Aztreonam

Ender

I was reading the stanford website, and found an interesting tidbit:

Aztreonam Lysinate for Inhalation.Drug formulation: lysine salt of aztreonam (Gilead) - No inhibition by CF sputum (vs 90% inactivation of Tobi by CF sputum)

That's kinda depressing. Tobi costs 3000 dollars a month and 90% of it is inactivated by our sputum. This looks really impressive...

Ender

I was reading the stanford website, and found an interesting tidbit:

Aztreonam Lysinate for Inhalation.Drug formulation: lysine salt of aztreonam (Gilead) - No inhibition by CF sputum (vs 90% inactivation of Tobi by CF sputum)

That's kinda depressing. Tobi costs 3000 dollars a month and 90% of it is inactivated by our sputum. This looks really impressive...

dramamama

Just thought y'all would like to know that the azstreonam has arginine as one of its components. Arginine is the precursor to Nitric Oxide.....one of the most important inhibitors of bacteria in immune response....it is actually bacteriacidal in itself and is produced by the human lungs just not in cf.

That is ,ost likely why so many are experiencing such great results with it in cf!!!

dramamama

Just thought y'all would like to know that the azstreonam has arginine as one of its components. Arginine is the precursor to Nitric Oxide.....one of the most important inhibitors of bacteria in immune response....it is actually bacteriacidal in itself and is produced by the human lungs just not in cf.

That is ,ost likely why so many are experiencing such great results with it in cf!!!

dramamama

dramamama

dramamama

dramamama

Ender

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>dramamama</b></i>

That is ,ost likely why so many are experiencing such great results with it in cf!!!</end quote></div>

Hey,
This is interesting cause from what i read, the aztreonam being used in the clinical trials does not have arganine in it. It is the IV az that has the arganine. From what i read on the Stanford site, they think that the arganine can increase inflammation in the lungs of cfers. I found that contradictive to what i have read in the past that arganine could be a benefit to cf patients. I really have no idea.....

From the site:

"Aztreonam Lysinate for Inhalation.Drug formulation: lysine salt of aztreonam (Gilead) - No inhibition by CF sputum (vs 90% inactivation of Tobi by CF sputum) .Aztreonam formulation for iv use contains arginine and may increase airway inflammation - Arginine is a substrate of nitric oxide synthetase - Inhaled arginine may contribute to inflammation in CF patients .Formulated for airway tolerability - Sterile and preservative-free solution - Safe in preclinical toxicology studies - Safe and well tolerated in Phase I-III trials in healthy subjects and patients with CF"

I know they are also testing GSNO, which has the same affect of NO but has a much longer half life. So if the goal of that drug is to increase NO, wouldn't it be a good thing if the IV contains arganine. Like, what the hell?

$$?

Have they even tried IV AZ in cf patients? I'm curious....

Kiel

Ender

That is ,ost likely why so many are experiencing such great results with it in cf!!!</end quote></div>

Hey,
This is interesting cause from what i read, the aztreonam being used in the clinical trials does not have arganine in it. It is the IV az that has the arganine. From what i read on the Stanford site, they think that the arganine can increase inflammation in the lungs of cfers. I found that contradictive to what i have read in the past that arganine could be a benefit to cf patients. I really have no idea.....

From the site:

"Aztreonam Lysinate for Inhalation.Drug formulation: lysine salt of aztreonam (Gilead) - No inhibition by CF sputum (vs 90% inactivation of Tobi by CF sputum) .Aztreonam formulation for iv use contains arginine and may increase airway inflammation - Arginine is a substrate of nitric oxide synthetase - Inhaled arginine may contribute to inflammation in CF patients .Formulated for airway tolerability - Sterile and preservative-free solution - Safe in preclinical toxicology studies - Safe and well tolerated in Phase I-III trials in healthy subjects and patients with CF"

I know they are also testing GSNO, which has the same affect of NO but has a much longer half life. So if the goal of that drug is to increase NO, wouldn't it be a good thing if the IV contains arganine. Like, what the hell?

$$?

Kiel

Ender

Hey,

From the site:

$$?

Kiel

Ender

Hey,

From the site:

$$?

Kiel

Ender

That is ,ost likely why so many are experiencing such great results with it in cf!!!</end quote>

Hey,

From the site:

$$?

Kiel

Ender

That is ,ost likely why so many are experiencing such great results with it in cf!!!</end quote>

Hey,

From the site:

$$?

Kiel