Does your child wear a mask to clinic?

Buckeye

I make my son wear the mask even though he doesn't like it. I feel the germs go both ways - it's not only so he doesn't breath in other people's germs, but so he doesn't expose others to his germs. Not that he has ever cultured anything, but at the point we are at the CF clinic we don't know that yet. We are only in the waiting room for a minute or two while we sign in before they take us back to the rooms, but who knows who walked through there before us or who will walk through there after us. I just feel it's proper germ etiquette.

Buckeye

I make my son wear the mask even though he doesn't like it. I feel the germs go both ways - it's not only so he doesn't breath in other people's germs, but so he doesn't expose others to his germs. Not that he has ever cultured anything, but at the point we are at the CF clinic we don't know that yet. We are only in the waiting room for a minute or two while we sign in before they take us back to the rooms, but who knows who walked through there before us or who will walk through there after us. I just feel it's proper germ etiquette.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

kitomd21

Yikes...our CF clinic hasn't said a thing about masks. Granted, Ellie is only 3 mos old, but they have yet to mention it. ALSO...all of her appts are on Tuesday because that's apparently the day they see CF patients. Seems so foolish to schedule them all on the same day!! Also, I asked the nurse assistant about how they prep the rooms for the next patient and she seemed dumbfounded as to why I would ask that. She said they wipe down the rooms, but it seemed like she really didn't get the significance of my question. She also mentioned that we could ask for a room upon arrival and that they'd give us one if one was available....but this definitely didn't seem to be protocol. I'm not pleased!!

kitomd21

Yikes...our CF clinic hasn't said a thing about masks. Granted, Ellie is only 3 mos old, but they have yet to mention it. ALSO...all of her appts are on Tuesday because that's apparently the day they see CF patients. Seems so foolish to schedule them all on the same day!! Also, I asked the nurse assistant about how they prep the rooms for the next patient and she seemed dumbfounded as to why I would ask that. She said they wipe down the rooms, but it seemed like she really didn't get the significance of my question. She also mentioned that we could ask for a room upon arrival and that they'd give us one if one was available....but this definitely didn't seem to be protocol. I'm not pleased!!

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
At one of our last CF clinic's, I was asked to switch to a different exam room. I walked in first and there was a man and his pre-teen son w/ productive cough sitting in there. They were just going to switch rooms and I refused. I'd already suspected that they didn't sanitize to exam rooms on clinic days other than removing the paper of the exam table. It's my understanding some germs can live on surfaces for over 72 hours -- door knobs, desks, arm rests... Eww!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
At one of our last CF clinic's, I was asked to switch to a different exam room. I walked in first and there was a man and his pre-teen son w/ productive cough sitting in there. They were just going to switch rooms and I refused. I'd already suspected that they didn't sanitize to exam rooms on clinic days other than removing the paper of the exam table. It's my understanding some germs can live on surfaces for over 72 hours -- door knobs, desks, arm rests... Eww!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member