another option for neb sterilization?

AnD

Here they are, from the CCF section on germs (I added bolds, etc.):

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><u> <b>Cleaning Your Respiratory Equipment</b></u>

Germs can get on respiratory equipment and cause lung infections.

Clean and disinfect all equipment used for inhaled medicines or airway clearance using the manufacturer's instructions. It is vital to clean and disinfect equipment that has been in contact with mucous membranes, sputum or phlegm, like nebulizers!

<b>To clean and disinfect your nebulizer, follow these steps:</b>

1) Clean your hands.

2) Clean the nebulizer parts. The parts cannot be disinfected until they are cleaned.

With a new paper towel, wash the inside and outside of the nebulizer parts with
liquid dish soap and hot water. Be careful not to damage any of the parts. Throw the paper towel away, then rinse the nebulizer parts with water.

Clean the nebulizer right after it is used to keep the medicine and debris from drying.
Once debris dries, it is difficult to wash off. You also can clean the nebulizer parts in an automatic dishwasher, if the nebulizer's manufacturer's instructions allow.

<b><i>3) Disinfect the nebulizer parts. DO NOT USE VINEGAR. Vinegar is not strong enough to kill the germs a person with CF might get. Instead, if the manufacturer's
instructions allow, disinfect the nebulizer parts using one of these options:

. Boiling for 5 minutes;
. Microwaving (in water) for 5 minutes;
. Dishwasher, if the water is hotter than 158° F for 30 minutes;
. Soaking in a solution of 1 part household bleach and 50 parts water for 3 minutes;
. Soaking in 70% isopropyl alcohol for 5 minutes; or
. Soaking in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes.</i></b>Ask your care center team what might work best for you.

Read the manufacturer's instructions to see what option is best for your nebulizer.

Do not use a nebulizer that cannot be disinfected using one of these options.

<b>Steps to Clean and
Disinfect Nebulizers</b>

1. Clean hands.

2. Clean nebulizer parts.

3. Disinfect nebulizer parts.

4. Rinse nebulizer parts.

5. Air-dry nebulizer parts.

Time-Saving Tip
Boiling the nebulizer is away to disinfect and rinse in one step.

Read the manufacturer's instructions to find out if your nebulizer can be boiled.</end quote></div>

I admit, I wash mine every other day, and I put them in a big bowl of hot soapy water to soak, then rattle them around amongst themselves and rinse and boil...

AnD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><u> <b>Cleaning Your Respiratory Equipment</b></u>

Clean and disinfect all equipment used for inhaled medicines or airway clearance using the manufacturer's instructions. It is vital to clean and disinfect equipment that has been in contact with mucous membranes, sputum or phlegm, like nebulizers!

1) Clean your hands.

2) Clean the nebulizer parts. The parts cannot be disinfected until they are cleaned.

liquid dish soap and hot water. Be careful not to damage any of the parts. Throw the paper towel away, then rinse the nebulizer parts with water.

Clean the nebulizer right after it is used to keep the medicine and debris from drying.
Once debris dries, it is difficult to wash off. You also can clean the nebulizer parts in an automatic dishwasher, if the nebulizer's manufacturer's instructions allow.

<b><i>3) Disinfect the nebulizer parts. DO NOT USE VINEGAR. Vinegar is not strong enough to kill the germs a person with CF might get. Instead, if the manufacturer's

. Boiling for 5 minutes;
. Soaking in a solution of 1 part household bleach and 50 parts water for 3 minutes;
. Soaking in 3% hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes.</i></b>Ask your care center team what might work best for you.

Read the manufacturer's instructions to see what option is best for your nebulizer.

<b>Steps to Clean and
Disinfect Nebulizers</b>

1. Clean hands.

Time-Saving Tip

Read the manufacturer's instructions to find out if your nebulizer can be boiled.</end quote></div>

I admit, I wash mine every other day, and I put them in a big bowl of hot soapy water to soak, then rattle them around amongst themselves and rinse and boil...

AnD

1) Clean your hands.

. Boiling for 5 minutes;

<b>Steps to Clean and
Disinfect Nebulizers</b>

1. Clean hands.

Time-Saving Tip

AnD

1) Clean your hands.

. Boiling for 5 minutes;

<b>Steps to Clean and
Disinfect Nebulizers</b>

1. Clean hands.

Time-Saving Tip

Read the manufacturer's instructions to find out if your nebulizer can be boiled.</end quote>

AnD

1) Clean your hands.

. Boiling for 5 minutes;

<b>Steps to Clean and
Disinfect Nebulizers</b>

1. Clean hands.

Time-Saving Tip

Read the manufacturer's instructions to find out if your nebulizer can be boiled.</end quote>

Faust

So get this...I get home, and my lady pulled out two brand new pari sprints for me. Still sealed and in the bag. I was going to use those for the important meds like pulmo, hyper, colistin etc...I take the brand new neb cup out, a brand new air hose (came with the brand new neb cup), put albuterol in it, started it up...and NOTHING...Only a very faint wisp of neb...I have no idea what could be going on. I inspected the pari proneb ultra 2, and aside from some white residue from the filter chamber, nothing was out of the orginary and it pushed plenty of air. Common sense should dictate that if its a brand new cup, with plenty of drug, with a brand new hose (the old one wasnt leaking anyways), it would have to be the compressor...But that shows no sign for suspect problem either...So what the hell could possibly be going on? I might have my OLD machine around to try and use to trouble shoot the issue, but I was having similar issues them. As far as hard water issues...We have a high end water softener, so that shouldnt be an issue either...I have put my fingers/face near the exit hole of my neb cups, and its blowing air out...wtf?!?!

Faust

So get this...I get home, and my lady pulled out two brand new pari sprints for me. Still sealed and in the bag. I was going to use those for the important meds like pulmo, hyper, colistin etc...I take the brand new neb cup out, a brand new air hose (came with the brand new neb cup), put albuterol in it, started it up...and NOTHING...Only a very faint wisp of neb...I have no idea what could be going on. I inspected the pari proneb ultra 2, and aside from some white residue from the filter chamber, nothing was out of the orginary and it pushed plenty of air. Common sense should dictate that if its a brand new cup, with plenty of drug, with a brand new hose (the old one wasnt leaking anyways), it would have to be the compressor...But that shows no sign for suspect problem either...So what the hell could possibly be going on? I might have my OLD machine around to try and use to trouble shoot the issue, but I was having similar issues them. As far as hard water issues...We have a high end water softener, so that shouldnt be an issue either...I have put my fingers/face near the exit hole of my neb cups, and its blowing air out...wtf?!?!

Faust

Faust

Faust

Faust

Hey I bet that will kill my lung bugs...and make me harucerate in the process!! Hey what happens if I neb pure mescaline?

Faust

Hey I bet that will kill my lung bugs...and make me harucerate in the process!! Hey what happens if I neb pure mescaline?

Faust

Faust

Faust