Cepacia on same floor as non- cepacia patients

SandyCheeks

At our hospital we do not seperate. All CFers are on the same floor (birth to 21 years). We have a patient or two that cultures cepacia. ANYONE (doctors, nurses, rt's, enviornmental services) who goes into a patient room must gown, glove and mask on entering and wash hands upon exiting the room. I would strongly encourage you to be certain that everyone who enters and exits the room follows these guidlines.
Good Luck making your decision.

SandyCheeks

At our hospital we do not seperate. All CFers are on the same floor (birth to 21 years). We have a patient or two that cultures cepacia. ANYONE (doctors, nurses, rt's, enviornmental services) who goes into a patient room must gown, glove and mask on entering and wash hands upon exiting the room. I would strongly encourage you to be certain that everyone who enters and exits the room follows these guidlines.

SandyCheeks

SandyCheeks

SandyCheeks

<br />Good Luck making your decision.
<br />

J

Juniper

I'm not sure if we are all on the same floor but i do know that we have been told which lifts to use in the hospital. The cepacia patients use one set and we use the other.

J

Juniper

I'm not sure if we are all on the same floor but i do know that we have been told which lifts to use in the hospital. The cepacia patients use one set and we use the other.

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

LGMClark

If I were you, like someone else said, make sure EVERYONE follows the isolation rules...some ignorant people may not want to, but it is ESSENTIAL that they gown and glove up!
ALSO, I suggest you have YOUR OWN stethascope (spelling?)..that way it's YOURS and it's the ONLY one touching you...that's what my place does...keep a box of alcohol nearby so THEY can feel like YOU and wash the earpieces before they use it. Also, you should have your OWN O2Sat (the one for your finger) and your own blood pressure cuff and if they bring you a VEST, make sure its a new one to use! I also insist that they give me a NEW nebulizer each time I neb! I've gotten MRSA in the hospital and was PISSED!
This is especially important for doctors,nurses and RTs!! They are the one's in contact with the other patients.
It may seem picky but hey, this is your LIFE...you know?
I hope you get well and outta there soon!

LGMClark

If I were you, like someone else said, make sure EVERYONE follows the isolation rules...some ignorant people may not want to, but it is ESSENTIAL that they gown and glove up!
ALSO, I suggest you have YOUR OWN stethascope (spelling?)..that way it's YOURS and it's the ONLY one touching you...that's what my place does...keep a box of alcohol nearby so THEY can feel like YOU and wash the earpieces before they use it. Also, you should have your OWN O2Sat (the one for your finger) and your own blood pressure cuff and if they bring you a VEST, make sure its a new one to use! I also insist that they give me a NEW nebulizer each time I neb! I've gotten MRSA in the hospital and was PISSED!
This is especially important for doctors,nurses and RTs!! They are the one's in contact with the other patients.

LGMClark

LGMClark

LGMClark

<br />ALSO, I suggest you have YOUR OWN stethascope (spelling?)..that way it's YOURS and it's the ONLY one touching you...that's what my place does...keep a box of alcohol nearby so THEY can feel like YOU and wash the earpieces before they use it. Also, you should have your OWN O2Sat (the one for your finger) and your own blood pressure cuff and if they bring you a VEST, make sure its a new one to use! I also insist that they give me a NEW nebulizer each time I neb! I've gotten MRSA in the hospital and was PISSED!
<br />This is especially important for doctors,nurses and RTs!! They are the one's in contact with the other patients.
<br />It may seem picky but hey, this is your LIFE...you know?
<br />I hope you get well and outta there soon!