For the mothers out there....

Zoey7206

Zoey has a really bad diaper rash. Its like blisters on her rear. I've tried sensacare,stoma powder,nystatin ointment and powder,and it still wont go away. They bleed too so she literally screams and throws a fit when I change her diaper. Anyone else have or had a problem like this? Please tell me what worked for your little one. Thanks
Sarah 20 cf carrier-mom to Zoey 6 1/2 months w/cf

Zoey7206

Zoey has a really bad diaper rash. Its like blisters on her rear. I've tried sensacare,stoma powder,nystatin ointment and powder,and it still wont go away. They bleed too so she literally screams and throws a fit when I change her diaper. Anyone else have or had a problem like this? Please tell me what worked for your little one. Thanks

Zoey7206

M

mneville

Aidan has had the same and the only thing that worked was LOTS of Triple Paste. You can get it at a local drugstore.

Megan

M

mneville

Aidan has had the same and the only thing that worked was LOTS of Triple Paste. You can get it at a local drugstore.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

Nicole

Danny had this when he had rotovirus. The only thing that worked for him was the stoma powder. It would almost stick to the raw skin and stay there and at least made a little barrier.

Nicole

Danny had this when he had rotovirus. The only thing that worked for him was the stoma powder. It would almost stick to the raw skin and stay there and at least made a little barrier.

Nicole

JRPandTJP

Julia (my first) had issues with rash. I believe something with zinc in it seemed to help (this was 7 years ago). She was sensative to the dyes in the diapers and I had to switch brands. Maybe try cloth for a little while and just change frequently. I also seem to remember letting her be naked alot during awake times/play times. Just let it air out. Butt Paste is suppose to be good.

You may want to be sure it isn't thrush/yeast related or due to food allergy.

Just some ideas. Hope her little bum heals soon. That has got to be so uncomfortable for them...I always just cringed when Julia had it.

Warmly,

JRPandTJP

Julia (my first) had issues with rash. I believe something with zinc in it seemed to help (this was 7 years ago). She was sensative to the dyes in the diapers and I had to switch brands. Maybe try cloth for a little while and just change frequently. I also seem to remember letting her be naked alot during awake times/play times. Just let it air out. Butt Paste is suppose to be good.

Just some ideas. Hope her little bum heals soon. That has got to be so uncomfortable for them...I always just cringed when Julia had it.

Warmly,

JRPandTJP

Warmly,

debs2girls

I like Flanders Buttocks Ointment...its like Triple paste but easier for me to find...

I will show my age with this...but if you have a cast iron skillet....you can make your own "powder" that works wonders...you just burn flour in the skillet...dont add anything to it..after it is cooled, just use like powder..you can make up a bunch in advance and keep it in an airtight container.

I hope Zoey get some relief soon..

debs2girls

I like Flanders Buttocks Ointment...its like Triple paste but easier for me to find...

I will show my age with this...but if you have a cast iron skillet....you can make your own "powder" that works wonders...you just burn flour in the skillet...dont add anything to it..after it is cooled, just use like powder..you can make up a bunch in advance and keep it in an airtight container.

debs2girls

JazzysMom

Jazmine had something like this that I thoat was a simple diaper rash. It ended up being a dermatitis viral something or other & required ant fungal cream in addition to the normal desitine to put the barrier inbetween. It worked great. Just another thought that it might be fungal!

JazzysMom

Jazmine had something like this that I thoat was a simple diaper rash. It ended up being a dermatitis viral something or other & required ant fungal cream in addition to the normal desitine to put the barrier inbetween. It worked great. Just another thought that it might be fungal!

JazzysMom

Zoey7206

I just got back from buying corn starch. Anyone know if it works? My mom said thats what she used( back in the day lol!)

Zoey7206

I just got back from buying corn starch. Anyone know if it works? My mom said thats what she used( back in the day lol!)