Do I stay or do I go?

OperaMama

get your support team: you need to be surrounded by people who believe in you and respect your feelings and point of view. Even if we have idiosyncracies, we all need validation and divorce is a big INvalidation. As to the CF aspect of it, I don't know more than the usual state help/social worker/lawyer set of rules....

Good luck to you in keeping your spirits from depression.....

OperaMama

get your support team: you need to be surrounded by people who believe in you and respect your feelings and point of view. Even if we have idiosyncracies, we all need validation and divorce is a big INvalidation. As to the CF aspect of it, I don't know more than the usual state help/social worker/lawyer set of rules....

OperaMama

OperaMama

mum2kj

I'm so sorry your going through this right now. ~~HUGS~~

I hope you have family and friends who are willing to help.

I left my ex when Kj was 2 /12yrs old,

My mum lived thousands of km's away the other side of Australia. I was lucky she traveled over to help me and even paid for the truck for my furniture.

I lived with my mum and dad for a couple of months while they helped me find a flat near them. For furniture ect.. the salvation army helped to set me up.

Getting help from charity places would be a good way to help you with necessities and to get started.

I hope it all works out well for you!!

mum2kj

My mum lived thousands of km's away the other side of Australia. I was lucky she traveled over to help me and even paid for the truck for my furniture.

I lived with my mum and dad for a couple of months while they helped me find a flat near them. For furniture ect.. the salvation army helped to set me up.

Getting help from charity places would be a good way to help you with necessities and to get started.

mum2kj

mum2kj

mum2kj

mum2kj

65rosessamurai

OUCH! Kelli!
I can relate to your situation 100%
I made all the money, but the ex controlled ALL of it, and I made the mistake of getting out of the marriage with as much as I possibly could...my clothes, my stereo and computers, my Radio Controlled cars (basically), and only one measly bank account! However, I suspect she had been hiding a lot from me...even a possible boyfriend/girlfriend in the background (She'd also make these long trips to Tokyo Disneyland, etc., never be home when I came home), along with secrets like where'd my personal stuff go that I brought from the states and where's our 10 years of savings and my big bonuses went! Without a lawyer, all those are unsolved mysteries!
She scammed me into giving her my 50% of the deed before the divorce was final...after the divorce, I found if I gave her the deed after it was finalized, I'd receive about $3,000 in tax or profit return!!
My suggestion would be to spend a consultation fee and find a good lawyer. I hate lawyers, too, but it is more dangerous to excercise your rights without representation, in my opinion.
Of course this is all under the idea that everything comes under "irreconcilable differences". I spent at least a good portion of the marriage (at least 5 years) to make it work, but took my losses in the end when she had misguided me to proper medical treatment!
Good luck, and if you have any questions, etc, feel free to PM me if you feel comfortable with that.
Fred

65rosessamurai

OUCH! Kelli!
I made all the money, but the ex controlled ALL of it, and I made the mistake of getting out of the marriage with as much as I possibly could...my clothes, my stereo and computers, my Radio Controlled cars (basically), and only one measly bank account! However, I suspect she had been hiding a lot from me...even a possible boyfriend/girlfriend in the background (She'd also make these long trips to Tokyo Disneyland, etc., never be home when I came home), along with secrets like where'd my personal stuff go that I brought from the states and where's our 10 years of savings and my big bonuses went! Without a lawyer, all those are unsolved mysteries!
She scammed me into giving her my 50% of the deed before the divorce was final...after the divorce, I found if I gave her the deed after it was finalized, I'd receive about $3,000 in tax or profit return!!
My suggestion would be to spend a consultation fee and find a good lawyer. I hate lawyers, too, but it is more dangerous to excercise your rights without representation, in my opinion.
Of course this is all under the idea that everything comes under "irreconcilable differences". I spent at least a good portion of the marriage (at least 5 years) to make it work, but took my losses in the end when she had misguided me to proper medical treatment!
Good luck, and if you have any questions, etc, feel free to PM me if you feel comfortable with that.
Fred

65rosessamurai

OUCH! Kelli!
Fred

65rosessamurai

OUCH! Kelli!
Fred

65rosessamurai

OUCH! Kelli!
Fred

65rosessamurai

OUCH! Kelli!
Fred

blindhearted

I have no additional advice to give. I hate that you are going through this. If you feel this is what you should do in your heart, then do it. You will be fine. Do you have health insurance through him? If you divorce what happens with that? You might qualify for Medicaid, since his income wouldnt count. I'm really not sure about all that stuff, maybe someone else would be more helpful. As Terri said, talk to a lawyer, maybe one that offers free consults. Surround yourself with family and friends, probably ones that arent too associated with him. Good luck with everything. ((Hugz))

blindhearted

I have no additional advice to give. I hate that you are going through this. If you feel this is what you should do in your heart, then do it. You will be fine. Do you have health insurance through him? If you divorce what happens with that? You might qualify for Medicaid, since his income wouldnt count. I'm really not sure about all that stuff, maybe someone else would be more helpful. As Terri said, talk to a lawyer, maybe one that offers free consults. Surround yourself with family and friends, probably ones that arent too associated with him. Good luck with everything. ((Hugz))

blindhearted

blindhearted