Flu shot

Marjolein

I went and got my flu shot this afternoon.
I always get it from my gp. Everyone from the age of 60 and those with lungproblems, diabetes (really everyone with a higher risk of flu) gets one that is payd for by our insurance.

Anyway, I called my transplant clinic cause my immune system has a hard time of keeping EBV at bay and for the my immuno suppresents were already lowered.

I was just wondering if it was safe to get the flu shot. My GP thought that it was but she said I should call my clinic just to be sure. So i did.

They said that I could go and get it. But that they weren't sure if it would do something. I didn't actually speak to the nurse practitioner who said that but the tx clinic's secretary asked and told me. I guess it's because they are not sure if my body can produce the anti-bodies that it is supposed to.

I was just wondering. Do you get the flu shot?

Marjolein

I always get it from my gp. Everyone from the age of 60 and those with lungproblems, diabetes (really everyone with a higher risk of flu) gets one that is payd for by our insurance.

Anyway, I called my transplant clinic cause my immune system has a hard time of keeping EBV at bay and for the my immuno suppresents were already lowered.

I was just wondering if it was safe to get the flu shot. My GP thought that it was but she said I should call my clinic just to be sure. So i did.

They said that I could go and get it. But that they weren't sure if it would do something. I didn't actually speak to the nurse practitioner who said that but the tx clinic's secretary asked and told me. I guess it's because they are not sure if my body can produce the anti-bodies that it is supposed to.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />I always get it from my gp. Everyone from the age of 60 and those with lungproblems, diabetes (really everyone with a higher risk of flu) gets one that is payd for by our insurance.
<br />
<br />Anyway, I called my transplant clinic cause my immune system has a hard time of keeping EBV at bay and for the my immuno suppresents were already lowered.
<br />
<br />I was just wondering if it was safe to get the flu shot. My GP thought that it was but she said I should call my clinic just to be sure. So i did.
<br />
<br />They said that I could go and get it. But that they weren't sure if it would do something. I didn't actually speak to the nurse practitioner who said that but the tx clinic's secretary asked and told me. I guess it's because they are not sure if my body can produce the anti-bodies that it is supposed to.
<br />
<br />I was just wondering. Do you get the flu shot?

just1more

FYI, there is a thread on the Flu shot on the Adults forum. It has quite a few responses and it appears that with the exception of a small few everyone here gets them.

just1more

FYI, there is a thread on the Flu shot on the Adults forum. It has quite a few responses and it appears that with the exception of a small few everyone here gets them.

just1more

just1more

just1more

Marjolein

Thanks, I know

But I created this one just to hear from CFers post transplant really.

As there is a difference, obviously

But, thanks for your message haha

Marjolein

Thanks, I know

Marjolein

Thanks, I know

Marjolein

Thanks, I know

Marjolein

Thanks, I know
<br />
<br />But I created this one just to hear from CFers post transplant really.
<br />
<br />As there is a difference, obviously
<br />
<br />But, thanks for your message haha