For the mothers out there....

Zoey7206

I just got back from buying corn starch. Anyone know if it works? My mom said thats what she used( back in the day lol!)

mum2kj

My daughter used to get this quite badly. The thing that worked for me was a very thick paste that our chemist made. Maybe your chemist could suggest something?

mum2kj

My daughter used to get this quite badly. The thing that worked for me was a very thick paste that our chemist made. Maybe your chemist could suggest something?

mum2kj

JennifersHope

I am not a mom, but I have seen a lot of diaper rash in my days, between being a daycare director and a nurse..... lots of babies butts have come my way...

I am a little concerned about the blisters... More and More I have seen little babies and kids coming to the emergency room for really bad diaper rashes that have turned out to be skin MRSA infections... I would only worry about it if your child goes to daycare because sometimes they are not real good about washing the diaper changing areas.

If it is persistant and hasn't been checked by a doctor at least once, I would recommend doing that just to be sure, like Melissa said to see if it is fungal or a bacteria type thing.. IF not.. I recommend BUTT Paste.... It works wonderful and has three or four different ingredients in it to make a good barrier...

Just make sure before you make the barrier that you are not sealing in an infection of some sort.. Stay away from any scented lotions. Keep the area really clean, and let her butt be exposed to the air as much as possible...

JennifersHope

I am not a mom, but I have seen a lot of diaper rash in my days, between being a daycare director and a nurse..... lots of babies butts have come my way...

I am a little concerned about the blisters... More and More I have seen little babies and kids coming to the emergency room for really bad diaper rashes that have turned out to be skin MRSA infections... I would only worry about it if your child goes to daycare because sometimes they are not real good about washing the diaper changing areas.

If it is persistant and hasn't been checked by a doctor at least once, I would recommend doing that just to be sure, like Melissa said to see if it is fungal or a bacteria type thing.. IF not.. I recommend BUTT Paste.... It works wonderful and has three or four different ingredients in it to make a good barrier...

Just make sure before you make the barrier that you are not sealing in an infection of some sort.. Stay away from any scented lotions. Keep the area really clean, and let her butt be exposed to the air as much as possible...

JennifersHope

T

ToriMom

Victoria had a horrible, bleeding diaper rash when she was on some strong antibiotics as a baby. The BEST cream I found was the BUTT PASTE (I had to get it online) and I tried a LOT of creams/solutions/tips. The only other thing which helped was AIR...lots of open diaper-less hours. I would have it looked at in case it is something more than a diaper rash, but these were the things which worked for us. I also used Triple Paste from the pharmacy which is a good barrier cream, it would be my second best recommendation.
Good Luck
Michelle (mom to Tori w/CF and G-tube, 5 yrs old)

T

ToriMom

Victoria had a horrible, bleeding diaper rash when she was on some strong antibiotics as a baby. The BEST cream I found was the BUTT PASTE (I had to get it online) and I tried a LOT of creams/solutions/tips. The only other thing which helped was AIR...lots of open diaper-less hours. I would have it looked at in case it is something more than a diaper rash, but these were the things which worked for us. I also used Triple Paste from the pharmacy which is a good barrier cream, it would be my second best recommendation.
Good Luck

T

ToriMom

Good Luck

Lee2006

I second the butt paste worked wonders for my son.

Lisa mom to Tommy Luke 8 moths cf and g tube, jayne 8 yrs old no cf

Lee2006

Lee2006

izemmom

Both my girls have had horrible, bleeding, blistering diaper rashes. We also use Boudreaux's Butt Paste. THe hospital gave us triple paste to use with Emily, but I find that the Butt Paste works faster. If you use any comercial diaper cream, check the ingredients list to make sure that "water" isn't one of them. A surprising amount of creams are water based, not oil based. Water will not dry up a rash.

Good luck! Hope it gets better soon. I know all too well how horrible it makes you feel to have to wipe that sore little bottom and listen to the screams!

izemmom

Both my girls have had horrible, bleeding, blistering diaper rashes. We also use Boudreaux's Butt Paste. THe hospital gave us triple paste to use with Emily, but I find that the Butt Paste works faster. If you use any comercial diaper cream, check the ingredients list to make sure that "water" isn't one of them. A surprising amount of creams are water based, not oil based. Water will not dry up a rash.

Good luck! Hope it gets better soon. I know all too well how horrible it makes you feel to have to wipe that sore little bottom and listen to the screams!

izemmom

purplemartin

We currently have the bleeding and bright red rash as well. Poor little guy he just screams, shakes, and kicks when I change his diaper. Lately when he has a bowel movement ( which is a few times a day) I rinse his bottom off in the tube instead a wiping it with a wet wipe. The warm water seems to add a little comfort to his sore little bottom. We seem to get these horrible rashes very often and have been prescribed Happy Heiny, triple paste, and Clotrimazo. It still takes a few days for it to go away.