Diaper Rash worse for CF babies???

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We used a paste called criticaid made by baza or sween. It was a triple paste made for adults with incontinence issues. It formed a thick barrier that protected his butt and wouldn't come off unless washed off. You could check your pharmacy for a triple paste -- I have used boudroux's butt paste, but it wasn't as thick. Regular ointment just didn't work for him.

Have you tried anti-red monkey butt powder? Believe it has calamine in it.

Another thing to consider is, could your child possibly have a yeast infection on his butt and may needs a different kind of ointment for that.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We used a paste called criticaid made by baza or sween. It was a triple paste made for adults with incontinence issues. It formed a thick barrier that protected his butt and wouldn't come off unless washed off. You could check your pharmacy for a triple paste -- I have used boudroux's butt paste, but it wasn't as thick. Regular ointment just didn't work for him.

Another thing to consider is, could your child possibly have a yeast infection on his butt and may needs a different kind of ointment for that.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Have you tried anti-red monkey butt powder? Believe it has calamine in it.
<br />
<br />Another thing to consider is, could your child possibly have a yeast infection on his butt and may needs a different kind of ointment for that.

debs2girls

Jen, the only thing that worked for my cf'er was Butt Paste. The dr gave us some Triple Paste that worked somewhat, but we couldnt find it anywhere. The Butt Paste you can get locally at May's, Drug Warehouse or Walgreen's and I thing Wal-Mart carries it now too.
Good luck...I am just a couple of towns over, if you ever need a shoulder or an ear...let me know.

debs2girls

Jen, the only thing that worked for my cf'er was Butt Paste. The dr gave us some Triple Paste that worked somewhat, but we couldnt find it anywhere. The Butt Paste you can get locally at May's, Drug Warehouse or Walgreen's and I thing Wal-Mart carries it now too.
Good luck...I am just a couple of towns over, if you ever need a shoulder or an ear...let me know.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

<br />Good luck...I am just a couple of towns over, if you ever need a shoulder or an ear...let me know.
<br />

JazzysMom

Have you had the doctor check his rash? The reason I ask is my daughter (no CF) had a terrible diaper rash that I kept using the traditional meds on & nothing worked.

I finally took her to the pediatrician & it ended up being a fungal issue. I had to use a fungal cream in additon to the other cream. By then it spread down her legs & she was a mess....

Just a thought!

JazzysMom

Have you had the doctor check his rash? The reason I ask is my daughter (no CF) had a terrible diaper rash that I kept using the traditional meds on & nothing worked.

I finally took her to the pediatrician & it ended up being a fungal issue. I had to use a fungal cream in additon to the other cream. By then it spread down her legs & she was a mess....

Just a thought!

JazzysMom

Just a thought!

JazzysMom

Just a thought!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I finally took her to the pediatrician & it ended up being a fungal issue. I had to use a fungal cream in additon to the other cream. By then it spread down her legs & she was a mess....
<br />
<br />Just a thought!

M

Mommy2Zeke

He just saw the doc this week and the doc said it was traditional diaper rash due to him stooling so much. It does get better from one day to the next, but then gets worse again depending on how much he stools.

M

Mommy2Zeke

He just saw the doc this week and the doc said it was traditional diaper rash due to him stooling so much. It does get better from one day to the next, but then gets worse again depending on how much he stools.

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke