Diagnosed age.

robert321

i was 14 when i was diagnosed, a few months prior i had been around a bunch of smoke from a really nasty fire and was sicker than a dog and thats what it took before they finally found it
almost every state is doing cf screening at birth these days... ::nudge, nudge, texas legistlatures...:: sure would be nice if we could those last 2 states to join in...

robert321

i was 14 when i was diagnosed, a few months prior i had been around a bunch of smoke from a really nasty fire and was sicker than a dog and thats what it took before they finally found it
almost every state is doing cf screening at birth these days... ::nudge, nudge, texas legistlatures...:: sure would be nice if we could those last 2 states to join in...

robert321

robert321

robert321

<br />almost every state is doing cf screening at birth these days... ::nudge, nudge, texas legistlatures...:: sure would be nice if we could those last 2 states to join in...

A

alegris

I was diagnosed at 8. Doctors thought I just had asthma. Then I had an intestinal obstruction at 8 so they started looking futher into my health and voila, CF.

A

alegris

I was diagnosed at 8. Doctors thought I just had asthma. Then I had an intestinal obstruction at 8 so they started looking futher into my health and voila, CF.

A

alegris

A

alegris

A

alegris

Justsmurfin

i was diagnosed at 16 although I showed symptoms my whole life and did indeed almost die before getting diagnosed.

I also had multiple other issues as a small child...which a) kept my doctors and parents busy b) had some of the same symptoms as CF.

For instance I had awful food allergies...dairy products, eggs, pecans etc. So I couldn't eat a whole lot...I lived on lean meat and vegetables..no fast food or really fatty food because most of that stuff had allergens in it. Therefore I was skinny and also because of my diet didn't show a lot of symptoms of malabsorption though I did show some.

Because of my history of food allergies when I started having sinus and lung issues it was blamed on enviromental allergies and asthma...even when allergy tests came back negative.

It wasn't until all treatments had been exhausted and I was still sick...deathly ill at that point that more indepth testing was done...CF, immune system work up, A1AT etc etc.

CF is good at masquerading! And its symptoms are pretty common and easily diagnosed as other things.

When you hear hoof beats think horse not zebras! is what I hear a lot of doctors say and CF is a zebra!

Justsmurfin

i was diagnosed at 16 although I showed symptoms my whole life and did indeed almost die before getting diagnosed.

I also had multiple other issues as a small child...which a) kept my doctors and parents busy b) had some of the same symptoms as CF.

For instance I had awful food allergies...dairy products, eggs, pecans etc. So I couldn't eat a whole lot...I lived on lean meat and vegetables..no fast food or really fatty food because most of that stuff had allergens in it. Therefore I was skinny and also because of my diet didn't show a lot of symptoms of malabsorption though I did show some.

Because of my history of food allergies when I started having sinus and lung issues it was blamed on enviromental allergies and asthma...even when allergy tests came back negative.

It wasn't until all treatments had been exhausted and I was still sick...deathly ill at that point that more indepth testing was done...CF, immune system work up, A1AT etc etc.

CF is good at masquerading! And its symptoms are pretty common and easily diagnosed as other things.

When you hear hoof beats think horse not zebras! is what I hear a lot of doctors say and CF is a zebra!

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

<br />
<br />I also had multiple other issues as a small child...which a) kept my doctors and parents busy b) had some of the same symptoms as CF.
<br />
<br />For instance I had awful food allergies...dairy products, eggs, pecans etc. So I couldn't eat a whole lot...I lived on lean meat and vegetables..no fast food or really fatty food because most of that stuff had allergens in it. Therefore I was skinny and also because of my diet didn't show a lot of symptoms of malabsorption though I did show some.
<br />
<br />Because of my history of food allergies when I started having sinus and lung issues it was blamed on enviromental allergies and asthma...even when allergy tests came back negative.
<br />
<br />It wasn't until all treatments had been exhausted and I was still sick...deathly ill at that point that more indepth testing was done...CF, immune system work up, A1AT etc etc.
<br />
<br />CF is good at masquerading! And its symptoms are pretty common and easily diagnosed as other things.
<br />
<br />When you hear hoof beats think horse not zebras! is what I hear a lot of doctors say and CF is a zebra!
<br />