Does anyone know of this group?

AnD

There is a big difference between offending/amusing and actually causing harm. I dare say, most people on the internet haven't ever even heard of the Onion, and if they googled cf fundraising and got this, that could be an issue.

Not all satire is good satire.

AnD

There is a big difference between offending/amusing and actually causing harm. I dare say, most people on the internet haven't ever even heard of the Onion, and if they googled cf fundraising and got this, that could be an issue.

AnD

AnD

AnD

<br />
<br />Not all satire is good satire.

malay13

I actually have 2 points to make. Number, this was a very UNFUNNY article. I've been reading the Onion for years and some of the stuff is pretty hilarious, but this is just truly not funny. I'm not saying that just because it's CF, as you could have inserted any disease in it's pace and it still wouldn't have been funny.

The 2nd point is I can't believe people would even be fooled for a second on this. The Onion has been arguably the most popular satirical webzine in the past 10 years. It has spawned a TV show and Movie coming out in 2008.www.imdb.com/title/tt0392878/

Very Poor Humour YES!
Believable at all....NO!

Ron

malay13

I actually have 2 points to make. Number, this was a very UNFUNNY article. I've been reading the Onion for years and some of the stuff is pretty hilarious, but this is just truly not funny. I'm not saying that just because it's CF, as you could have inserted any disease in it's pace and it still wouldn't have been funny.

The 2nd point is I can't believe people would even be fooled for a second on this. The Onion has been arguably the most popular satirical webzine in the past 10 years. It has spawned a TV show and Movie coming out in 2008.www.imdb.com/title/tt0392878/

Very Poor Humour YES!
Believable at all....NO!

Ron

malay13

Very Poor Humour YES!
Believable at all....NO!

Ron

malay13

Very Poor Humour YES!
Believable at all....NO!

Ron

malay13

<br />
<br />The 2nd point is I can't believe people would even be fooled for a second on this. The Onion has been arguably the most popular satirical webzine in the past 10 years. It has spawned a TV show and Movie coming out in 2008.www.imdb.com/title/tt0392878/
<br />
<br />Very Poor Humour YES!
<br />Believable at all....NO!
<br />
<br />Ron
<br />
<br />

Emily65Roses

I don't know if it's because most of you are mothers (and therefore older), but The Onion is pretty widely known throughout my age group. Everyone I talk to knows what it is, and that it's nothing but fake articles and stories.

Emily65Roses

I don't know if it's because most of you are mothers (and therefore older), but The Onion is pretty widely known throughout my age group. Everyone I talk to knows what it is, and that it's nothing but fake articles and stories.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

T

Terry

I don't watch TV that much except for the "real" news and Discovery Health Channel and Animal Planet. Never David Letterman, or anything like that. I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to foolish nonsense. Wish I did.

Even so, there is nothing funny about this.

I only got there for googling CF T-shirts. I didn't pay attention to the other links on the page, but even if something is often time known to be not true (The National Enquirer, for one), there is also times where they are telling the truth. The article is actually quoting someone, and can be misleading to people who don't know it is a "joke."

Like I said earlier, I was feeling sensitive anyway because of an issue I had earlier in the day while trying to raise money for the Great Strides walk. That person may have been kidding as well, I don't think I want to tell you what was said because it angered/hurt me so much that I wouldn't want to share that pain. Maybe some of you have met someone equally as ignorant, maybe I am just getting introduced to it later than you all. But after having someone say to my face the things that were said, it wasn't so hard to believe that there was someone as rude as this out there.

Terry

T

Terry

I don't watch TV that much except for the "real" news and Discovery Health Channel and Animal Planet. Never David Letterman, or anything like that. I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to foolish nonsense. Wish I did.

I only got there for googling CF T-shirts. I didn't pay attention to the other links on the page, but even if something is often time known to be not true (The National Enquirer, for one), there is also times where they are telling the truth. The article is actually quoting someone, and can be misleading to people who don't know it is a "joke."

Like I said earlier, I was feeling sensitive anyway because of an issue I had earlier in the day while trying to raise money for the Great Strides walk. That person may have been kidding as well, I don't think I want to tell you what was said because it angered/hurt me so much that I wouldn't want to share that pain. Maybe some of you have met someone equally as ignorant, maybe I am just getting introduced to it later than you all. But after having someone say to my face the things that were said, it wasn't so hard to believe that there was someone as rude as this out there.

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

<br />
<br />Even so, there is nothing funny about this.
<br />
<br />I only got there for googling CF T-shirts. I didn't pay attention to the other links on the page, but even if something is often time known to be not true (The National Enquirer, for one), there is also times where they are telling the truth. The article is actually quoting someone, and can be misleading to people who don't know it is a "joke."
<br />
<br />Like I said earlier, I was feeling sensitive anyway because of an issue I had earlier in the day while trying to raise money for the Great Strides walk. That person may have been kidding as well, I don't think I want to tell you what was said because it angered/hurt me so much that I wouldn't want to share that pain. Maybe some of you have met someone equally as ignorant, maybe I am just getting introduced to it later than you all. But after having someone say to my face the things that were said, it wasn't so hard to believe that there was someone as rude as this out there.
<br />
<br />Terry