coughing attacks at night time

mamerth

I found out this past week that if I can keep my sinuses cleared out it helped the cough. I relied on my trusty bottle of Vicks. I agree with the lying on your tummy thing that bagged2drag said. I did the recliner sleeping as well or heavy propped up in bed. I sleep propped up all the time (lung bleeds).

mamerth

I found out this past week that if I can keep my sinuses cleared out it helped the cough. I relied on my trusty bottle of Vicks. I agree with the lying on your tummy thing that bagged2drag said. I did the recliner sleeping as well or heavy propped up in bed. I sleep propped up all the time (lung bleeds).

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

A

Aspiemom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Darinsmom</b></i>

Aspiemom,

Could my son who is 10 be able to try the tea? Sun thru Tues. he has had coughinh fits at night. He slept propped up and I gave him his treatments. He usually has these fits for 2-3 hrs. I guess he would be too young for nyquil? The pretzels is a good idea. I didn't realize that could help. His Dr. put him on pretizone (sp?) steroid.

Thanks for the good ideas everyone.

Laurie</end quote></div>

Yes, he can drink it. I suggested it to another Mom on here - I forget who - who's little boy was having a problem and she gave him some and said it really helped. There was an instant brand a former dr. used to sell me that was fantastic and fast, but I can't find another instant that I like. So I use a steeping tea and my favorite is <b><u>Long Life Organic Ginger Blend Tea</u></b>. I put a coffee cup of water in the micro for 2 min. H, put in the bag & cover w/ a saucer for 5 min., then squeeze the bag and start sipping. The stronger it is, the more helpful. If you look in a healthfood store for it, look for a <b>bright red box</b>, or you can order some online.

Some kids prefer the Ginger Apple Chews over tea. You can feel the ginger working in your throat almost like little scrubbing bubbles. My son likes them like candy, so I know many kids would like the flavor.

I used to think the pretzels helped because they'd scratch the itch, but I now realize that it was the salt helping the stuff that was sticking in my throat. It is also very helpful to gargle with warm salt water just before going to bed. Another dr. recommendation that helps, but try the tea, too.

Acid reflux can also be a cause of the problem.

Oh, <u>speaking of teas</u>!!!! I saw a tip on the Long Life website I'd never heard before. If you don't want caffeine and your only tea in your cupboard is caffeine, they say to run boiling water over the tea bag and after 20 seconds pour water out, refill with hot water and steep. It removes most of the caffeine. Cool, huh?

A

Aspiemom

Aspiemom,

Could my son who is 10 be able to try the tea? Sun thru Tues. he has had coughinh fits at night. He slept propped up and I gave him his treatments. He usually has these fits for 2-3 hrs. I guess he would be too young for nyquil? The pretzels is a good idea. I didn't realize that could help. His Dr. put him on pretizone (sp?) steroid.

Laurie</end quote></div>

Yes, he can drink it. I suggested it to another Mom on here - I forget who - who's little boy was having a problem and she gave him some and said it really helped. There was an instant brand a former dr. used to sell me that was fantastic and fast, but I can't find another instant that I like. So I use a steeping tea and my favorite is <b><u>Long Life Organic Ginger Blend Tea</u></b>. I put a coffee cup of water in the micro for 2 min. H, put in the bag & cover w/ a saucer for 5 min., then squeeze the bag and start sipping. The stronger it is, the more helpful. If you look in a healthfood store for it, look for a <b>bright red box</b>, or you can order some online.

Some kids prefer the Ginger Apple Chews over tea. You can feel the ginger working in your throat almost like little scrubbing bubbles. My son likes them like candy, so I know many kids would like the flavor.

I used to think the pretzels helped because they'd scratch the itch, but I now realize that it was the salt helping the stuff that was sticking in my throat. It is also very helpful to gargle with warm salt water just before going to bed. Another dr. recommendation that helps, but try the tea, too.

Oh, <u>speaking of teas</u>!!!! I saw a tip on the Long Life website I'd never heard before. If you don't want caffeine and your only tea in your cupboard is caffeine, they say to run boiling water over the tea bag and after 20 seconds pour water out, refill with hot water and steep. It removes most of the caffeine. Cool, huh?

A

Aspiemom

Aspiemom,

Laurie</end quote></div>

A

Aspiemom

Aspiemom,

Laurie</end quote>

A

Aspiemom

Aspiemom,

Laurie</end quote>

Grendel

When I can't sleep due to coughing, I make a 4-5 bag cup of Chamomile tea, with a little honey. One or two cups of this and I stop coughing and sleep.

Good Luck!!
Grendel

Grendel

When I can't sleep due to coughing, I make a 4-5 bag cup of Chamomile tea, with a little honey. One or two cups of this and I stop coughing and sleep.

Good Luck!!
Grendel

Grendel

Good Luck!!
Grendel

Grendel

Good Luck!!
Grendel

Grendel

Good Luck!!
Grendel