Aztreonam

Dawg

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sakasuka</b></i>

won't get rid of PA, Haley (9 times out of 10 when you're colonized with PA, you don't get rid of it).

But it will knock it down to levels that will reduce symptoms of exacerbation (coughing, fatigue, increase sputum)</end quote></div>

Hmm i thought that parents treated pseudo right away to get rid of it~~waste of time?

Dawg

won't get rid of PA, Haley (9 times out of 10 when you're colonized with PA, you don't get rid of it).

But it will knock it down to levels that will reduce symptoms of exacerbation (coughing, fatigue, increase sputum)</end quote></div>

Hmm i thought that parents treated pseudo right away to get rid of it~~waste of time?

Dawg

Dawg

Dawg

But it will knock it down to levels that will reduce symptoms of exacerbation (coughing, fatigue, increase sputum)</end quote>

Dawg

But it will knock it down to levels that will reduce symptoms of exacerbation (coughing, fatigue, increase sputum)</end quote>

NoExcuses

as i said, 9 times out of 10 once you get PA, you don't get rid of it.

it may not show up in a culture, but young children don't cough up sputum from their lungs anyway, even with a throat swab it's just trachea bacteria.

sometimes PA is erradicated if it's caught early....as I said, rarely.

But again, just because the culture doesn't show PA by no means is it gone.

NoExcuses

it may not show up in a culture, but young children don't cough up sputum from their lungs anyway, even with a throat swab it's just trachea bacteria.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

M

mneville

I realize that cultures are not always accurate but we've been told by our doc and Warwick that PA CAN be eradicated if caught early. Our son at 2 1/2 is in the EPIC study and has not yet cultured it but our doc is optimistic that it can be eradicated completely if we catch it very early. That is why I insist on a culture every two months.

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic but we've been told that by the best.

Megan

M

mneville

I realize that cultures are not always accurate but we've been told by our doc and Warwick that PA CAN be eradicated if caught early. Our son at 2 1/2 is in the EPIC study and has not yet cultured it but our doc is optimistic that it can be eradicated completely if we catch it very early. That is why I insist on a culture every two months.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan