Colistin Alert

Jem

The best thing to do is hold off treatment tonight and call your cf doctor & colistin premixed supplier tomorrow morning to get the real deal. I hope it is a false alarm but better to play it safe.

Jem

The best thing to do is hold off treatment tonight and call your cf doctor & colistin premixed supplier tomorrow morning to get the real deal. I hope it is a false alarm but better to play it safe.

NoExcuses

Ya I use pre-mixed, but I was given the option to use non pre-mixed.

Same with the traditional neb. I had the option of mixing myself or getting pre-mixed.

I can't emphasize enough - this has nothing to do with the eFlow!!!

NoExcuses

Same with the traditional neb. I had the option of mixing myself or getting pre-mixed.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

lightNlife

The most likely source of the problem was that she inhaled an old mixture. Premixed Colistin MUST be used within 7 days. That's why I prefer to mix my own--I know exactly when I mixed it, and what concentration I used.

Like Amy, I'm skeptical of the info. It looks like this was an isolated incident. Especially considering that I have no found any of the information about this anywhere other than here. There's nothing on SourceCF's site, nothing on Medwatch, or CFF or FDA. I also couldn't find any information about the doctors whose names appear in that email some of you received.

Again, this appears to be an isolated incident. Certainly it's a serious one, which is why it's purportedly being investigated. I'll make my final conclusions when I see some proof-positive documentation.

lightNlife

The most likely source of the problem was that she inhaled an old mixture. Premixed Colistin MUST be used within 7 days. That's why I prefer to mix my own--I know exactly when I mixed it, and what concentration I used.

Like Amy, I'm skeptical of the info. It looks like this was an isolated incident. Especially considering that I have no found any of the information about this anywhere other than here. There's nothing on SourceCF's site, nothing on Medwatch, or CFF or FDA. I also couldn't find any information about the doctors whose names appear in that email some of you received.

Again, this appears to be an isolated incident. Certainly it's a serious one, which is why it's purportedly being investigated. I'll make my final conclusions when I see some proof-positive documentation.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

jfarel

When I get pre-mixed I get at least a two week supply from the pharmaceutical company. Are you sure its seven days? I think they've even sent a month supply before. I've used it well past seven days and never had a problem.

jfarel

When I get pre-mixed I get at least a two week supply from the pharmaceutical company. Are you sure its seven days? I think they've even sent a month supply before. I've used it well past seven days and never had a problem.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel