Diaper Rash worse for CF babies???

JosephinesMommy

How are you giving him his enzymes? Our daughter got a horrific diaper rash when she was first born due to the small amount of applesauce that the doctors suggested we give her the enzymes in. Once we stopped that everything was better. Her skin is now very sensitive and we put A&D on her butt at every change.

JosephinesMommy

How are you giving him his enzymes? Our daughter got a horrific diaper rash when she was first born due to the small amount of applesauce that the doctors suggested we give her the enzymes in. Once we stopped that everything was better. Her skin is now very sensitive and we put A&D on her butt at every change.

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

M

Mommy2Zeke

We give them with a little bit of rice cereal. I stopped applesauce for the most part because I suspected the acidity could be making it worse.

M

Mommy2Zeke

We give them with a little bit of rice cereal. I stopped applesauce for the most part because I suspected the acidity could be making it worse.

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

JosephinesMommy

I will give you my secret!

I pour the enzymes in a dixie cup that way I can have a few "doses" ready to go.

I mix a concentrate of 1 oz of BM with a full scoop of formula. I use approx 5ml of the concentrate to wash the enzymes down that I pour in her mouth. (since you are no longer BF you could mix 1 oz of water with a 1.5 scoops of formula)

I got a great syringe that is 5 ml out of the "little tummies Gripe water"

Doing this technique helped my DD to gain weight better too as she was getting a extra dosage of calories at each meal as she is breast fed. Her dietician is now passing my technique onto others!

JosephinesMommy

I pour the enzymes in a dixie cup that way I can have a few "doses" ready to go.

I mix a concentrate of 1 oz of BM with a full scoop of formula. I use approx 5ml of the concentrate to wash the enzymes down that I pour in her mouth. (since you are no longer BF you could mix 1 oz of water with a 1.5 scoops of formula)

Doing this technique helped my DD to gain weight better too as she was getting a extra dosage of calories at each meal as she is breast fed. Her dietician is now passing my technique onto others!

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

<br />
<br />I pour the enzymes in a dixie cup that way I can have a few "doses" ready to go.
<br />
<br />I mix a concentrate of 1 oz of BM with a full scoop of formula. I use approx 5ml of the concentrate to wash the enzymes down that I pour in her mouth. (since you are no longer BF you could mix 1 oz of water with a 1.5 scoops of formula)
<br />
<br />I got a great syringe that is 5 ml out of the "little tummies Gripe water"
<br />
<br />Doing this technique helped my DD to gain weight better too as she was getting a extra dosage of calories at each meal as she is breast fed. Her dietician is now passing my technique onto others!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's my understanding that enzymes should be given with something acidic like applesauce, pears, bananas and not a dairy product, which can cause them to break down much sooner.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's my understanding that enzymes should be given with something acidic like applesauce, pears, bananas and not a dairy product, which can cause them to break down much sooner.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member