Diaper Rash worse for CF babies???

M

Mommy2Zeke

Our doc just recommended A&D ointment...which really didn't do anything special. The triple paste seems to be doing the trick along with airing out his behind. :)

M

Mommy2Zeke

Our doc just recommended A&D ointment...which really didn't do anything special. The triple paste seems to be doing the trick along with airing out his behind. :)

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

M

Mommy2Zeke

ashmomo

When my daughter had bad rashes, the doctor prescribed Magic Butt Cream. You could ask about that with your doctor if the Triple Paste stops doing the trick.

ashmomo

When my daughter had bad rashes, the doctor prescribed Magic Butt Cream. You could ask about that with your doctor if the Triple Paste stops doing the trick.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

babyluke

Everyone has already given great advice about the rash--we also had good results with the triple paste and/or barrier creams. I just wanted to say that I had the breast feeding issues, too. Before we were even diagnosed the dr. wanted us to switch to bottles to be able to measure how much Luke was getting, so I started pumping. At first I got nothing--literally not even an ounce. But I kept with it and ended up with a freezer full of milk. But ironically, they still wanted Luke switched to formula because we could concetrate the formula to higher calories. We were buying a fortifier for my breast milk, but it was so, so expensive and our insurance would not pay for it. I still mixed in the breast milk with the formula--I wasn't going to waste it, that is for sure. It was torture to get that milk until I got a good supply going. But by the end, I could pump an 8 oz. bottle in 10 minutes flat. So, either way don't stress about it. If you feel like you want to keep pumping, I just thought I would encourage you by telling you that my milk suppy did pick up. But I am not sure I would go to the expense of the milk bank, because the formula is fine. It is an adjustment for them to go to formula, but it will be fine. And congratulations on your precious baby.

babyluke

Everyone has already given great advice about the rash--we also had good results with the triple paste and/or barrier creams. I just wanted to say that I had the breast feeding issues, too. Before we were even diagnosed the dr. wanted us to switch to bottles to be able to measure how much Luke was getting, so I started pumping. At first I got nothing--literally not even an ounce. But I kept with it and ended up with a freezer full of milk. But ironically, they still wanted Luke switched to formula because we could concetrate the formula to higher calories. We were buying a fortifier for my breast milk, but it was so, so expensive and our insurance would not pay for it. I still mixed in the breast milk with the formula--I wasn't going to waste it, that is for sure. It was torture to get that milk until I got a good supply going. But by the end, I could pump an 8 oz. bottle in 10 minutes flat. So, either way don't stress about it. If you feel like you want to keep pumping, I just thought I would encourage you by telling you that my milk suppy did pick up. But I am not sure I would go to the expense of the milk bank, because the formula is fine. It is an adjustment for them to go to formula, but it will be fine. And congratulations on your precious baby.

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke