CF Storyline on Grey's Anatomy right now!

pipersmom

Interesting premise so far, CFer in for a lung transplant, gf comes to visit for the 1st time, turns out she has CF as well. Thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to catch it!

pipersmom

Interesting premise so far, CFer in for a lung transplant, gf comes to visit for the 1st time, turns out she has CF as well. Thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to catch it!

pipersmom

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to get some attention to CF -- but who carries around Pulmozyme around in their purse?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to get some attention to CF -- but who carries around Pulmozyme around in their purse?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

pipersmom

The pulmozyme in the purse, I could rationalize, the label on the envelope, not so much. Ours is always labelled on the box, lol. Other than that, I think they're doing a good job with it thus far.

pipersmom

The pulmozyme in the purse, I could rationalize, the label on the envelope, not so much. Ours is always labelled on the box, lol. Other than that, I think they're doing a good job with it thus far.

pipersmom

wll0648

I'm watching Grey's right now but I'm just curious, is it really that dangerous for CF patients to interact or did they dramatize it for the show? Just wondering how accurate the information is! Thanks!

wll0648

I'm watching Grey's right now but I'm just curious, is it really that dangerous for CF patients to interact or did they dramatize it for the show? Just wondering how accurate the information is! Thanks!

wll0648

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Friend of mine who underwent a transplant 7 years ago just messaged me on facebook -- he just caught the part where the guy dumped his girlfriend so he could get his lungs.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Friend of mine who underwent a transplant 7 years ago just messaged me on facebook -- he just caught the part where the guy dumped his girlfriend so he could get his lungs.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

pipersmom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>wll0648</b></i>

I'm watching Grey's right now but I'm just curious, is it really that dangerous for CF patients to interact or did they dramatize it for the show? Just wondering how accurate the information is! Thanks!</end quote></div>

Medically speaking, in simplest terms, yes. The CFF recommends at least 3 ft of space between CFers. There are additional precautions for those that carry certain bugs. Having not hit the transplant road yet, I can't attest to that, but would say it makes sense, and it's prob the stance as well.

pipersmom

I'm watching Grey's right now but I'm just curious, is it really that dangerous for CF patients to interact or did they dramatize it for the show? Just wondering how accurate the information is! Thanks!</end quote>

Medically speaking, in simplest terms, yes. The CFF recommends at least 3 ft of space between CFers. There are additional precautions for those that carry certain bugs. Having not hit the transplant road yet, I can't attest to that, but would say it makes sense, and it's prob the stance as well.

pipersmom

<br />
<br />I'm watching Grey's right now but I'm just curious, is it really that dangerous for CF patients to interact or did they dramatize it for the show? Just wondering how accurate the information is! Thanks!</end quote>
<br />
<br />Medically speaking, in simplest terms, yes. The CFF recommends at least 3 ft of space between CFers. There are additional precautions for those that carry certain bugs. Having not hit the transplant road yet, I can't attest to that, but would say it makes sense, and it's prob the stance as well.