coughing attacks at night time

W

welshwitch

I totally recommend NyQuil. My boyfriend takes it with me in solidarity! It knocks me out and (usually, at least) quiets the coughing. THen I can work on clearning myself out during the day.

W

welshwitch

I totally recommend NyQuil. My boyfriend takes it with me in solidarity! It knocks me out and (usually, at least) quiets the coughing. THen I can work on clearning myself out during the day.

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

M

moxie1

If I'm coughing, chewing on a couple of extra salty pretzels stops me pretty quick. Then, I can sleep through the rest of the night.

M

moxie1

If I'm coughing, chewing on a couple of extra salty pretzels stops me pretty quick. Then, I can sleep through the rest of the night.

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

A

Aspiemom

I used to do the pretzel thing until a dr. introduced me to the wonders of <b>Ginger Tea</b>. I've mentioned this several times to people with a coughing problem and when they try it they all agree that it really works. It's like a miracle thing for me. I will be coughing so hard I'll be at the point of throwing up and will sip Ginger Tea and the cough subsides nearly immediately.

I often go through the coughing at night, especially if my sinuses are worse. I will either sip the tea just before going to bed and that helps, but sometimes I forget to do that and if I start up coughing I'll sip it then. It's a pain getting up, but hey. Codeine doesn't help the cough, NOTHING HELPS...EXCEPT GINGER TEA!

Mine is <b><i>Long Life </i>Ginger Blend Tea</b>. Tastes fantastic. You can get it online or at health food stores. If you can find it instant, that works great, too, but mine has to be seeped about 4-5 min. but it's well worth it. I carry Ginger Apple Chews in my purse for cough attacks I get when out on the go.

A

Aspiemom

I used to do the pretzel thing until a dr. introduced me to the wonders of <b>Ginger Tea</b>. I've mentioned this several times to people with a coughing problem and when they try it they all agree that it really works. It's like a miracle thing for me. I will be coughing so hard I'll be at the point of throwing up and will sip Ginger Tea and the cough subsides nearly immediately.

I often go through the coughing at night, especially if my sinuses are worse. I will either sip the tea just before going to bed and that helps, but sometimes I forget to do that and if I start up coughing I'll sip it then. It's a pain getting up, but hey. Codeine doesn't help the cough, NOTHING HELPS...EXCEPT GINGER TEA!

Mine is <b><i>Long Life </i>Ginger Blend Tea</b>. Tastes fantastic. You can get it online or at health food stores. If you can find it instant, that works great, too, but mine has to be seeped about 4-5 min. but it's well worth it. I carry Ginger Apple Chews in my purse for cough attacks I get when out on the go.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

Emily65Roses

I, like Jessi, sleep propped up. Sometimes I'll wake up and cough and cough and I won't be able to get back to sleep. So I prop my pillow up, sit almost straight up (just with my head back a little), and fall back asleep that way, eventually. That's all I have for you.

Emily65Roses

I, like Jessi, sleep propped up. Sometimes I'll wake up and cough and cough and I won't be able to get back to sleep. So I prop my pillow up, sit almost straight up (just with my head back a little), and fall back asleep that way, eventually. That's all I have for you.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses