Does anyone NOT use the vest for physio?

momtoCory

Cory hates the vest and found it never really worked. He still prefers manual CPT. We do CPT twice a day and he does PEP when he needs something extra and I am at work.

Michelle

momtoCory

Cory hates the vest and found it never really worked. He still prefers manual CPT. We do CPT twice a day and he does PEP when he needs something extra and I am at work.

Michelle

Sreh

I tried the vest and it caused to much pain... I had surgery for blockage just before hand, so I had manual cpt after that. I did great on it for 3 years and doubled my fev1's. My insurrance wanted me to go back to the vest and my nurse who was doing the cpt at the time even pushed for the vest with the insurrance. Even after I had told them it doesn't work well for me and causes me pain. Still, they made me go back to the vest, at least I got the new vest, but in the end I lost all that I had gain over the past 3 years and then some. I still have my vest incase, sometime down the road, I may need it. But manual cpt is the only thing that really helped me. The Flutter Valve and the Acapella never worked for me, mainly cause I didn't have enough pressure behind my breathe for them to be effective. oh well.

Sreh

I tried the vest and it caused to much pain... I had surgery for blockage just before hand, so I had manual cpt after that. I did great on it for 3 years and doubled my fev1's. My insurrance wanted me to go back to the vest and my nurse who was doing the cpt at the time even pushed for the vest with the insurrance. Even after I had told them it doesn't work well for me and causes me pain. Still, they made me go back to the vest, at least I got the new vest, but in the end I lost all that I had gain over the past 3 years and then some. I still have my vest incase, sometime down the road, I may need it. But manual cpt is the only thing that really helped me. The Flutter Valve and the Acapella never worked for me, mainly cause I didn't have enough pressure behind my breathe for them to be effective. oh well.

Sreh

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sreh</b></i>

The Flutter Valve and the Acapella never worked for me, mainly cause I didn't have enough pressure behind my breathe for them to be effective. oh well.</end quote></div>

THIS has me wondering. If your lung function is too low, would these not be a useful CPT tool? I have been thinking of inquiring about the Acapella to incorperate into my routine. IF low function makes them less effective then it seems fruitless? Any thoughts!!!!!!!!!

JazzysMom

The Flutter Valve and the Acapella never worked for me, mainly cause I didn't have enough pressure behind my breathe for them to be effective. oh well.</end quote></div>

THIS has me wondering. If your lung function is too low, would these not be a useful CPT tool? I have been thinking of inquiring about the Acapella to incorperate into my routine. IF low function makes them less effective then it seems fruitless? Any thoughts!!!!!!!!!

JazzysMom

M

MCGrad2006

I get manual CPT from someone outside of my home. There is a company in the boston area that hires specifically chest pT ppl and they come to your house to do that. I get it three times a week.

At one time, I was using the acapella, but then dropped it on the floor and went to clean it by boiling it...and the damn thing melted. I called CF services and they never sent me a new one! I didnt really like irt anyway...

M

MCGrad2006

I get manual CPT from someone outside of my home. There is a company in the boston area that hires specifically chest pT ppl and they come to your house to do that. I get it three times a week.

At one time, I was using the acapella, but then dropped it on the floor and went to clean it by boiling it...and the damn thing melted. I called CF services and they never sent me a new one! I didnt really like irt anyway...

M

MCGrad2006

Giggles

I did manual CPT my whole life and through college and then when the flutter came out I changed to that. Now I do the VEST and flutter. I really like the VEST!!! When I go on vacation and I can not bring it I sure notice a difference even though I am still doing the flutter.

Jennifer 35 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I did manual CPT my whole life and through college and then when the flutter came out I changed to that. Now I do the VEST and flutter. I really like the VEST!!! When I go on vacation and I can not bring it I sure notice a difference even though I am still doing the flutter.

Giggles