Do you work full time?

rubyroselee

I work full time in the medical field. I also have 2 kids under the age of 2 and I'm going to school for my master's. Sometimes I think I might have a little TOO much on my plate. Although besides being tired at the moment, my health is doing just fine.

I think the key for me is having a schedule. I can manage all my stuff if I stay on the schedule and I tend to get a little crabby when the shedule doesn't go as planned.

Totally not enough hours in the day!

rubyroselee

I work full time in the medical field. I also have 2 kids under the age of 2 and I'm going to school for my master's. Sometimes I think I might have a little TOO much on my plate. Although besides being tired at the moment, my health is doing just fine.

I think the key for me is having a schedule. I can manage all my stuff if I stay on the schedule and I tend to get a little crabby when the shedule doesn't go as planned.

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

<br />
<br />I think the key for me is having a schedule. I can manage all my stuff if I stay on the schedule and I tend to get a little crabby when the shedule doesn't go as planned.
<br />
<br />Totally not enough hours in the day!

Orionbiker

I work full time as well.
But my work has enable me to have the time to do the things i need to do.
I work as a first aid attendant on an Oil Rig in Northern BC, Canada.
I am on call, so if there are no accidents. I am sitting in my trailer doing my physio, having a nap, or exercising. So for me its just a waiting game. Which has been great for my health.
Before I was a Plumber which is not a great career for someone with CF, I was having infections every 3-4 months and My PFT's were suffering and Lungs.

Orionbiker

I am on call, so if there are no accidents. I am sitting in my trailer doing my physio, having a nap, or exercising. So for me its just a waiting game. Which has been great for my health.
Before I was a Plumber which is not a great career for someone with CF, I was having infections every 3-4 months and My PFT's were suffering and Lungs.

Orionbiker

Orionbiker

Orionbiker

<br />But my work has enable me to have the time to do the things i need to do.
<br />I work as a first aid attendant on an Oil Rig in Northern BC, Canada.
<br />I am on call, so if there are no accidents. I am sitting in my trailer doing my physio, having a nap, or exercising. So for me its just a waiting game. Which has been great for my health.
<br />Before I was a Plumber which is not a great career for someone with CF, I was having infections every 3-4 months and My PFT's were suffering and Lungs.
<br />

Kristen

I'm so glad you asked this. Overall, my health is really good. However, I work full time and am still always a stress case! I agree that there is just not enough time to fit in treatments, exercise, work, commuting, sleep, and having a life. The having a life part is what usually suffers. One thing that I have a hard time with at my job is getting people to understand that I just can't work more than 40 hours a week because I don't have the time - On colistin months, once I'm done with an 8 hour work day, an hour workout, and all my treatments, and eating dinner, it's about an hour before bedtime, and it would be nice to be able to spend at least some time with my husband. I actually used to work more than 40 hours a week and had mini nervous breakdowns all the time, until I finally quit and now work for the government, where the demands are significantly lower.

The other thing that is hard for me is the issue of sick time - I get 12 days, which is a LOT compared to most jobs, but I always use it all and then some. I am home with bronchitis right now, and I currently have zero sick time because I used it all between various doctor appointments, having the flu in the spring, and having sinus surgery a few weeks ago. So I don't know what I am going to do. Does anyone else have this problem?

Kristen

I'm so glad you asked this. Overall, my health is really good. However, I work full time and am still always a stress case! I agree that there is just not enough time to fit in treatments, exercise, work, commuting, sleep, and having a life. The having a life part is what usually suffers. One thing that I have a hard time with at my job is getting people to understand that I just can't work more than 40 hours a week because I don't have the time - On colistin months, once I'm done with an 8 hour work day, an hour workout, and all my treatments, and eating dinner, it's about an hour before bedtime, and it would be nice to be able to spend at least some time with my husband. I actually used to work more than 40 hours a week and had mini nervous breakdowns all the time, until I finally quit and now work for the government, where the demands are significantly lower.

The other thing that is hard for me is the issue of sick time - I get 12 days, which is a LOT compared to most jobs, but I always use it all and then some. I am home with bronchitis right now, and I currently have zero sick time because I used it all between various doctor appointments, having the flu in the spring, and having sinus surgery a few weeks ago. So I don't know what I am going to do. Does anyone else have this problem?

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />The other thing that is hard for me is the issue of sick time - I get 12 days, which is a LOT compared to most jobs, but I always use it all and then some. I am home with bronchitis right now, and I currently have zero sick time because I used it all between various doctor appointments, having the flu in the spring, and having sinus surgery a few weeks ago. So I don't know what I am going to do. Does anyone else have this problem?