CF ISOLATION

jena

There are still camps for people with CF.
www.campfunshine.com
It's in Texas, perhaps there are others out there too. There are a lot of rules about getting checked out and having clear cultures (for certain bugs) before going. Seems pretty neat. I will consider letting my son go when he gets a little older. It makes me a little nervous.... but that shouldn't necessarily stop me. It could be a very rewarding experience.
jena
7 year old with cf
4 yr old no cf

jena

www.campfunshine.com
It's in Texas, perhaps there are others out there too. There are a lot of rules about getting checked out and having clear cultures (for certain bugs) before going. Seems pretty neat. I will consider letting my son go when he gets a little older. It makes me a little nervous.... but that shouldn't necessarily stop me. It could be a very rewarding experience.
jena
7 year old with cf
4 yr old no cf

jena

www.campfunshine.com
jena
7 year old with cf
4 yr old no cf

jena

www.campfunshine.com
jena
7 year old with cf
4 yr old no cf

jena

<br />www.campfunshine.com
<br />It's in Texas, perhaps there are others out there too. There are a lot of rules about getting checked out and having clear cultures (for certain bugs) before going. Seems pretty neat. I will consider letting my son go when he gets a little older. It makes me a little nervous.... but that shouldn't necessarily stop me. It could be a very rewarding experience.
<br />jena
<br />7 year old with cf
<br />4 yr old no cf

dixiepixie

omg i hate isolation !
because my brothers cf case is more severe, hes in the hospital more often than i.
i was in the hospital for the first time in 10 years last month, and we were both in isolation. we got to be with eachother, but anyone who came in or when we left we had to be all covered up. i couldnt stand it and i complained everything.

dixiepixie

omg i hate isolation !
because my brothers cf case is more severe, hes in the hospital more often than i.
i was in the hospital for the first time in 10 years last month, and we were both in isolation. we got to be with eachother, but anyone who came in or when we left we had to be all covered up. i couldnt stand it and i complained everything.

dixiepixie

omg i hate isolation !

dixiepixie

omg i hate isolation !

dixiepixie

omg i hate isolation !
<br />because my brothers cf case is more severe, hes in the hospital more often than i.
<br />i was in the hospital for the first time in 10 years last month, and we were both in isolation. we got to be with eachother, but anyone who came in or when we left we had to be all covered up. i couldnt stand it and i complained everything.
<br />

BoSox5146

I have actually met 2 kids with CF around my age 2.Met them at the hospital we are really good friends to.We all have this bug called delosa.Me and my friend from the hospital are actually trying to get together sometime because we both have delosa and we know that we cant get each other sick because we both have the same thing.Now if he didnt have delosa we wouldnt hang out because he would catch it.Having delosa is tough because while in the hospital you really cant leave your room at all.So hopefully sometime my friend and I will get together!!!

BoSox5146

I have actually met 2 kids with CF around my age 2.Met them at the hospital we are really good friends to.We all have this bug called delosa.Me and my friend from the hospital are actually trying to get together sometime because we both have delosa and we know that we cant get each other sick because we both have the same thing.Now if he didnt have delosa we wouldnt hang out because he would catch it.Having delosa is tough because while in the hospital you really cant leave your room at all.So hopefully sometime my friend and I will get together!!!

BoSox5146

BoSox5146

BoSox5146

Transplantmommy

Well, here is what I was told by my transplant doctors and they are the ones who will yell at you for being around someone who is sick!!

I talked to my lung Tx coordinator because there is a little girl who is 9 with CF who wants to meet me (and so does her mother). He told me that two CFers getting together is not bad but here is what you need to look out for....1) Neither of you can have an active infection at the time of meeting, 2) Make sure that one or the other does not have some sort of superbug (like MRSA or b. Cepacia), 3) No physical contact, 4) Make sure to use hand sanitizer, and 5) Both CFers should probably wear a mask. I know that this may seem like a lot but if you want to meet another CFer, why not take the precautions??

I have personally met and hung out with about 4 other CFers in my life and it was fun. Nothing happened to any of us. Of course as always, talk to your docs about this!

Transplantmommy

Well, here is what I was told by my transplant doctors and they are the ones who will yell at you for being around someone who is sick!!

I talked to my lung Tx coordinator because there is a little girl who is 9 with CF who wants to meet me (and so does her mother). He told me that two CFers getting together is not bad but here is what you need to look out for....1) Neither of you can have an active infection at the time of meeting, 2) Make sure that one or the other does not have some sort of superbug (like MRSA or b. Cepacia), 3) No physical contact, 4) Make sure to use hand sanitizer, and 5) Both CFers should probably wear a mask. I know that this may seem like a lot but if you want to meet another CFer, why not take the precautions??

I have personally met and hung out with about 4 other CFers in my life and it was fun. Nothing happened to any of us. Of course as always, talk to your docs about this!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I talked to my lung Tx coordinator because there is a little girl who is 9 with CF who wants to meet me (and so does her mother). He told me that two CFers getting together is not bad but here is what you need to look out for....1) Neither of you can have an active infection at the time of meeting, 2) Make sure that one or the other does not have some sort of superbug (like MRSA or b. Cepacia), 3) No physical contact, 4) Make sure to use hand sanitizer, and 5) Both CFers should probably wear a mask. I know that this may seem like a lot but if you want to meet another CFer, why not take the precautions??
<br />
<br />I have personally met and hung out with about 4 other CFers in my life and it was fun. Nothing happened to any of us. Of course as always, talk to your docs about this!