bonfire ?

JennyCoulon

I wouldn't stop them, like was previously said just use common sense. I have a 3 and 8 yr. old both with CF and we just keep them out of the way of the blowing smoke as much as possible. We also make sure that they have a really good treatment, get clothes changed, etc. afterwards.

As far as doing marshmellows for smores just try to keep them as far back as possible or roast them for them. I believe that we truely need to protect our kids but not be overprotective. They still need to be a kid and experience the same things. Just be smart about it.

JennyCoulon

I wouldn't stop them, like was previously said just use common sense. I have a 3 and 8 yr. old both with CF and we just keep them out of the way of the blowing smoke as much as possible. We also make sure that they have a really good treatment, get clothes changed, etc. afterwards.

As far as doing marshmellows for smores just try to keep them as far back as possible or roast them for them. I believe that we truely need to protect our kids but not be overprotective. They still need to be a kid and experience the same things. Just be smart about it.

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

<br />
<br />As far as doing marshmellows for smores just try to keep them as far back as possible or roast them for them. I believe that we truely need to protect our kids but not be overprotective. They still need to be a kid and experience the same things. Just be smart about it.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My boys still participate in Scout events that include bonfires or open fire cooking. They just know to stand away from the smoke or to excuse themselves when they can't.

Here's our smoke story...one of Josh's first scout campouts (he was 11) was at a local park. He got there in the morning, but at about noon he called me on my cell. They had been cooking when he had coughed up blood. Of course he freaked out. I flew over to get him, equally freaked. When I got there 15 minutes later he opened his hand to show me the glob he had coughed up (he had saved it all that time). It had a <i><b>tiny</b></i> little streak of red. It was ok, but it was enough warning to make him remember to stay away from the smoke on future campouts.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My boys still participate in Scout events that include bonfires or open fire cooking. They just know to stand away from the smoke or to excuse themselves when they can't.

Here's our smoke story...one of Josh's first scout campouts (he was 11) was at a local park. He got there in the morning, but at about noon he called me on my cell. They had been cooking when he had coughed up blood. Of course he freaked out. I flew over to get him, equally freaked. When I got there 15 minutes later he opened his hand to show me the glob he had coughed up (he had saved it all that time). It had a <i><b>tiny</b></i> little streak of red. It was ok, but it was enough warning to make him remember to stay away from the smoke on future campouts.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />Here's our smoke story...one of Josh's first scout campouts (he was 11) was at a local park. He got there in the morning, but at about noon he called me on my cell. They had been cooking when he had coughed up blood. Of course he freaked out. I flew over to get him, equally freaked. When I got there 15 minutes later he opened his hand to show me the glob he had coughed up (he had saved it all that time). It had a <i><b>tiny</b></i> little streak of red. It was ok, but it was enough warning to make him remember to stay away from the smoke on future campouts.

Transplantmommy

I have always gone to bonfires. My hubby's family has about 2 a year (and I have been going to them since way before we started dating). The only thing I did was stay out of the way of the smoke. Even since Tx, I still go to them!!

Transplantmommy

I have always gone to bonfires. My hubby's family has about 2 a year (and I have been going to them since way before we started dating). The only thing I did was stay out of the way of the smoke. Even since Tx, I still go to them!!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We've only been to 2 bonfires. The smoke does bother Maggie, she covers her mouth , coughs and backs away. I did let her try to roast marshmellows for smores, though she rather would stick the marshmellow on a stick and eat them not roasted on a stick. Eventually she got bored with the whole thing and played away from the fire.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
We've only been to 2 bonfires. The smoke does bother Maggie, she covers her mouth , coughs and backs away. I did let her try to roast marshmellows for smores, though she rather would stick the marshmellow on a stick and eat them not roasted on a stick. Eventually she got bored with the whole thing and played away from the fire.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator