breathing treatments today. Also, she can't do her vest and they have been trying to do hand therapy (unsuccessfully so far due to her pain). I'm hoping they can find a percussor later today and try that...though I'm still not sure she will tolerate it.

The more I see her suffer, the madder I get at the doctors for missing it last week. It would have been much simpler if they had caught it before it ruptured....

ReneeP

Things seem much worse this morning. She is in more pain than she ever thought was possible. They forced her to get up and walk to the bathroom this morning...she DID NOT want to. They had let her use a bed pan all day yesterday.

When she stood this morning she let out a blood curling scream that just broke my heart. But we can already hear her lungs starting to get congested from the anesthesia and from laying down for so long. She has to start moving.

I am really scared that she is going to develop pneumonia on top of everything else. She is still running a fever. They have her on Zosyn right now.

Hopefully things will start to improve soon. I am going to talk to the doctor about increasing her breathing treatments today. Also, she can't do her vest and they have been trying to do hand therapy (unsuccessfully so far due to her pain). I'm hoping they can find a percussor later today and try that...though I'm still not sure she will tolerate it.

The more I see her suffer, the madder I get at the doctors for missing it last week. It would have been much simpler if they had caught it before it ruptured....

ReneeP

ReneeP

ReneeP

<br />
<br />When she stood this morning she let out a blood curling scream that just broke my heart. But we can already hear her lungs starting to get congested from the anesthesia and from laying down for so long. She has to start moving.
<br />
<br />I am really scared that she is going to develop pneumonia on top of everything else. She is still running a fever. They have her on Zosyn right now.
<br />
<br />Hopefully things will start to improve soon. I am going to talk to the doctor about increasing her breathing treatments today. Also, she can't do her vest and they have been trying to do hand therapy (unsuccessfully so far due to her pain). I'm hoping they can find a percussor later today and try that...though I'm still not sure she will tolerate it.
<br />
<br />The more I see her suffer, the madder I get at the doctors for missing it last week. It would have been much simpler if they had caught it before it ruptured....