Excercise

MYBOY

Hey Erin - I'm from Iowa too. We go to the Univ of Neb Med Center - is that where you go? I have a 10 yr old - he jumps on trampoline, rides bike, plays baseball, football and basketball. Stays very active and has been pretty healthy (knock on wood). In fact at his baseball camp the coach and high school kids couldn't believe how good he was for his age and told him a good team will be recruiting him some day. It always breaks my heart to think how good and determined he is at sports - but may not be able to play someday. I love hearing stories about people like you doing so good - it really gives me hope!!

My husband was very good at basketball and football and had colleges begging him to play - so he does get that from him! He does his vest and albuteral and pulmozyme once a day for now.

MYBOY

Hey Erin - I'm from Iowa too. We go to the Univ of Neb Med Center - is that where you go? I have a 10 yr old - he jumps on trampoline, rides bike, plays baseball, football and basketball. Stays very active and has been pretty healthy (knock on wood). In fact at his baseball camp the coach and high school kids couldn't believe how good he was for his age and told him a good team will be recruiting him some day. It always breaks my heart to think how good and determined he is at sports - but may not be able to play someday. I love hearing stories about people like you doing so good - it really gives me hope!!

My husband was very good at basketball and football and had colleges begging him to play - so he does get that from him! He does his vest and albuteral and pulmozyme once a day for now.

MYBOY

MYBOY

letsrockcfem

Erin that's amazing, big state champ huh?! Nice work!! I actually took up running just under a year ago and since I've been running my PFT's are the highest they've been in like 5 years. I've done a few 5k's and a 10k..I am not a fast runner but I do like it. I was very active growing up, sports exercise..my mom was my gym teacher and coached a ton of sports in my area.

I just added bike riding into my exercise recipe too.. anywhere from 6-20 miles a day a few times a week..I am riding from Detroit to Chicago (hopefully Lollapalooza) at the end of July into August..so my rides will have to be built up to 50 miles a day..this is for my RockCF Foundation.

So each day I usually run 2-3 miles then ride after work..so a cardio sandwich with some weights, push ups and sit ups in between. I feel great..no tune up in about 9 months(the longest I have gone without one).

ROck CF!!
EM

letsrockcfem

Erin that's amazing, big state champ huh?! Nice work!! I actually took up running just under a year ago and since I've been running my PFT's are the highest they've been in like 5 years. I've done a few 5k's and a 10k..I am not a fast runner but I do like it. I was very active growing up, sports exercise..my mom was my gym teacher and coached a ton of sports in my area.

I just added bike riding into my exercise recipe too.. anywhere from 6-20 miles a day a few times a week..I am riding from Detroit to Chicago (hopefully Lollapalooza) at the end of July into August..so my rides will have to be built up to 50 miles a day..this is for my RockCF Foundation.

So each day I usually run 2-3 miles then ride after work..so a cardio sandwich with some weights, push ups and sit ups in between. I feel great..no tune up in about 9 months(the longest I have gone without one).

ROck CF!!
EM

letsrockcfem

ROck CF!!
EM

letsrockcfem

ROck CF!!
EM

letsrockcfem

ROck CF!!
EM

letsrockcfem

ROck CF!!
EM

lightNlife

Exercise, especially cardio is a HUGE plus for CFers. I had too many allergies to be out running around on the grass for PE, so to make up for it, I learned how to play the French horn. TONS of sustained breathing. My doctors said that all that exercise really helped.

I also twirled baton and marched in parades, competed, junk like that. Every little bit helps. It's good to be well rounded, not just healthy!

Congrats on finishing your first year of school. Keep up the excellent work.

lightNlife

Exercise, especially cardio is a HUGE plus for CFers. I had too many allergies to be out running around on the grass for PE, so to make up for it, I learned how to play the French horn. TONS of sustained breathing. My doctors said that all that exercise really helped.

I also twirled baton and marched in parades, competed, junk like that. Every little bit helps. It's good to be well rounded, not just healthy!

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

Ricky123

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>RunnerErin</b></i>

Hey Everyone! My name is Erin w/cf and I am 18 (almost 19) years old. I just finished my first year of college in Iowa! To tell my story in the short version, I am a runner. I was a 3 time state champion in Nebraska in the 1 mile and 2 mile. I am trying to keep active with my cystic fibrosis. I am very healthy and give my credit to the excercise I do everyday. I compete for a college track team also. What are you doing to stay active and keep excersising for healthy lungs with Cystic Fibrosis??</end quote></div>
impressive erin just out of interest what is your fev1

Ricky123

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>RunnerErin</b></i>

Hey Everyone! My name is Erin w/cf and I am 18 (almost 19) years old. I just finished my first year of college in Iowa! To tell my story in the short version, I am a runner. I was a 3 time state champion in Nebraska in the 1 mile and 2 mile. I am trying to keep active with my cystic fibrosis. I am very healthy and give my credit to the excercise I do everyday. I compete for a college track team also. What are you doing to stay active and keep excersising for healthy lungs with Cystic Fibrosis??</end quote></div>

Ricky123

Ricky123