Careers

maddie256

I am so worried about holding a career because I have been in the hospital 6 times this year and each time was over a week.

How do you do it?

I am looking to become a teacher but I am just worried that I will have a hard time finding a job let alone keeping it.
Any suggestions??

maddie256

I am so worried about holding a career because I have been in the hospital 6 times this year and each time was over a week.

How do you do it?

I am looking to become a teacher but I am just worried that I will have a hard time finding a job let alone keeping it.
Any suggestions??

maddie256

How do you do it?

Any suggestions??

maddie256

How do you do it?

Any suggestions??

maddie256

<br />
<br />How do you do it?
<br />
<br />I am looking to become a teacher but I am just worried that I will have a hard time finding a job let alone keeping it.
<br />Any suggestions??

missT

Just an idea...I have worked as a sales rep with a route so I never had to go to an office. I worked in the field and was never around anyone long enough to cough on...lol. There are so many different things you can sell. I dont recommend pharmacy sales (you dont want to be in Dr's offices). Good luck!

missT

Just an idea...I have worked as a sales rep with a route so I never had to go to an office. I worked in the field and was never around anyone long enough to cough on...lol. There are so many different things you can sell. I dont recommend pharmacy sales (you dont want to be in Dr's offices). Good luck!

missT

missT

missT

tesorotiffa

Well first you have to realize that just because this year you've had several hospitalizations, it may not be like that every year! Plus, wherever you work, just make sure you are the type of employee who is so integral to their team that they can't picture not having you there! I started working at a chemical plant during my undergrad schooling, and at first I was never sick... but then I started getting sick more often and more often... but my boss loved me, and when I was able to be at work I was the only one who could do my job, and I busted my butt for them!

It will work itself out! :)

tesorotiffa

Well first you have to realize that just because this year you've had several hospitalizations, it may not be like that every year! Plus, wherever you work, just make sure you are the type of employee who is so integral to their team that they can't picture not having you there! I started working at a chemical plant during my undergrad schooling, and at first I was never sick... but then I started getting sick more often and more often... but my boss loved me, and when I was able to be at work I was the only one who could do my job, and I busted my butt for them!

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

<br />
<br />It will work itself out! :)

rpcvchina

I'm a teacher and I find it extremely difficult to take the time off to bring my kids to clinic or do their daily treatments in the morning. My husband has to do these things since he has an office job. Teaching is not a job you can just be absent when needed. You still have to do all the work and write lesson plans for the sub even if you aren't there. It's twice the work to be absent. Then, there is a huge stack of papers to grade when you return. On the other hand, the health insurance is good. We have no lifetime limits. Plus I'm so busy all day at work that I'm not worrying about everything becuase I don't have the time!

I'd say look into being a school guidance counselor. The health insurance is the same, and if you are out for a few weeks, you can do the work when you return or even do a lot by email. At the middle and high school level there is a team of guidance counselors so you share the work. Lastly, there is really good job security. If you like working with kids, it's a good option.

rpcvchina

I'm a teacher and I find it extremely difficult to take the time off to bring my kids to clinic or do their daily treatments in the morning. My husband has to do these things since he has an office job. Teaching is not a job you can just be absent when needed. You still have to do all the work and write lesson plans for the sub even if you aren't there. It's twice the work to be absent. Then, there is a huge stack of papers to grade when you return. On the other hand, the health insurance is good. We have no lifetime limits. Plus I'm so busy all day at work that I'm not worrying about everything becuase I don't have the time!

I'd say look into being a school guidance counselor. The health insurance is the same, and if you are out for a few weeks, you can do the work when you return or even do a lot by email. At the middle and high school level there is a team of guidance counselors so you share the work. Lastly, there is really good job security. If you like working with kids, it's a good option.

rpcvchina

rpcvchina

rpcvchina

<br />
<br />I'd say look into being a school guidance counselor. The health insurance is the same, and if you are out for a few weeks, you can do the work when you return or even do a lot by email. At the middle and high school level there is a team of guidance counselors so you share the work. Lastly, there is really good job security. If you like working with kids, it's a good option.