Do you need a cathiter to pee?

sk8rgrrrl4life

I suppose the cathiter idea doesn't bother me <u>as much</u> it still does but however my BIGGEST concern is the scar and a picc line because i've been through about five picc lines my last two being the worst experince of my life, where i refuse to get a picc line and i rather stay the two weeks in the hospital. what if i go into the surgery with a central line like the picc line that lasts years because i'm thinking about getting that i don't have it yet, because i'm afraid of how i'll look with it and the scar it'll create and the risk of infection and the fact that i'm not done "growing" so when i "grow" it would have to be taken out and another one put back in which i see as a waste. The chest tubes frighten me though alot like are they as thick as the vest tubes that you use when your doing the vest or are they like the tube the iv machine drips medicine in. sorry for all these questions i'm just scared to death of getting surgery.

and to summer's question i don't believe i need a tx any time soon i just like to be ahead of the game and i worry alot.

sk8rgrrrl4life

I suppose the cathiter idea doesn't bother me <u>as much</u> it still does but however my BIGGEST concern is the scar and a picc line because i've been through about five picc lines my last two being the worst experince of my life, where i refuse to get a picc line and i rather stay the two weeks in the hospital. what if i go into the surgery with a central line like the picc line that lasts years because i'm thinking about getting that i don't have it yet, because i'm afraid of how i'll look with it and the scar it'll create and the risk of infection and the fact that i'm not done "growing" so when i "grow" it would have to be taken out and another one put back in which i see as a waste. The chest tubes frighten me though alot like are they as thick as the vest tubes that you use when your doing the vest or are they like the tube the iv machine drips medicine in. sorry for all these questions i'm just scared to death of getting surgery.

and to summer's question i don't believe i need a tx any time soon i just like to be ahead of the game and i worry alot.

sk8rgrrrl4life

sk8rgrrrl4life

sk8rgrrrl4life

PedsNP2007

Alyssa,
I am sorry you are having a hard time processing the different entities associated with a double lung transplant. This is one of the most complex surgeries that can be performed. It is not to be entered into lightly without thinking it through. So it is good you are questioning what happens post-transplant.

The way I look at it though... My quality of life is of upmost importance. To be as sick as these women have posted, I would seek a way to change that, which would be a transplant. As much as we hope it will be a pleasant experience, it's not. From what I gathered, there are several very difficult few days to deal with in order to get to the better days. And those better days, according to these women, are beyond incredible and unimaginable.

I know it is hard when you are 16 years old and don't want to be different than others (ie. scars from surgery, picc line, etc). However, given a declining health, I'd rather suffer through the transplant and deal with the aftermath of the surgical incision. I'm sure you can understand that.

That surgical line you are talking about -- are you referring to the port placement? I have one and it's actually pretty nice. I've never heard of an adolescent needing to replace it due to additional growth. I could see a toddler needing a new one after doing a majority of growth.

Good luck :)

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Alyssa,
I am sorry you are having a hard time processing the different entities associated with a double lung transplant. This is one of the most complex surgeries that can be performed. It is not to be entered into lightly without thinking it through. So it is good you are questioning what happens post-transplant.

The way I look at it though... My quality of life is of upmost importance. To be as sick as these women have posted, I would seek a way to change that, which would be a transplant. As much as we hope it will be a pleasant experience, it's not. From what I gathered, there are several very difficult few days to deal with in order to get to the better days. And those better days, according to these women, are beyond incredible and unimaginable.

I know it is hard when you are 16 years old and don't want to be different than others (ie. scars from surgery, picc line, etc). However, given a declining health, I'd rather suffer through the transplant and deal with the aftermath of the surgical incision. I'm sure you can understand that.

That surgical line you are talking about -- are you referring to the port placement? I have one and it's actually pretty nice. I've never heard of an adolescent needing to replace it due to additional growth. I could see a toddler needing a new one after doing a majority of growth.

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Alyssa,

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Alyssa,

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Alyssa,
<br />I am sorry you are having a hard time processing the different entities associated with a double lung transplant. This is one of the most complex surgeries that can be performed. It is not to be entered into lightly without thinking it through. So it is good you are questioning what happens post-transplant.
<br />
<br />The way I look at it though... My quality of life is of upmost importance. To be as sick as these women have posted, I would seek a way to change that, which would be a transplant. As much as we hope it will be a pleasant experience, it's not. From what I gathered, there are several very difficult few days to deal with in order to get to the better days. And those better days, according to these women, are beyond incredible and unimaginable.
<br />
<br />I know it is hard when you are 16 years old and don't want to be different than others (ie. scars from surgery, picc line, etc). However, given a declining health, I'd rather suffer through the transplant and deal with the aftermath of the surgical incision. I'm sure you can understand that.
<br />
<br />That surgical line you are talking about -- are you referring to the port placement? I have one and it's actually pretty nice. I've never heard of an adolescent needing to replace it due to additional growth. I could see a toddler needing a new one after doing a majority of growth.
<br />
<br />Good luck :)
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />30 yo cf

sk8rgrrrl4life

I heard from someone who went through this problem that after her breasts grew because she wasn't done growing she had to get her port taken out and replaced.

sk8rgrrrl4life

I heard from someone who went through this problem that after her breasts grew because she wasn't done growing she had to get her port taken out and replaced.

sk8rgrrrl4life

sk8rgrrrl4life

sk8rgrrrl4life