Does your child wear a mask to clinic?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
WOW, I can't believe how many of your clinics still have waiting rooms!

We never have to wait at all. Upon arrival we are whisked away to an exam room. Check in, PFTs, weight, blood, exam etc are ALL done in the same room. We never even see another patient.

When they are inpatient, they are asked to wear a mask when they leave their room. They also have to carry purell and kleenex.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

We never have to wait at all. Upon arrival we are whisked away to an exam room. Check in, PFTs, weight, blood, exam etc are ALL done in the same room. We never even see another patient.

When they are inpatient, they are asked to wear a mask when they leave their room. They also have to carry purell and kleenex.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />We never have to wait at all. Upon arrival we are whisked away to an exam room. Check in, PFTs, weight, blood, exam etc are ALL done in the same room. We never even see another patient.
<br />
<br />When they are inpatient, they are asked to wear a mask when they leave their room. They also have to carry purell and kleenex.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
No we don't. When we went to CF clinic, we either kept DS in his carseat carrier or sat off to the side away from everyone. After we complained a few times, they promised to get us in an exam room asap, but after one visit, couldn't guarantee that, so we stopped going and just see his primary doctor at the local peds clinic. As far as our CF clinic in the City, we rarely come across another patient and we're put in a room asap.

Marla, does your clinic still have a play room. I seem to recall talking to a local family who didn't know about the cross contamination issue until after they attended CF clinic and their child had been playing in there.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
No we don't. When we went to CF clinic, we either kept DS in his carseat carrier or sat off to the side away from everyone. After we complained a few times, they promised to get us in an exam room asap, but after one visit, couldn't guarantee that, so we stopped going and just see his primary doctor at the local peds clinic. As far as our CF clinic in the City, we rarely come across another patient and we're put in a room asap.

Marla, does your clinic still have a play room. I seem to recall talking to a local family who didn't know about the cross contamination issue until after they attended CF clinic and their child had been playing in there.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Marla, does your clinic still have a play room. I seem to recall talking to a local family who didn't know about the cross contamination issue until after they attended CF clinic and their child had been playing in there.

MargaritaChic

Emma stays in her car seat or in a stroller. I bring toys for her to play with. DH takes her to one side of the room away from anyone else that might be sitting waiting.

I never realized why, but they get us into a room almost immediately after I check in at the desk. They have us stay in there and everyone comes into that room to see us.

Only one time have we seen another child in the waiting room with a mask on.

From what you have all said, it sounds like they are handling it correctly... they just never explained it to us.

I will ask them about masks at the next visit.

MargaritaChic

Emma stays in her car seat or in a stroller. I bring toys for her to play with. DH takes her to one side of the room away from anyone else that might be sitting waiting.

I never realized why, but they get us into a room almost immediately after I check in at the desk. They have us stay in there and everyone comes into that room to see us.

From what you have all said, it sounds like they are handling it correctly... they just never explained it to us.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />I never realized why, but they get us into a room almost immediately after I check in at the desk. They have us stay in there and everyone comes into that room to see us.
<br />
<br />Only one time have we seen another child in the waiting room with a mask on.
<br />
<br />From what you have all said, it sounds like they are handling it correctly... they just never explained it to us.
<br />
<br />I will ask them about masks at the next visit.
<br />
<br />

vmhoward

We never wore one in the CF clinic but now that we are in the transplant clinic he has to wear it there. it is protocol for everyone in the transplant clinic to wear one. Pre transplant and post transplant. At least until they get back into the exam room then they can take it off. He also has to wear it to all support group meetings. Since there are other CF'ers there, and other pre and post Tx patients.

vmhoward

We never wore one in the CF clinic but now that we are in the transplant clinic he has to wear it there. it is protocol for everyone in the transplant clinic to wear one. Pre transplant and post transplant. At least until they get back into the exam room then they can take it off. He also has to wear it to all support group meetings. Since there are other CF'ers there, and other pre and post Tx patients.

vmhoward

vmhoward

vmhoward