Carriers symptoms..?

rcq925

I definitely think carriers have symptoms/problems as well. I have had horrible sinus issues my whole life. My husband has asthma and a lot of allergies, in fact he takes more prescription meds than my daughter with CF. My son, Nathan, who is just a carrier (he had the sweat test and the Ambry Blood test) has asthma and allergies and was much sicker as a baby than Hayley was.

I was convinced Nathan had CF after Hayley's diagnosis, because he was alwayts sick with ear infections, sinus infections and bronchitis, but the Ambry blood work showed that he only has one Delta F508 mutation, so just a carrier. We actually had a sweat test done on my hubby as well, since he has so many respiratory symptoms as well, but he tested very low on the sweat test. I do belong to another board where a mother was tested and then diagnosed with CF after her child's diagnosis, so it does happen, she is in her 30's and had been sick off and on all her life and no one ever suspected CF.

rcq925

I definitely think carriers have symptoms/problems as well. I have had horrible sinus issues my whole life. My husband has asthma and a lot of allergies, in fact he takes more prescription meds than my daughter with CF. My son, Nathan, who is just a carrier (he had the sweat test and the Ambry Blood test) has asthma and allergies and was much sicker as a baby than Hayley was.

I was convinced Nathan had CF after Hayley's diagnosis, because he was alwayts sick with ear infections, sinus infections and bronchitis, but the Ambry blood work showed that he only has one Delta F508 mutation, so just a carrier. We actually had a sweat test done on my hubby as well, since he has so many respiratory symptoms as well, but he tested very low on the sweat test. I do belong to another board where a mother was tested and then diagnosed with CF after her child's diagnosis, so it does happen, she is in her 30's and had been sick off and on all her life and no one ever suspected CF.

rcq925

rcq925

rcq925

2sickkids

I am a carrier w/symptoms. I have chonic bronch get uri lri or pnem every three months. Have seen a pulm for yrs. Have just about every stomach diagn. Sereve sinus and allergy problems diabetic w/speratic kidney liver and pancreas issues. After my oldest was diagnosed my pulm freaked. I ended up having a sweat test got a 39. So was told I'm symptomatic by my kids cf clinic. My cousin who's child has cf was told she is to. As well at another cousins 2 kids. So we have 4 cf pos kids and for symptomatic carriers. Our clinic says we are an odd fam

2sickkids

I am a carrier w/symptoms. I have chonic bronch get uri lri or pnem every three months. Have seen a pulm for yrs. Have just about every stomach diagn. Sereve sinus and allergy problems diabetic w/speratic kidney liver and pancreas issues. After my oldest was diagnosed my pulm freaked. I ended up having a sweat test got a 39. So was told I'm symptomatic by my kids cf clinic. My cousin who's child has cf was told she is to. As well at another cousins 2 kids. So we have 4 cf pos kids and for symptomatic carriers. Our clinic says we are an odd fam

2sickkids

2sickkids

2sickkids

sweetwhite30

Well i have posted before on this matter. i have another son who we give organic enzymes too and it makes a world of difference in behavior and illnesses of the belly with him and he is a severe asthmatic. He is a ddf508 carrier and he sweats 59 every time they do a sweat test and they did a blood test and it came back he is just a carrier. I believe his father needs to be tested he has to many lung issues and he is getting sicker physically in ways a 40 yr old man should not be ....I have suspected for a few years richard has 2 different mutations due to his heritage background . I have gotten pnemonia where only cfers or aids patients get it and they did a aids test and it had been neg for 10 yrs so it is a symptomatic issues with the gene ddf508 I am asthmatic ,sinuses are a killer and i have reflux,gastritis.So i think people who have the ddf508 carrier gene are prone to have these issues.I also can not eat alot of grease it just runs out of me so thats a norm syptomatic response with that mutation....

sweetwhite30

Well i have posted before on this matter. i have another son who we give organic enzymes too and it makes a world of difference in behavior and illnesses of the belly with him and he is a severe asthmatic. He is a ddf508 carrier and he sweats 59 every time they do a sweat test and they did a blood test and it came back he is just a carrier. I believe his father needs to be tested he has to many lung issues and he is getting sicker physically in ways a 40 yr old man should not be ....I have suspected for a few years richard has 2 different mutations due to his heritage background . I have gotten pnemonia where only cfers or aids patients get it and they did a aids test and it had been neg for 10 yrs so it is a symptomatic issues with the gene ddf508 I am asthmatic ,sinuses are a killer and i have reflux,gastritis.So i think people who have the ddf508 carrier gene are prone to have these issues.I also can not eat alot of grease it just runs out of me so thats a norm syptomatic response with that mutation....

sweetwhite30

sweetwhite30

sweetwhite30

suey70

Hello, I am so glad that I am not alone. I found out that I was a CF carrier when trying to get pregnant with my 2nd child. I suffered from super chronic bronchitis most of my childhood years. I still have asthma, and so far 2 of my 3 children carry the Gene. My daughters both have asthma and severe reflux as infants. My oldest has Gastro problems still. My 2nd daughter is only 3 and had pneumonia three times this year and croup cough when ever she gets a cold. They tested me several times as a child for CF and results were negative. I was so sickly that I had to go on immune therapy. There needs to be more studies on this. We all seem to have the same thing in common. Is it possible to have CF with one carrier alone? My husband has been tested 3 times for the mutation, but it always comes negative. Also, I had extreme slow growth as a child and ALL my children are following. My youngest is only 18 months, the symtoms usually appear in my family after two years old. Are there any doctors in this forum?

suey70

Hello, I am so glad that I am not alone. I found out that I was a CF carrier when trying to get pregnant with my 2nd child. I suffered from super chronic bronchitis most of my childhood years. I still have asthma, and so far 2 of my 3 children carry the Gene. My daughters both have asthma and severe reflux as infants. My oldest has Gastro problems still. My 2nd daughter is only 3 and had pneumonia three times this year and croup cough when ever she gets a cold. They tested me several times as a child for CF and results were negative. I was so sickly that I had to go on immune therapy. There needs to be more studies on this. We all seem to have the same thing in common. Is it possible to have CF with one carrier alone? My husband has been tested 3 times for the mutation, but it always comes negative. Also, I had extreme slow growth as a child and ALL my children are following. My youngest is only 18 months, the symtoms usually appear in my family after two years old. Are there any doctors in this forum?

suey70

suey70

suey70