Diagnosed age.

Kristen

I was a baby, can't remember how young. One of my best friends was diagnosed at 30. A lot of people aren't diagnosed until later is because they don't show a lot of the classic symptoms, or don't start showing them until later in life.

The only reason I was tested was because I tasted salty - the doctors told my parents it wasn't necessary because "there was no way I had CF", but my mom wanted piece of mind. I don't know if my parents or the doctors were more shocked when the results came in.

Kristen

I was a baby, can't remember how young. One of my best friends was diagnosed at 30. A lot of people aren't diagnosed until later is because they don't show a lot of the classic symptoms, or don't start showing them until later in life.

The only reason I was tested was because I tasted salty - the doctors told my parents it wasn't necessary because "there was no way I had CF", but my mom wanted piece of mind. I don't know if my parents or the doctors were more shocked when the results came in.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />The only reason I was tested was because I tasted salty - the doctors told my parents it wasn't necessary because "there was no way I had CF", but my mom wanted piece of mind. I don't know if my parents or the doctors were more shocked when the results came in.

Brad

I was DXed at 8 years old, when my then 19 year old Brother was DXed.

It took My Mother Years to get Docs to Test Us. Even though
I had many lung infections as a Baby as well as My Brother.
She knew a cpl years before the Docs did.

They called my Mother a Over protective Mom.
This was 1965 when Doctors didn't like to be questioned.

CF screening is part of New Born Testing here in Virginia Now.

Brad

Brad

Brad

Brad

<br />
<br /> It took My Mother Years to get Docs to Test Us. Even though
<br /> I had many lung infections as a Baby as well as My Brother.
<br /> She knew a cpl years before the Docs did.
<br />
<br /> They called my Mother a Over protective Mom.
<br /> This was 1965 when Doctors didn't like to be questioned.
<br />
<br /> CF screening is part of New Born Testing here in Virginia Now.
<br />