Aztreonam

M

mneville

I realize that cultures are not always accurate but we've been told by our doc and Warwick that PA CAN be eradicated if caught early. Our son at 2 1/2 is in the EPIC study and has not yet cultured it but our doc is optimistic that it can be eradicated completely if we catch it very early. That is why I insist on a culture every two months.

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic but we've been told that by the best.

Megan

M

mneville

I realize that cultures are not always accurate but we've been told by our doc and Warwick that PA CAN be eradicated if caught early. Our son at 2 1/2 is in the EPIC study and has not yet cultured it but our doc is optimistic that it can be eradicated completely if we catch it very early. That is why I insist on a culture every two months.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mneville</b></i>

Megan</end quote></div>

YES it can. The problem is when its not caught early enough and it colonizes. I am not sure it can be eradicated at that point.

Frequent cultures is important. Because even if PA is erradicated that doesnt mean it wont return at a later time.

JazzysMom

Megan</end quote></div>

YES it can. The problem is when its not caught early enough and it colonizes. I am not sure it can be eradicated at that point.

Frequent cultures is important. Because even if PA is erradicated that doesnt mean it wont return at a later time.

JazzysMom

Megan</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

Megan</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

Megan</end quote>

JazzysMom

Megan</end quote>

M

MCGrad2006

I am a lil bummed, b/c it says it will be three times daily! Granted it only takes a few minutes...but three times kinda sux. For those that dont know, I participated in the study and was on three times, some were on two though...oh well. Its just that much closer to getting on the market!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

M

MCGrad2006

I am a lil bummed, b/c it says it will be three times daily! Granted it only takes a few minutes...but three times kinda sux. For those that dont know, I participated in the study and was on three times, some were on two though...oh well. Its just that much closer to getting on the market!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

Ender

I was reading the stanford website, and found an interesting tidbit:

Aztreonam Lysinate for Inhalation.Drug formulation: lysine salt of aztreonam (Gilead) - No inhibition by CF sputum (vs 90% inactivation of Tobi by CF sputum)

That's kinda depressing. Tobi costs 3000 dollars a month and 90% of it is inactivated by our sputum. This looks really impressive...

Ender

Aztreonam Lysinate for Inhalation.Drug formulation: lysine salt of aztreonam (Gilead) - No inhibition by CF sputum (vs 90% inactivation of Tobi by CF sputum)

That's kinda depressing. Tobi costs 3000 dollars a month and 90% of it is inactivated by our sputum. This looks really impressive...

Ender

Ender