For Women Post TX

kbquincy

Ok post TX ladies, I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing menstrual problems post transplant. Since transplant I have been spotting every day with some bleeding except for maybe 3 days per month. I'm 6 months post transplant and wondering when this will stop. I have had my thyroid and hormones checked and everything in that department is normal. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for your input in advance! Kim

kbquincy

Ok post TX ladies, I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing menstrual problems post transplant. Since transplant I have been spotting every day with some bleeding except for maybe 3 days per month. I'm 6 months post transplant and wondering when this will stop. I have had my thyroid and hormones checked and everything in that department is normal. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for your input in advance! Kim

kbquincy

kbquincy

kbquincy

F

fr3ak

This seems to be a common occurance for most of the female transplant patients I know, I have no idea why or what causes it, and the drs will all tell you that you are the only one... *insert explicit language*

Pre tx I never had a problem with my cycle it was always like clockwork, but that all changed once I had my tx... I pretty much started bleeding straight after the surgery and kept bleeding from then on.

I would be lucky to get 5 days off out of 90 days and progressively as the months passed by they got stronger and heavier... I was constantly anemic from the blood loss.

My gyno tried a courret (sp) first to see if that would bring things back to normal, but it had no effect at all. I tried various birth control pills which can sometimes being things back to normal. After almost 2 years of constant bleeding and I do mean constant(I kept a diary so I could take to the gyno to show exactly how many days I was on and how few I had off) I also had a growth on my ovary which was a concern pre tx (a whole other story)

Finally after going to 4 different Gynos all of which told me it was nothing except a SMALL inconvenience I finally found one that listened to how much it was ruining my life....

I was suppose to have my hysterectomy done via vag/laparoscope but due to complications in surgery and bleeding out I ended up getting cut and my uterus along with the right ovary were removed...

Me being the freak I am, still bled even after having a hysterectomy, I swear I am the only person that could do this... They went back in and did like a cone biopsy type thing which did the trick, and my life has been so much better!!

One difference between having a vag surgery to a cut surgery is that by being cut I was left with my cervix which my gyno said was better as it would give me the added support with me still having my CF cough...

I do feel bad that my opportunity to ever have kids is gone...But we can't have everything I suppose...

F

fr3ak

This seems to be a common occurance for most of the female transplant patients I know, I have no idea why or what causes it, and the drs will all tell you that you are the only one... *insert explicit language*

Pre tx I never had a problem with my cycle it was always like clockwork, but that all changed once I had my tx... I pretty much started bleeding straight after the surgery and kept bleeding from then on.

I would be lucky to get 5 days off out of 90 days and progressively as the months passed by they got stronger and heavier... I was constantly anemic from the blood loss.

My gyno tried a courret (sp) first to see if that would bring things back to normal, but it had no effect at all. I tried various birth control pills which can sometimes being things back to normal. After almost 2 years of constant bleeding and I do mean constant(I kept a diary so I could take to the gyno to show exactly how many days I was on and how few I had off) I also had a growth on my ovary which was a concern pre tx (a whole other story)

Finally after going to 4 different Gynos all of which told me it was nothing except a SMALL inconvenience I finally found one that listened to how much it was ruining my life....

I was suppose to have my hysterectomy done via vag/laparoscope but due to complications in surgery and bleeding out I ended up getting cut and my uterus along with the right ovary were removed...

Me being the freak I am, still bled even after having a hysterectomy, I swear I am the only person that could do this... They went back in and did like a cone biopsy type thing which did the trick, and my life has been so much better!!

One difference between having a vag surgery to a cut surgery is that by being cut I was left with my cervix which my gyno said was better as it would give me the added support with me still having my CF cough...

I do feel bad that my opportunity to ever have kids is gone...But we can't have everything I suppose...

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

F

fr3ak

<br />
<br />Pre tx I never had a problem with my cycle it was always like clockwork, but that all changed once I had my tx... I pretty much started bleeding straight after the surgery and kept bleeding from then on.
<br />
<br />I would be lucky to get 5 days off out of 90 days and progressively as the months passed by they got stronger and heavier... I was constantly anemic from the blood loss.
<br />
<br />My gyno tried a courret (sp) first to see if that would bring things back to normal, but it had no effect at all. I tried various birth control pills which can sometimes being things back to normal. After almost 2 years of constant bleeding and I do mean constant(I kept a diary so I could take to the gyno to show exactly how many days I was on and how few I had off) I also had a growth on my ovary which was a concern pre tx (a whole other story)
<br />
<br />Finally after going to 4 different Gynos all of which told me it was nothing except a SMALL inconvenience I finally found one that listened to how much it was ruining my life....
<br />
<br />I was suppose to have my hysterectomy done via vag/laparoscope but due to complications in surgery and bleeding out I ended up getting cut and my uterus along with the right ovary were removed...
<br />
<br />Me being the freak I am, still bled even after having a hysterectomy, I swear I am the only person that could do this... They went back in and did like a cone biopsy type thing which did the trick, and my life has been so much better!!
<br />
<br />One difference between having a vag surgery to a cut surgery is that by being cut I was left with my cervix which my gyno said was better as it would give me the added support with me still having my CF cough...
<br />
<br />I do feel bad that my opportunity to ever have kids is gone...But we can't have everything I suppose...

JazzysMom

This irritates the crap out of me & I am not the one going through it.

Although I understand the medical profession might not know WHY/HOW it occurs......it almost seems like they dont care. A "small inconvenience" is easy to say when its not YOU dealing with it.

I would be interested in hearing from more of our female members to see how many here have had this issue. It would be a huge obstacle for me to get through quite honestly!!!!

JazzysMom

Although I understand the medical profession might not know WHY/HOW it occurs......it almost seems like they dont care. A "small inconvenience" is easy to say when its not YOU dealing with it.

I would be interested in hearing from more of our female members to see how many here have had this issue. It would be a huge obstacle for me to get through quite honestly!!!!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Although I understand the medical profession might not know WHY/HOW it occurs......it almost seems like they dont care. A "small inconvenience" is easy to say when its not YOU dealing with it.
<br />
<br />I would be interested in hearing from more of our female members to see how many here have had this issue. It would be a huge obstacle for me to get through quite honestly!!!!

Ready2Dance

I'm still pre-tx, but figured I could throw in a few ideas. I know when I'm on certain meds (especially antibiotics) that I spot during the entire duration of that med. It often throws my cycles off and such. Using that line of thinking, maybe it's one of the drugs like the maintenance antibiotics?

My tx doc is pretty good when it comes to female stuff, so I'll be sure to ask her the next time I see her! Until then, best of luck!!

Ready2Dance

I'm still pre-tx, but figured I could throw in a few ideas. I know when I'm on certain meds (especially antibiotics) that I spot during the entire duration of that med. It often throws my cycles off and such. Using that line of thinking, maybe it's one of the drugs like the maintenance antibiotics?

My tx doc is pretty good when it comes to female stuff, so I'll be sure to ask her the next time I see her! Until then, best of luck!!

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

<br />
<br />My tx doc is pretty good when it comes to female stuff, so I'll be sure to ask her the next time I see her! Until then, best of luck!!