bonfire ?

PlumPerfect

We used to have fri. night bonfires and we like to camp and my parents even have a big pit that they will cook dinner on when we come over....

my questions is, can he be around the smoke at all, what does everyone else do? Our dr. just gave me a look when I asked like I was dumb for asking, but never told me an answer. Obviously its not good to be inhaling it but there has to be a happy medium.

PlumPerfect

We used to have fri. night bonfires and we like to camp and my parents even have a big pit that they will cook dinner on when we come over....

my questions is, can he be around the smoke at all, what does everyone else do? Our dr. just gave me a look when I asked like I was dumb for asking, but never told me an answer. Obviously its not good to be inhaling it but there has to be a happy medium.

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

<br />
<br />my questions is, can he be around the smoke at all, what does everyone else do? Our dr. just gave me a look when I asked like I was dumb for asking, but never told me an answer. Obviously its not good to be inhaling it but there has to be a happy medium.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We pretty much avoided them, still do to a certain extend now that DS is older because he still doesn't know to stay away from the smoke. When DS was diagnosed as a baby we were told to avoid smoke. Not just when people were actively smoking or around bonfires, but we were reminded that smoke particles can stay in hair and clothing and that our child could inhale them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We pretty much avoided them, still do to a certain extend now that DS is older because he still doesn't know to stay away from the smoke. When DS was diagnosed as a baby we were told to avoid smoke. Not just when people were actively smoking or around bonfires, but we were reminded that smoke particles can stay in hair and clothing and that our child could inhale them.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />

SARAHSARAH253

I know I was told my two different clinics. That our son had to avoid all smoke for his first year..to protect his lungs...That meant I had to get rid of all my candels. My husband took our fire pit out of the back yard...He only used it once in the last year, and that was when our son was sleeping...But our clothes smelled like we were camping all week..Just for those two hours of fun..I know CF adults camp with firepits...I'm just not clear at what age we can start enjoying these kinds of activities ...

Mommy to Johnny almost One on the 17TH...YEAH

SARAHSARAH253

I know I was told my two different clinics. That our son had to avoid all smoke for his first year..to protect his lungs...That meant I had to get rid of all my candels. My husband took our fire pit out of the back yard...He only used it once in the last year, and that was when our son was sleeping...But our clothes smelled like we were camping all week..Just for those two hours of fun..I know CF adults camp with firepits...I'm just not clear at what age we can start enjoying these kinds of activities ...

SARAHSARAH253

SARAHSARAH253

SARAHSARAH253

<br />
<br />Mommy to Johnny almost One on the 17TH...YEAH

purplemartin

We haven't stopped our bonfires! We just use a bit of common sense.....we don't sit Briceton in the direct line of smoke, ALWAYS do treatments afterwards, and watch for any signs of agitation.

Briceton has never seemed to have any problems, but of course at 2 years of age he doesn't "sit" around the fire. He is usually up running around in another part of the yard with the other kids!

I say keep the bonfires, if it doesn't cause you any problems (agitation) than keeping have fun!

purplemartin

We haven't stopped our bonfires! We just use a bit of common sense.....we don't sit Briceton in the direct line of smoke, ALWAYS do treatments afterwards, and watch for any signs of agitation.

Briceton has never seemed to have any problems, but of course at 2 years of age he doesn't "sit" around the fire. He is usually up running around in another part of the yard with the other kids!

I say keep the bonfires, if it doesn't cause you any problems (agitation) than keeping have fun!

purplemartin

purplemartin

purplemartin

<br />
<br />We haven't stopped our bonfires! We just use a bit of common sense.....we don't sit Briceton in the direct line of smoke, ALWAYS do treatments afterwards, and watch for any signs of agitation.
<br />
<br />Briceton has never seemed to have any problems, but of course at 2 years of age he doesn't "sit" around the fire. He is usually up running around in another part of the yard with the other kids!
<br />
<br />I say keep the bonfires, if it doesn't cause you any problems (agitation) than keeping have fun!