Diaper Rash worse for CF babies???

crickit715

what the last person wrote is correct....it reads in all literature on cff.org under nutrition-for the toddler/infant--that enzymes need to be taken with a small amount of baby fruit or applesauce.. the acidic fruit help the enzyme to not "break down" too soon...otherwise, the enzymes are not really helping at all. any doc who would recommend otherwise i would refer back to the actual pamphet that is downloadable on cff.org stating how the enzymes should be taken properly.

crickit715

what the last person wrote is correct....it reads in all literature on cff.org under nutrition-for the toddler/infant--that enzymes need to be taken with a small amount of baby fruit or applesauce.. the acidic fruit help the enzyme to not "break down" too soon...otherwise, the enzymes are not really helping at all. any doc who would recommend otherwise i would refer back to the actual pamphet that is downloadable on cff.org stating how the enzymes should be taken properly.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

yellowitchgrl

The breastfeeding may be a concern because formula is harder to process, HOWEVER (and I'm assuming you use disposables) what I found is that my son is allergic to all the chemicals in disposable diapers. When I switched him to cloth diapers, rashes cleared up, but if I even use 1 disposable wipe, he's bleeding and ***** again.

google: bumgenius

If you think about starting cloth diapers (which I find to be easier and cheaper and so much better on my baby's skin) then email me and I'll help you get started. yellowitchgrl@gmail.com

yellowitchgrl

The breastfeeding may be a concern because formula is harder to process, HOWEVER (and I'm assuming you use disposables) what I found is that my son is allergic to all the chemicals in disposable diapers. When I switched him to cloth diapers, rashes cleared up, but if I even use 1 disposable wipe, he's bleeding and ***** again.

If you think about starting cloth diapers (which I find to be easier and cheaper and so much better on my baby's skin) then email me and I'll help you get started. yellowitchgrl@gmail.com

yellowitchgrl

yellowitchgrl

yellowitchgrl

<br />
<br />google: bumgenius
<br />
<br />If you think about starting cloth diapers (which I find to be easier and cheaper and so much better on my baby's skin) then email me and I'll help you get started. yellowitchgrl@gmail.com

datca1994

Hello, my son, now 2.5, suffered terrible rashes for the first 3 months. Though the red flag for CF came up on the newborn screening test, but was confirmed a very long 3 months later. As soon he started enzymes it cleared away. Our doctor explained the main cause for rashes as malnutrician & vitamin difficency. If your son is on enzymes and still suffering these rashes have you considered a feeding tube? My son was placed on an NG tube (through the nose---we learned to insert it at home for the days it comes out) about 5 months ago. There are times I wish they had put him on the NG tube when he was a few months old instead of now that he is 2 so he could have caught up on the curve sooner.

Good luck and congratulations on being a new mom!

April

datca1994

Hello, my son, now 2.5, suffered terrible rashes for the first 3 months. Though the red flag for CF came up on the newborn screening test, but was confirmed a very long 3 months later. As soon he started enzymes it cleared away. Our doctor explained the main cause for rashes as malnutrician & vitamin difficency. If your son is on enzymes and still suffering these rashes have you considered a feeding tube? My son was placed on an NG tube (through the nose---we learned to insert it at home for the days it comes out) about 5 months ago. There are times I wish they had put him on the NG tube when he was a few months old instead of now that he is 2 so he could have caught up on the curve sooner.

April

datca1994

April

datca1994

April

datca1994

<br />
<br />Good luck and congratulations on being a new mom!
<br />
<br />April

JosephinesMommy

In regards to the acidic food and taking the enzymes. I took that up with both the CF doctor and the dietician and they assured me that it was fine to take it that way. It was not advised to mix the enzymes with something alkaline like pudding or yogurt but just swallowing it is fine. I have seen instances where parents dipped the bottle nipple in the enzymes and put the bottle in the babies mouth. Just thought I would share another way to give the enzymes that has worked well for us.

JosephinesMommy

In regards to the acidic food and taking the enzymes. I took that up with both the CF doctor and the dietician and they assured me that it was fine to take it that way. It was not advised to mix the enzymes with something alkaline like pudding or yogurt but just swallowing it is fine. I have seen instances where parents dipped the bottle nipple in the enzymes and put the bottle in the babies mouth. Just thought I would share another way to give the enzymes that has worked well for us.

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy